Nathan Tella

Lighthouse

I'm pleased he's signed. I thought this was the year he'd 'explode' onto the scene, given his pre-season, but he's really struggled to get into the side for some reason.

He does lack consistency and his final action is very hit and miss, but his pace and direct running give us more than any of our existing number 10's. Good to have players like him around the place.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Saint86 said:

He's an infectious character for sure, and a good talent on the pitch. He's got a lot of ability when carrying the ball and driving at defenders. Could see him developing into a zaha sort of player.

Lovely lad. I'd rather him be the new Sterling ... and.. and... when he is scoring for fun and his contract is up for renewal we don't have to sell him and he wants to stay a Saint.

On 07/01/2022 at 14:45, Charlie Wayman said:

Lovely lad. I'd rather him be the new Sterling ... and.. and... when he is scoring for fun and his contract is up for renewal we don't have to sell him and he wants to stay a Saint.

Amazing! Fans on this Forum actually like a Saints player. 

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

Tella's goals here. I still really rate him and think he's going to be a cracking player. Hopefully for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFwDmQ5UnU4

He's good coming from the left and cutting in, probably where he was most threatening for us. I don't think he's a striker as we tended to play him as.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

He's good coming from the left and cutting in, probably where he was most threatening for us. I don't think he's a striker as we tended to play him as.

Yup. Perfect position for him is left wing in a 433, but he either plays as an inside AM (requires defensive work) or striker for us. Hopefully he can really crack on this season for Burnley and come back to us pushing for a position on the first team, or does well enough that we can sell him for a decent fee. 

• Like 1

Good luck to him. The step down in division will help, as will not playing as a lone striker, as has been said he’s being deployed on the front left of a 4-3-3 with Burnley and looks like it’s paying off. The thing, had he stayed, would have he been pushing Adam Armstrong for that wide role with us? Tella looked bad in pre season but because he was being played up top on his own, and that’s not his game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

Yeah, I've watched a few youtube highlights and even visited a Burnley forum, both have plenty of comments along the lines of 'do we have a buy option?'  and 'get him signed' 

We should do a get him sold with a decent sell on fee. Wont be a good PL player.

• Like 1