Other Games 21/22

whelk

From the minute by minute reports I'm reading I'm glad I didn't go down the pub to watch this.

"Raheem Sterling shows his pace to sneak in behind and earning a corner, but Reece James cannot get his delivery past the first man.

Unforgivable that, a subbing offence."

Perhaps JWP isn't so bad after all..

26 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not really sure Bowen is international quality to be honest, seems to lack something at the highest level to me.

Half decent Premier League player. Nowhere near good enough at international level if you want to be winning tournaments.

Just now, The Cat said:

Half decent Premier League player. Nowhere near good enough at international level if you want to be winning tournaments.

Same as Gallagher imo.

I think Mount looks better at Chelsea because he's surrounded by better players.

We do have some decent players, but Southgate seems to be tinkering a bit at the moment and funnily enough JWP still can't get much time.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Saka is not all that for England either

Might just be me, but I've never known what the fuss is all about regarding him. I've never been blown away by his showings for Arsenal. Smith-Rowe always looks the more impressive.

7 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Remember when people on here we're saying that Kalvin Phillips was good when he got picked ahead of Ward Prowse for the Euros?

Decent at the Euro's, his call up at the time caused a bit of confusion though.

I think this season has been an absolute disaster for him though, from start to finish. Injuries, injuries, injuries and then part of a pretty crappy Leeds side to top it all off. I know he's being linked with big moves this summer, but in my opinion he needs to get back fit and get playing (well) for Leeds again.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Same as Gallagher imo.

I think Mount looks better at Chelsea because he's surrounded by better players.

We do have some decent players, but Southgate seems to be tinkering a bit at the moment and funnily enough JWP still can't get much time.

Gallagher still quite young and hasn't had a great deal of top flight football experience so time there to develop.

Mount is a bit hot and cold I think. Pundits blather on about him for Chelsea, but as you say, surrounded by better players whose quality and movement gives him more time and space.

Where's Foden? I haven't watched all of these games but haven't seen him. 

3-0, hahaha 😂😂

Phillips' errors involved  in both their goals. But they've been clinical with the few chances they've had. England, partly due to Hungary sitting a little deeper, pass across and back, across and back which has suited Hungary perfectly. England haven't had any joy in dribbling past opponents either. They've had no outlets to build through the middle. So a switch to a back 3"with Sterling coming on was a decent option, but they've not been good enough in the final third to make much from it. Could get relegated if they lose to Italy, into the EuroDisney Cartoon Conference or something.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Stones sent off!

Well, I am sure we will have a good world cup, educating everyone on the suffering taken place to host it!

We took the knee before hand Hungary didn’t so we are the real winners here 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

He was very good in the Euros.

I dunno. Was alright when a lot of others weren't that good so he stood out as being less crap, especially in group games. England had pretty easy matches.

Weird red card that. Bloke just ran into Stones.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

What chance Southgate not being in charge for Qatar ?

Too late to change now.  But it is looking extremely likely that this the end for Southgate (world cup).  Great for a while, but all comes at an end.

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Well, I am sure we will have a good world cup, educating everyone on the suffering taken place to host it!

I don't think they'll be educating you, as you obviously don't care anyway. The only person who has liked your post so far is exactly who you'd expect it to be..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

I don't think they'll be educating you, as you obviously don't care anyway. The only person who has liked your post so far is exactly who you'd expect it to be..

Oh get over yourself you self righteous twat

• Haha 1