Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread

Minsk

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

Really don't see the point in us continually playing Minamino over the likes of our own youngsters. 

Glad Salisu starting, would like to see Obafemi get some decent minutes 

Because we pay less for him the more he plays - we are obviously so short of cash that we are trying to save every penny. Possibly also why some of the fringe players are not being tried out. Don't agree with it mind

4 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Really don't see the point in us continually playing Minamino over the likes of our own youngsters. 

Glad Salisu starting, would like to see Obafemi get some decent minutes 

I heard somewhere we make money off Minimino starting. Can't remember where though.

I guess another explanation could be we are on the verge of a cheap offer for him if we see enough potential that we can train him out of his more rubbish tendencies and need to check him out. Personally I think any more than £5m would be a poor choice.

Edited by TWar

No complaints from me apart from Minamino starting - we must be getting paid extra for every minute he plays!

Although, if he scores and helps us get to 13th (or even 12th), then all that extra prize money will be worth it too.

I am feeling positive but I still don't think we have a clean sheet within us.

3-1 Saints :) 

Also, what do we reckon that formation will be? Is it as simple as Stephens/Salisu at lb or are we trying some sort of 352 like we did at the end of last game?

Edited by TWar

Just now, Red said:

Because we pay less for him the more he plays - we are obviously so short of cash that we are trying to save every penny. Possibly also why some of the fringe players are not being tried out. Don't agree with it mind

Think your find it’s more to do with Ralph needing to decide whether to keep him for next season on LOAN 

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Also, what do we reckon that formation will be? Is it as simple as Stephens/Salisu at lb or are we trying some sort of 352 like we did at the end of last game?

343 with Redmond and Walker-Peters as wing back when in possession, 4222 when not in possession. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints Vs Fulham - Match Thread
Just now, Pamplemousse said:

Don't get the Minamino hatred, he really isn't as bad as people make out.

Agree with McCarthy starting. He's the better keeper IMO.

Got to have an anger target but if he scores it will switch to Redmond 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

the minute liverpool give us a telling off we go scurrying off and play him every game

Odd that someone would believe something like this. I can only assume we're making a serious consideration to sign him permanently and want to see more of him. That or Ralph simply rates him above anyone else on the bench.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Lol, when did we get told off

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

That article contains the quote from Hasenhuttl... "they were absolutely not unhappy". So where in the article is the telling off?

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Got to have an anger target but if he scores it will switch to Redmond 

That’s Pony - what if Redmond gets the assist to Minamino 🤷‍♂️ 

Jan is gone. Must be Jack’s turn today.

Although one dick head on here tried to claim Nate didnt get an assist - just a hopeful lump into the box 🤔

Edited by Billy the Kidd
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

No telling off in that just mentions a discussion, the closest it comes to a " telling" of is where Klopp is supposed to have said it would be better if he had more game time, well obviously mr klopp

13 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

More likely to be the reverse. We pay Liverpool extra in fees if he doesn't play.

Probably means we won’t be looked at favourably for borrowing any more of their players in future.......

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

No telling off in that just mentions a discussion, the closest it comes to a " telling" of is where Klopp is supposed to have said it would be better if he had more game time, well obviously mr klopp

However you want to characterise the nature of the discussions. They wanted him to play more, we instantly obliged and continue to do so despite him playing garbage, rather  than give opportunities to our own players.

However you want to characterise the nature of the discussions. They wanted him to play more, we instantly obliged and continue to do so despite him playing garbage, rather  than give opportunities to our own players.

But you are characterising the discussions yourself because you haven't got the faintest idea what was said, or what Ralph thinks.

Because you just want to fucking moan.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Yep, but they love a conspiracy theory on here

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/03/report-liverpool-have-installed-a-beneficial-clause-in-takumi-minaminos-loan-deal/

Maybe and then some people only have one view - theirs, right or wrong. Last I heard this was a forum for sharing opinions - no?

Anyway, what is so unusual or wrong with inserting a play clause if you can do so and afford it? Clearly Liverpool can afford it, and the more incentive they can provide us to play him the better - what is conspiratorial about that? Just good sense  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I read what it said and understand it, you however want it to mean something different, just not sure why?

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

I read what it said and understand it, you however want it to mean something different, just not sure why?

I think my take on it is perfectly reasonable (his complete change in gametime after they talked to us about his lack of game time)

I dislike it because it means playing someone useless who isn't our player over giving game time to our players.

Just now, Baird of the land said:

I think my take on it is perfectly reasonable (his complete change in gametime after they talked to us about his lack of game time)

I dislike it because it means playing someone useless who isn't our player over giving game time to our players.

Ok then 🙄

Your take on it is based on the assumption that Ralph shares your view that TM is useless, which clearly isn’t the case. He’s not great but I’d rather start him than Walcott.

• Like 1

So if there is a clause about paying less the more he plays, it would have been in the contract when we signed him on loan.

We didnt just forget about it, when Liverpool supposedly said something.

I just think sometimes we want to find an excuse to sit with what we think - in this case you dont like him playing over some of our players, which I understand.

Maybe Ralph is looking at him with a view to next year - that seems plausible.

Also, who would you play in his role? Tells? He has done ok, but not much better than ok atm, which is fine as he has broken through, due to injuries, and taken a big forward step. He still needs to improve.

I also dont think Minamino has been as bad as a small minority on here sometime make out.

Still find it odd that Ralph isn’t using the remaining games to give tella more prem experience.. he’s shown good promise and it makes more sense to use these games to help devolop him then it does to start minamino who isn’t ours or Redmond who isn’t even much better then tella is now :)

• Like 1

Just now, Billy the Kidd said:

So if there is a clause about paying less the more he plays, it would have been in the contract when we signed him on loan.

We didnt just forget about it, when Liverpool supposedly said something.

I just think sometimes we want to find an excuse to sit with what we think - in this case you dont like him playing over some of our players, which I understand.

Maybe Ralph is looking at him with a view to next year - that seems plausible.

Also, who would you play in his role? Tells? He has done ok, but not much better than ok atm, which is fine as he has broken through, due to injuries, and taken a big forward step. He still needs to improve.

I also dont think Minamino has been as bad as a small minority on here sometime make out.

Well, I don't want us blowing our money on the useless Minamino so i hope he isn't looking at him with a view to next season

As to who should play, most definitely Tella, who's been much brighter and could do with more minutes.

I wouldn't even be opposed to moving redmond across and giving Djenepo the opportunity.

Well, I don't want us blowing our money on the useless Minamino so i hope he isn't looking at him with a view to next season

As to who should play, most definitely Tella, who's been much brighter and could do with more minutes.

I wouldn't even be opposed to moving redmond across and giving Djenepo the opportunity.

I think Mini is better than he has shown for us, if he was cheap I could see us being interested.

Tella, maybe - he is likely to get better and better, and needs games to do that.

For me, whilst I dont really bash our players, I’d not be unhappy seeing Nathan or Moussa ever play for us again.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Fulham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic