January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

On 19/11/2020 at 21:00, Lets B Avenue said:

Joe Kirkup.

Jo Kirkup scored the first league goal I ever saw scored watching Saints at the Dell ( id seen plenty of reserve and youth goals before my proper game)

He scored in the first minute or so at Home against Leeds we went on to lose 3-1

3 hours ago, OldNick said:

Jo Kirkup scored the first league goal I ever saw scored watching Saints at the Dell ( id seen plenty of reserve and youth goals before my proper game)

He scored in the first minute or so at Home against Leeds we went on to lose 3-1

Sorry, me old mucker. That was officially a Jack Charlton O.G.

10 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Sign or be sold.

RB I think is starting to slow and would be one we need to start looking at replacing in the next season or so. Hopefully we can give him another 12 months although he might want a longer contract. Ings we cannot afford to lose 😕 - only feels like we signed him v.recently too and already looking at his contract ending! 😄

Edited by skintsaint

On 22/11/2020 at 21:57, Lets B Avenue said:

Sorry, me old mucker. That was officially a Jack Charlton O.G.

Really!!! For 50 + years I had though it was Jo Kirkup's goal. You have crushed my dreams of remembering the first goal scored by a Saints player. Ive got no idea who scored the 2nd!!!! Arrgghh

11 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Folarin Balogun scored for Arsenal today. We were linked with him in the summer. Arteta isn't keen on him but the Arsenal fans think he's a great prospect. Wants first team football though which we wouldn't be able to offer him.

Apparently Arsenal are back in talks over a new contract now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Roo1976 said:

Would it be worth asking about a possible loan deal in January?............seems to have stalled his career and possibly needs to move on to kick start his game again. Hes still only 27...............wow tbh thought he was younger,but hey ho.

No

Would it be worth asking about a possible loan deal in January?............seems to have stalled his career and possibly needs to move on to kick start his game again. Hes still only 27...............wow tbh thought he was younger,but hey ho.

Average player. No, no and never. 

Just now, Roo1976 said:

So youd be as happy as we all are at the prospect of that prolific goal threat we have in Shane (runs around alot ) Long? or we could have someone who has potential to make a difference from the subs bench.................ummm .

Would you be saying this if he’d been putting regular, similar performances for Newcastle or Palace?

3 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

So youd be as happy as we all are at the prospect of that prolific goal threat we have in Shane (runs around alot ) Long? or we could have someone who has potential to make a difference from the subs bench.................ummm .

If you replace a turd with a turd, you still have a turd. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

He turns 28 years old in a week and wouldn't get in our starting line-up. 

No chance, never really shown any footballing ability, barring a brief purple patch in 2017-18 where he scored 13 in all comps through being in the right place at the right time. More interested in the Celebrity lifestyle and social media followings of being a footballer (like Dele Alli) and didn't really turn too many heads in his Championship loans when he was coming through. Would've been discarded a long time ago by United if he didn't come through the academy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

That someone isn’t Jesse Lingard

8 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

He does not have potential. He turns 28 years old next week and is well... a bit shit.

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Would you be saying this if he’d been putting regular, similar performances for Newcastle or Palace?

Who we talking about Lingard or Long?............not too sure that either of the players mentioned warrant a regular starting place,..... unless they were in form.

Who we talking about Lingard or Long?............not too sure that either of the players mentioned warrant a regular starting place,..... unless they were in form.

If Lingard had been putting in such consistently mediocre performances for a club which wasn’t Man Utd, would you want to sign him? 

I’ve never rated Lingard but I would actually take him here at the moment. If there’s one system he could be useful in it would be ours. He’s busy, relatively quick, energetic. Technical ability is relatively secondary when it comes to playing in our system, and he still does have some of that too. Not sure Ralph would fancy him though.

8 hours ago, saintwbu said:

I’ve never rated Lingard but I would actually take him here at the moment. If there’s one system he could be useful in it would be ours. He’s busy, relatively quick, energetic. Technical ability is relatively secondary when it comes to playing in our system, and he still does have some of that too. Not sure Ralph would fancy him though.

Well, he's not relatively quick compared to Anthony Taylor. Maybe we should sign him instead?

• Haha 1