Saints take over

Chris cooper

13 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Rumours they will get 100m of own money from investor pumped into club.unreliable source I’m afraid (news now)

Newsnow is not a 'source', it is a news aggregator website and links to many different websites independent from it.

Can you link to the article you are talking about, as I can't see any mention of £100m here...?

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Burnley

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

All he did is ask questions none of us know the answer to. No earlobes or petting zoos involved.

I read it on here yesterday about the 100m purse and they stated information was from news now .. just a discussion to see if anyone heard the same .? Didn’t realise the insecurity on here lol 😂 

5 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

I read it on here yesterday about the 100m purse and they stated information was from news now .. just a discussion to see if anyone heard the same .? Didn’t realise the insecurity on here lol 😂 

Not insecurity, I just wanted to read the article and asked for a direct link to it as I can't find it. 

I don't think anyone will be spending upwards of £100m in a transfer market for a very long time (outside of your usual suspects).

I imagine any investment Burnley get will be club-wide, not on a few luxury additions to the playing squad.

We are absolutely desperate for investment, but I don't see that happening now for a long, long time. No one is going to spend £200m + on Southampton during a pandemic.

Unfortunately we are stuck with the invisible Gao. Let's just hope we can continue to enjoy Ralph and he keeps performing miracles with this threadbare squad.

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

🙄

All I did was ask him for a link for where the £100m story was from. That is not even remotely unreasonable!

Play the post not the poster!

It’s impossible not to play the poster when the poster is you.

The 🙄emoji is how 99% of this forum think when we see you’ve written something before we even get to seeing how rude, pedantic and/or obnoxious you’ve been this time.

This state of affairs your fault, not ours, so why take issue with it?

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Chewy said:

It’s impossible not to play the poster when the poster is you.

The 🙄emoji is how 99% of this forum think when we see you’ve written something before we even get to seeing how rude, pedantic and/or obnoxious you’ve been this time.

This state of affairs your fault, not ours, so why take issue with it?

Tbf a good 80% of this forum is people being obnoxious and rude... to my knowledge though (and happy to be corrected) I’ve never seen mlg be abusive to anyone, yet he seems to have to put up with a huge amount of abuse on here. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 02/01/2021 at 10:49, Chris cooper said:

Now Burnley have been successfully taken over and have been promised 100m to spend this month.. why are saints no closer to a take over by American businessman Joseph degrosa..? Is gao wanting to sell or finally invest in saints ?

From what I have read, mostly on here, Degrossa would be a worse option than Gao who at least does not interfere with the running of the club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St_Tel49 said:

From what I have read, mostly on here, Degrossa would be a worse option than Gao who at least does not interfere with the running of the club

Yes he is a risk..happy with gaos stability of our club .. just wish he would reward Ralph with a purse for the incredible work he has achieved in a short space of time .. but think 🤔 he has no interest in football .. development is his interest 

On 02/01/2021 at 11:52, sad saints fan said:

I personally don't want someone coming in and spending vast sums of money on the club. I like the idea of self funding and I think with the right manager (Ralph) we can carry on as we are slowly improving ,possibly reaching a European place or a good cup run somewhen in the future. 

Fuck europe,i would like to see us win more domestic cups more often,other than 1976. Give us another F.A cup please so we can at least equal  Portshites record.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Barsiem said:

Tbf a good 80% of this forum is people being obnoxious and rude... to my knowledge though (and happy to be corrected) I’ve never seen mlg be abusive to anyone, yet he seems to have to put up with a huge amount of abuse on here. 

Most of those that abuse him, most likely have been proven wrong by his fact checking, and don't like it. Too many on here, give their opinion as 'fact', and get all pissy when taken to task on it!...................INCOMINGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Edited by Gingeletiss
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm if you read the thread about the Academy being a dead duck - and in particular the linked article from the Daily Mail with the new owner of Burnley. He says himself that he doesn't have pockets full of money, so that reported £100m shopping purse is pie in the sky. To make Burnley better than it is he pretty much says that ultimately (like DeGrossa would have to do here if he got in) he would have to pretty much get a mortgage against the club to fund them upwards.

These guys obviously look at the Glaziers and their purchase of Man United, when they took over, they instantly mortgaged the club to finance the purchase, Man U were worth about £790m at the time, richest club in the world. If you read about it you wonder how anyone involved slept at night the numbers even now are mind boggling. The overriding fact is Manchester United are a very saleable "commodity". To re finance the debt of c£720m the Man U announced a bond issue which raised just over £500m in under 2 weeks!................can anyone see Saints or Burnley having the clout to pull off a money spinning stunt like that..........also if you read the Mail article a whole heap of money to buy Burnley has been borrowed from the chap who founded Dell computers. 

Would have been interesting to see where would have been if Markus had still been around.................minus a sports betting shirt sponsor for starters.

47 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Personally Gao has put a good management team at the top of the club who try and be transparent. Perhaps in time this will help us develop and grow. If we get some other new person owner they might rip this up.

We won’t develop abd grow with no investment.

If the situation stays the same, Ralph will grow frustrated and bugger off 

51 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

We won’t develop abd grow with no investment.

If the situation stays the same, Ralph will grow frustrated and bugger off 

Does it really matter that much about investment? Chelsea spent £200m, already had a squad worth xxx million and are miles off the pace. 

£100m into Burnley wouldn't change their position much? Bournemouth seemed a better TEAM before they bought in the superstars for loads of money who then got them relegated and the manager sacked.

To challenge the top clubs you'd need probably a billion invested over a number of years.

Perhaps a stable owner, a well run club and a bit of luck are better than a "bit" of investment?

21 minutes ago, Saintletiss said:

Not directly Saints related, new Burnley chairman speaking to the local press “Long term we want to be Britain’s favourite underdog.”

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/alan-paces-vision-burnley-football-club-new-chairman-speaks-variety-topics-3087298

They will have to do something to appeal to the general public then.  Their current hoofball tactics certainly won't get them 'favourite underdog' status.  I guess Jordan North shouting "Happy place, Turf Moor" while surrounded by snakes will help a bit in the short term.

On 04/01/2021 at 17:37, Pedantic Pete said:

Does it really matter that much about investment? Chelsea spent £200m, already had a squad worth xxx million and are miles off the pace. 

£100m into Burnley wouldn't change their position much? Bournemouth seemed a better TEAM before they bought in the superstars for loads of money who then got them relegated and the manager sacked.

To challenge the top clubs you'd need probably a billion invested over a number of years.

Perhaps a stable owner, a well run club and a bit of luck are better than a "bit" of investment?

And Man Utd have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions and have the highest wage budget in the league and are only really challenging because everyone is as inconsistent as them (and they still got knocked out of the champs league and will likely fall away in the league) so yes just splashing the cash is no guarantee.

Though it also has be stated that coming straight into the league from another country and performing in your first season, especially with a curtailed pre-season doesn't happen that often with most foreign signings. Chelsea signed some good young players who will i think likely provide good value for money and improve their team.

Investment would be good, but it has to be used wisely. It would just be nice for us to say go out and spend £40 million like say Leicester did on Tielemans if we really wanted to because we were very sure such a player would improve our team, rather than always be in the £15 - 20 million, gamble section of the store. 

Just kind of think it would be nice to have a little more just in case we find like the next Haaland or Mane or something in Europe but have already spent our 2 x £15 million allotted signings for the year. 

6 minutes ago, Alanh said:

They will have to do something to appeal to the general public then.  Their current hoofball tactics certainly won't get them 'favourite underdog' status.  I guess Jordan North shouting "Happy place, Turf Moor" while surrounded by snakes will help a bit in the short term.

Favourite underdo status is probably us or Leeds.

Nice to read all the youtube comments about us from other fans saying we are underrated etc. etc. 

Also have to say Burnley often get praised for not having loads of foreign players, but a good proportion of our first team - Ings, Adams, Redmond, Armstrong, JWP, KWP, Bertrand and McCarthy are British. 

Hard for any neutral to criticise us at the moment, we play decent football that is often easy on the eye, work very well as a team, don't have any big ego players, don't splash the cash or have a sugar daddy, have plenty of British players, try to use our academy players etc. 

• Like 2