Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread

Minsk

8 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Stephens was the one who didn't stay goal side when marking his man, who then went on to score. Watch it again and keep your eye on Stephens and carvalho, ignore the ball.

Remind me who plays on the left side of our cbs (in a zonal system)? Wasn't Stephens man in the first place - not saying he was faultless, but vest deserves more of the blame.

Just now, StrangelyBrown said:

Remind me who plays on the left side of our cbs (in a zonal system)? Wasn't Stephens man in the first place - not saying he was faultless, but vest deserves more of the blame.

When the opponent's attackers move over the defence have to go with them. Vestergaard marked his man and he didn't score. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Seriously? He’s a defensive midfielder who’s been on the pitch 9 minutes.

Armstrong was a defensive midfielder in this game too, he covered the exposed right back position regularly which Diallo completely failed to do there in Fulham's last attack.

Ethan tells a story about talking to an unnamed chairman of a similar sized club to saints who said that we're the "yardstick" for how they want to develop themselves. 

My immediate thought was surely Leicester should be but their progress I guess is skewed by the premier league win.

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Now there's a headline written already!

There's so much potential there for headlines, and much else!

Tella-vision, Tella-graph, Tella-phone, Tella-scope, Tella-kinesis, Tella-portation..

And Tella-vangelists for us worshipping fans ;)

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Ethan tells a story about talking to an unnamed chairman of a similar sized club to saints who said that we're the "yardstick" for how they want to develop themselves. 

My immediate thought was surely Leicester should be but their progress I guess is skewed by the premier league win.

Plus some weighty investment. Saints are a good model but need a bit more investment.

• Like 1

Just now, VictiAbNonem said:

There's so much potential there for headlines, and much else!

Tella-vision, Tella-graph, Tella-phone, Tella-scope, Tella-kinesis, Tella-portation..

And Tella-vangelists for us worshipping fans ;)

Gets a new contract. “Fortune Tella!”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macca155 said:

Plus some weighty investment. Saints are a good model but need a bit more investment.

I'm not sure they've had more investment than us, but the money they received from Maguire was spent much more wisely than the money we received from Van Dijk.

• Like 1