Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

15 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Woodgate’ s decision to take Brooks off after the sending off went a long, long way to Bournemouth losing that. They offered nothing going forward once he went off. Should of taken off that bloody great lump Solanke.

I think the gift of a penalty was the main reason. Ridiculous decision.

38 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I think the gift of a penalty was the main reason. Ridiculous decision.

Would have been annoyed if that wasn't given if we were in their position. Blocked a cross with his hands, seemed fairly straightforward to me?

Absolutely delighted that Bournemouth stay down. At least we don't get the three down > three straight back up thing, which would have been absolutely tedious.

Even better here's hoping this triggers a Bournemouth financial implosion.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

Just now, CB Fry said:

Absolutely delighted that Bournemouth stag down. At least we don't get the three down > three straight back up thing, which would have been absolutely tedious.

Even better here's hoping this triggers a Bournemouth financial implosion.

I hope not, I never take any loose change to St Mary’s these days.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Great game in the league one playoff here.

That Sunderland player leadbitter or whatever his name is should be off for a second yellow for that high boot to that Lincoln lads head.

That would have been a straight red in the PL.

24 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You'd rather we didn't have extra money to improve the club/team?

If you spend the entire season praying for the three relegated teams to come straight back up then good for you.

Personally I find it rather more interesting to introduce a bit of variety to the league, considering away days etc.

It's what normal people would do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If you spend the entire season praying for the three relegated teams to come straight back up then good for you.

Personally I find it rather more interesting to introduce a bit of variety to the league, considering away days etc.

It's what normal people would do.

We haven't played the team (Barnsley) I said I want promoted in the Premier League for 23 years. That adds variety!

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

We haven't played the team (Barnsley) I said I want promoted in the Premier League for 23 years. That adds variety!

So, in essence, you agree with CBFry about adding variety to the league over wanting the same 3 promoted.

Not sure why you had to make a meal out of it.

• Like 1

Not sure what happens to Leiecter at the back end of seasons, seems to be a Rogers trait to be honest?

They got an FA Cup though, so all in all another magical season for them. 

Everton have done everything they can to be as shit as we have for the last few months, although unsurprisngly they still beat us.

1 minute ago, Picard said:

Poch vs Fonte for French title under way. Looks like it's going to Fonte as Lille are 2-0 up at half- time.

Will be pleased if Lille get it. Nice to see some different league winners over Europe (At. Madrid/Inter/Lille possibly)

Some cracking penalties in that shootout.

Always nice to see United lose and see the salty tears of their plastic fans. Happy to see Emery lift the trophy after the raw deal he got from Arsenal fans and the UK press. Would definitely say he’s had the last laugh.

• Like 11

That was a cracking shoot-out.

Really pleased for Villarreal though, provincial club in Spain - never won a major trophy in any competition. What a night to be one of their fans.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

What do we think for the team GB squad for the Olympics? good to see Ellen White and Steph Houghton there, good experience of big tournaments. Hopefully Fran Kirby can repeat her form for Chelsea and Demi Stokes steps up we have a great chance. Absolutely buzzing for this!

I couldn't care less about Man U but if I was one of their fans this morning I would be fuming to hear Ole's remarks post match. 'We didn't turn up'. This was a Cup Final for hell's sake, not a rehearsal. The Old Trafford trophy cabinet has more cobwebs than cups. Shouldn't a player who is walking out onto the pitch for a Final and wearing his club shirt, be bursting with pride? Shouldn't he be filled with determination to give 100%? Where were the balls and the fire in the bellies of those players last night? They get paid obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around a bit of grass. Look as if you at least care. It amazes me they ended up 2nd in the League. It's like seeing an elephant in a tree and wondering how it got there. To cap it all their star striker, Pen, never got the Golden Boot. There's no justice in the world. I hope Ole has kept the receipt for the Silvo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

I couldn't care less about Man U but if I was one of their fans this morning I would be fuming to hear Ole's remarks post match. 'We didn't turn up'. This was a Cup Final for hell's sake, not a rehearsal. The Old Trafford trophy cabinet has more cobwebs than cups. Shouldn't a player who is walking out onto the pitch for a Final and wearing his club shirt, be bursting with pride? Shouldn't he be filled with determination to give 100%? Where were the balls and the fire in the bellies of those players last night? They get paid obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around a bit of grass. Look as if you at least care. It amazes me they ended up 2nd in the League. It's like seeing an elephant in a tree and wondering how it got there. To cap it all their star striker, Pen, never got the Golden Boot. There's no justice in the world. I hope Ole has kept the receipt for the Silvo.

Bit like our lot in the FA Cup semi then. Ten mins left and they are trotting around thinking about what to order for dinner that night.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Apparently he hasn’t saved a pen for years unlike Henderson who has saved 8 

There's an interesting analysis on his penalty saving technique on this Twitter thread.

Shows how much technical ability it takes to save a good shot, it really isn't a case of just diving the right way as many people think.