January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

7 hours ago, rooney said:

Absolutely,Ryan is not what he was in that Dept. I thought that for a number of games.

Has been a really good player for us and a good guy but no sentiment in football, I wouldn’t be too upset if he moved on and we replace him. Walker Peters has been a great signing for the price so plenty of value out there

I’ve always been happy with the idea of RB leaving, aged 32 and having given us the best 7 years of his career. 

Come summer Ings, Vest and Armstrong will be 29, Romeu 30, Long 34, Bertrand 32 and Walcott 32 if we keep him. I wouldn’t want too many players over 30 to start building up. Long and Bertrand would be the obvious candidates to let go first.

33 minutes ago, Monk said:

I'd like to see us look at Rico Henry at Brentford as a potential Bertie replacement. 

Is he any good? Despite all the hype about Brentford’s recruiting it’s only really “Olly” Watkins I’d be happy if we’ve signed. The rest seem like low end premier players 

4 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Leicester City are prepared to let English winger Demarai Gray, 24, leave the club in January, with Tottenham, Everton, Southampton and Crystal Palace interested.

Are we ?

A loan to buy wouldnt be the worse deal in the world., Let's be honest... Redmond hasn't been fantastic.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

If Redmond does leave I'd have to say that overall he's been a disappointment. 

I do feel that, if we were to shift a 10 on, it more than likely would be Redmond. Red hot on occasion, But often left frustrated. Could easily see us get in £25/20Million to reinvest. 

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

Sabaly from Bordeaux would be my choice for fullback. Senegalese international fullback who can play left or right, Should have enough points for a post Brexit work permit. 

5 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

Leicester City are prepared to let English winger Demarai Gray, 24, leave the club in January, with Tottenham, Everton, Southampton and Crystal Palace interested.

Are we ?

Of the 4 clubs listed we probably are the most likely destination.  He'll probably end up at Newcastle or somewhere similar.

On 20/12/2020 at 22:24, rooney said:

Absolutely,Ryan is not what he was in that Dept. I thought that for a number of games.

it also has a fair bit to do with djenepo and redmond constantly ignoring his runs and subsequently doing nothing with it and the move ends with the typical sideways pass to romeu.

in comparison the kwp/armstrong trebuchet backpass for the jwp whip into the box sequence works 1000% better than anything the left serves up. you would think with bertrand and redmond having played together for many more years and being such pals off the pitch could come up with something better. weak 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

Are we ?

Maybe in the past we were. But we since brought in Walcott. And we have Tella as well. We're well stocked in the wide area now. But if Redmond were to go, and a squad place was available for Gray, he's a good player.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

He's been frustrating and inconsistent, but he was our player of the season the season before last, I'd hardly call it an unsuccessful transfer.

I didn't say he was an unsuccessful transfer, I said he's been a disappointment. Has failed to perform more often than not and hasn't shown the same level of improvement of others in the squad. 

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Shame on missing out on Maehle, if we do, but not sure on all the names mentioned in the following article.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/12/22/southampton-reportedly-miss-out-on-long-term-target-serie-a-club-agree-9m-deal/

It isn't missing out if Saints are more than happy with Walker-Peters.

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Shame on missing out on Maehle, if we do, but not sure on all the names mentioned in the following article.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/12/22/southampton-reportedly-miss-out-on-long-term-target-serie-a-club-agree-9m-deal/

(Couldn't edit above post, what became of the edit button?)

Not convinced. If we really had a strong interest in him for an extended period, we would have made a move for him much sooner (particularly given the low price tag). KWP is doing a great job anyways

17 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I didn't say he was an unsuccessful transfer, I said he's been a disappointment. Has failed to perform more often than not and hasn't shown the same level of improvement of others in the squad. 

Were expectations high when we signed him? He wasn't setting the world alight at Norwich. He turned out to be a first team player which was pretty good

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I expected more and talking to some other fans that was the prevailing opinion from them too. 

Probably due to the fact a lot of our great fans claimed he was Manes replacement and misunderstood Puels comments about Thierry Henry, neither of which were true.

Edited by Turkish

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Probably due to the fact a lot of our great fans claimed he was Manes replacement and misunderstood Puels comments about Thierry Henry, neither of which were true.

I can't speak for others but that's certainly not my opinion. I accept he has clear ability which makes the times he underperforms more frustrating. Personally I think it's a mental issue because on his day he's great but he's probably our most inconsistent player. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I can't speak for others but that's certainly not my opinion. I accept he has clear ability which makes the times he underperforms more frustrating. Personally I think it's a mental issue because on his day he's great but he's probably our most inconsistent player. 

He definitely responds to the crowd, i've seen him become very frustrated when the crowd gets on his back. He's a confidence player and struggles when the crowd get on him.

39 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He definitely responds to the crowd, i've seen him become very frustrated when the crowd gets on his back. He's a confidence player and struggles when the crowd get on him.

I don't think it's just the fans or he would have been amazing during this period of lockdown. There's something else there. 

42 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

If we aspire to be a top 10 club then I don't think Nathan Redmond has a future here. Nice bloke, hearts in the right place and on his day he can look good but the truth his he has been a bit of a disappointment for a season or more now.

Jack Harrison would be a great purchase if we do sell Redmond, might cost a bit now though unfortunately. Hard working, tricks, goes in/out and not afraid to have a pop. Not a big enough name for City when he goes back.

18 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Jack Harrison would be a great purchase if we do sell Redmond, might cost a bit now though unfortunately. Hard working, tricks, goes in/out and not afraid to have a pop. Not a big enough name for City when he goes back.

Jack Harrison would be a decent replacement for Redmond, and left-footed which we do not have in that type of position. I would think he would cost upwards of 25m; is that where we'd want to spend that sort of money? I'm not sure. It would though annoy all my Leeds supporting mates who rate him highly. 

34 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Leeds fans say he's a highlights player; that he's only actually had about two good games all season. They're almost as frustrated with him as we are with Redmond.

It's true that he'll never play for City, though.