Other Games 21/22

whelk

1 minute ago, trousers said:

He was on the field for 857 minutes during  those 32 games, so an average of c.26 minutes per game; roughly a quarter of each game. That's equivalent to 9.5 full games. In other words, give him more minutes on the pitch in the premier League and he *might* score more goals per game... 

Good stats and, intriguingly, 9.5 games x 4 = 38 games ie an entire  Premier League season. He scored 4 goals in 9.5 games for us so on that basis he scores 16 goals in a full 38 game Premier League season if allowed to play all 90 minutes of every game. 16 goals this season would put him level with Sadio Mane as joint 5th top goalscorer in this years Prem just the one goal behind Harry Kane in 4th.  And we sold him to Swansea for a cupla mil........:mcinnes:

5 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Good stats and, intriguingly, 9.5 games x 4 = 38 games ie an entire  Premier League season. He scored 4 goals in 9.5 games for us so on that basis he scores 16 goals in a full 38 game Premier League season if allowed to play all 90 minutes of every game. 16 goals this season would put him level with Sadio Mane as joint 5th top goalscorer in this years Prem just the one goal behind Harry Kane in 4th.  And we sold him to Swansea for a cupla mil........:mcinnes:

This is Guido Carillo scale goal statistic manipulation.

If he is the second coming of Mane as you are suggesting then I am sure Spurs or Arsenal will be in for him any day now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This is Guido Carillo scale goal statistic manipulation.

If he is the second coming of Mane as you are suggesting then I am sure Spurs or Arsenal will be in for him any day now.

Believe me Fry I’m suggesting nothing of the sort. I thought you ‘got’ irony obvs not nightynight 😀

17 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Believe me Fry I’m suggesting nothing of the sort. I thought you ‘got’ irony obvs not nightynight 😀

But I've just put seventy-five quid on him winning the Ballon D'Or next season. FFS.

7 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Gonna repeat, especially for the bigger sides, nation league in the summer after a long season is a giant waste of time. Glorified friendlies that players can't be bothered for and can't really blame them. 

Yeah I agree. When they replace the international break friendlies it's a good idea, but this is just insane....these players basically haven't had a break since the pandemic lock down. 

9 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Think I’d be inclined to take a mega money offer for JWP based on that performance. Compared to Declan Rice he was way away from the level of quality. Didn’t play bad, but if someone is offering silly money it may be worth taking it. It would mean putting immense faith in the scouting and recruitment team though.

Would you offer mega money for JWP after a showing like that?  Nobody will be offering mega money for Che Adams either after his woeful performance for Scotland last night. Absolutely dire. All looking good for next season. 😪

11 hours ago, trousers said:

Southgate picking out JWP for praise in his post match interview 

That was a bit weird especially when he said that JWP dictated the game. As the game was boring, slow and without excitement was Southgate in effect blaming JWP for that and the total lack of enterprise? At this level, JWP looks pedestrian and in my view inhibits the free flowing spontaneous football that we have seen on occasion from England over the last few years.

Southagte's praise means little to us.  The game was dire, the last few games have been dire. 

I note that the performances are being dismissed as end-of-season affairs.  In part, that is true, but isn't that the case for the other top teams?

Anyway, I genuinely believe we are on the way down with Southgate and the world cup will be his last.  He has been great, but everything comes to an end.

Anyway, Southgate is a bit of a wet lettuce, who probably sits down to piss

24 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

That was a bit weird especially when he said that JWP dictated the game. As the game was boring, slow and without excitement was Southgate in effect blaming JWP for that and the total lack of enterprise? At this level, JWP looks pedestrian and in my view inhibits the free flowing spontaneous football that we have seen on occasion from England over the last few years.

Dont forget when we were having a semi decent run this past season many people commented that the midfield flowed better and moved the ball on quicker while JWP was out injured so the pedestrian feel isnt new. 

• Like 1

Jurgen Klopp and Virgil van Dijk both played a crucial role in persuading Darwin Nunez to join Liverpool. Nunez has settled on a move to Merseyside after talking with the Liverpool contingent in a Champions League game last year.

Doesn't that class as tapping up? It's Liverpool though, so we shouldn't be surprised. Nations favourite and all that, achieving success the right way and not spending silly money at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Doesn't that class as tapping up? It's Liverpool though, so we shouldn't be surprised. Nations favourite and all that, achieving success the right way and not spending silly money at all.

Weird that they are spending such money (again) on a player

https://www.90min.com/posts/3720824-liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-says-he-will-never-spend-80m-on-a-player

However, I am sure they can spin it that he is literally on a free, when they account for the sale of Suraz, Coutinho and Sterling etc

17 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Weird that they are spending such money (again) on a player

https://www.90min.com/posts/3720824-liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-says-he-will-never-spend-80m-on-a-player

However, I am sure they can spin it that he is literally on a free, when they account for the sale of Suraz, Coutinho and Sterling etc

It is honestly hilarious watching their fans criticise Man City for their spending, whilst their own team is literally breaking transfer records right, left and centre. That's £130 million plus on Luis Diaz and Nunez now in less than 6 months. 

22 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

It is honestly hilarious watching their fans criticise Man City for their spending, whilst their own team is literally breaking transfer records right, left and centre. That's £130 million plus on Luis Diaz and Nunez now in less than 6 months. 

No, they've done it the right way! How Klopp has built this team on beans is beyond me, it's just transfer genius all of it.

They don't tap players up, they don't pay over the odds, they don't dish out big contracts. No, no, not at all. Their success is not down to spending money, not at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

No, they've done it the right way! How Klopp has built this team on beans is beyond me, it's just transfer genius all of it.

They don't tap players up, they don't pay over the odds, they don't dish out big contracts. No, no, not at all. Their success is not down to spending money, not at all.

Just read this quote on the BBC for example..think their wage bill is about 140m on estimation per year! Ours is about 38m.

image.png.a3d877ac1163547183581b11946a23f9.png

Edited by skintsaint

20 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Just read this quote on the BBC for example..think their wage bill is about 140m on estimation per year! Ours is about 38m.

Is that a post from today...or an old one? If that's from today that's hilarious.

I assume state backed is referring to City. Well, Nunez is costing them significantly more in a transfer fee than Haaland cost City (not taking into account wages obviously)

Edited by S-Clarke

20 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

It's just sickening isn't it. I saw another guy on the comments this morning moaning about City and Haaland. He basically ws saying if it wasn't for the Scousers, there would be no competition in the PL and he really couldn't understand why fans of all the other clubs weren't fully behind Liverpool. They really are a special lot

25 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Looks like Derby have had their Pinnacle moment...

For their sake you hope they've got a Liebherr waiting on the side lines ready to bid...otherwise it's probably curtains.

It’s not, it’s Mike Ashley

4 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Is that a post from today...or an old one? If that's from today that's hilarious.

I assume state backed is referring to City. Well, Nunez is costing them significantly more in a transfer fee than Haaland cost City (not taking into account wages obviously)

I think it was the Price of Football this week(I think, I was half asleep at the time) that came out with Pep having a 100-110m a year net spend and Plucky Waif Klopp having one of about £28m per year (thanks to canny transfer business that state owned clubs, thanks to their funding models, don't have to bother about.) So for Klopp to be getting close to City is nothing short of a miracle, I guess it was about to say, but I fell asleep.

It's quite ridiculous that the premier league season finished a month ago and we still have these pointless international matches going on. With the new season kicking off in 7 weeks most players will be back in training a couple of weeks time meaning they've got a very short break. I dont like to hear players moaning they play too many games but on this occasion they have a point. 

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's quite ridiculous that the premier league season finished a month ago and we still have these pointless international matches going on. With the new season kicking off in 7 weeks most players will be back in training a couple of weeks time meaning they've got a very short break. I dont like to hear players moaning they play too many games but on this occasion they have a point. 

Luckily bar a few, we haven't been affected that much by these yawn fest matches. No doubt come the start of October we will look like we have already played 40 games already

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Luckily bar a few, we haven't been affected that much by these yawn fest matches. No doubt come the start of October we will look like we have already played 40 games already

maybe part of the southampton way strategy was to deliberatly play shite once safety was assured so players can avoided international call ups and got a long break to be refreshed for the fight for 13th next season. 

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s the winter World Cup that’s fucked up the cycle. 2 of these nations league games would have been played November time. 

Basically, blame Fifa. 

18 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Looks like Derby have had their Pinnacle moment...

For their sake you hope they've got a Liebherr waiting on the side lines ready to bid...otherwise it's probably curtains.

Could tell that guy was a chancer the day I saw his Twitter profile - the guys who chat the most normally never pull through 

7 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

Absolutely and I'm going to post  sarcastic comments about it, every day for the rest of my life. I think I might start them all with the words Jesus wept.

Any news on Jose Fonte?

17 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Any news on Paul Mitchell?

If you are going to continue your obsession with me, you'll have to do better than that, I'm afraid. You are just becoming dull and boring now. Maybe you should go on a sarcasm retraining course. 

Edited by Nordic Saint

2 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

If you are going to continue your obsession with me, you'rii have to do better than that, I'm afraid. You are just becoming dull and boring now. Maybe you should go on a sarcasm retraining course.

You keep replying to me sweetheart x x x