Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread

Minsk

Good anticipation by Adams, and good contact. Homing in on double figures.

Minamino wasting some good situations, including just now when Danny set him up. Clearly technical ability there, saw that v Chelsea and Newcastle, and Klopp/Ralph can see it in training, but this league half a yard too fast for him. And this isn’t the quickest of PL games either.

Mind you, better there. Too close in for JWP to get ball up and over wall? 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Yep. If he can get into double figures you have to say that's a good effort from our strikers this season.

Yep, think 10 goals would be a good return from him, he has improved since last season, still has ability to get better next season also.

• Like 1

I hope we're rotating McCarthy and Forster in order to drum up interest in one of them and McCarthy attracts someone. If it's a choice between them two I would prefer Forster as first choice next season, no messing about chopping and changing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I hope we're rotating McCarthy and Forster in order to drum up interest in one of them and McCarthy attracts someone. If it's a choice between them two I would prefer Forster as first choice next season, no messing about chopping and changing.

I'm the opposite i prefer Mccarthy as first choice

• Like 2

Playing like it's a training session. Fortunately Fulham are dire but if we don't step up a few gears we might chuck away points here. You cannot play in such a half-hearted manner and expect to be handed victory on a plate. Minamino and Redmond have both been very poor.

24 minutes ago, nta786 said:

I think every other team in the PL handle rain better than us.

I don’t know if it is because we’re just soft Southerners ;) (or it doesn’t rain much on days we train perhaps) but I can’t remember the last time we won in the rain.

The 3-2 defeat at Newcastle, that Leicester game last season, and I’m sure there are many other games that I can’t think of off the top of my head

I thought Minamino was having quite a good game but apparently he's not.  I don't know why I bother reading this forum sometimes. Redmond is crap, Minamino is crap, Stephens is crap, McCarthy is crap, Adams isn't a Premier League striker. It's  fortunate Bednarek's not playing or he'd be crap as well

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, itchen said:

I thought Minamino was having quite a good game but apparently he's not.  I don't know why I bother reading this forum sometimes. Redmond is crap, Minamino is crap, Stephens is crap, McCarthy is crap, Adams isn't a Premier League striker. It's  fortunate Bednarek's not playing or he'd be crap as well

Stephens is having a decent game 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Remains to be seen if he'll make his one big cock up that he usually makes per game. 

2 minutes ago, itchen said:

Cheer up, only Redmond of that lot is crap. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Fuck I love Armstrong. Like fucking Braveheart there charging at the enemy!

I love Redmond, like Hammy Hamster Heart out there, tirelessly going nowhere in his little hamster wheel  🐹 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Southampton have been in the top flight for 44 of the last 55 years, but co-commentator Ethan Ekoku thinks they "have done well for a club of their size to be in the top league for the last 10 years". 🙄

You should sit down and write a strongly worded tweet.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Southampton have been in the top flight for 44 of the last 55 years, but co-commentator Ethan Ekoku thinks they "have done well for a club of their size to be in the top league for the last 10 years". 🙄

Who?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

And he's absolutely correct.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Che Adams is going to become a true Saints legend. He's got all the talent. And strength. Just needs to keep building confidence. Today will help.

Hmmmmm. I think Che Adams has all the talent to prove himself to be a decent player. Saints legend I'm not so sure about.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic