Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread

Minsk

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Ings did his best Zaha impression. Ref not conned...

Didn't appeal or even look to the ref, I think he slipped - even more so after he did again just there. We need to take this rain into account when deciding whether to take a man on or not.

• Like 1

Just now, whelk said:

Redmond stands out as the most pathetic. No fucking effort

He’s just not a good enough player and we don’t have the luxury of carrying players like him. Then he gets an assist for the first time in forever and all of a sudden he’s great and anyone who says otherwise is racist and has an agenda. 

I want to like him but he’s just so utterly frustrating to watch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

He’s just not a good enough player and we don’t have the luxury of carrying players like him. Then he gets an assist for the first time in forever and all of a sudden he’s great and anyone who says otherwise is racist and has an agenda. 

I want to like him but he’s just so utterly frustrating to watch.

Hes a poor man's sone aluko

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Fulham are adapting to the heavier rain better than us.

I think every other team in the PL handle rain better than us.

I don’t know if it is because we’re just soft Southerners ;) (or it doesn’t rain much on days we train perhaps) but I can’t remember the last time we won in the rain.

The 3-2 defeat at Newcastle, that Leicester game last season, and I’m sure there are many other games that I can’t think of off the top of my head

I don't know why some people downplay JWP assists from set pieces. I get removing goals from penalties when looking at goal tallies. But to have so many assists and goals from set pieces is a real weapon for us. Even our goal against palace was a set piece move, even if jwp didn't get the assist. 

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

We did a McGoal.

He is shit anyway - he will never get 20 goals in a season 😉

He’s best when Ings is there and he’s not “the man”. When Ings is out, he doesn’t seem to be able to handle the pressure of being “the man”. 

• Like 1

Just now, sydney_saint said:

I don't know why some people downplay JWP assists from set pieces. I get removing goals from penalties when looking at goal tallies. But to have so many assists and goals from set pieces is a real weapon for us. Even our goal against palace was a set piece move, even if jwp didn't get the assist. 

Yep, we need to get back to the aadkind days of coming up with really clever routines. 

Minamino poor there, should have hit it first time.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic