Wolves 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

waylander

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Commentators saying it basically HAD to be a penalty, but it's just so unclear whether or not her got a touch of the ball I have no idea how they come to that conclusion. 

Looked to me like he got the faintest of touches.

Agreed. Not sure what the commentators are on about. It's not an obvious decision.

8 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

If VAR needs that many plays and angles then it isn't enough to overturn.  We got utterly shafted by that rule last year. 

Indeed. VAR isn't there to decide if it was a penalty or not. It's there to decide if the referee made a clear and obvious error. If it takes more than a few seconds to work out then, by definition, its not clear nor obvious. Anyway, better shut up before we have Lord D breathing down our necks with his "bias pony" routine

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Indeed. VAR isn't there to decide if it was a penalty or not. It's there to decide if the referee made a clear and obvious error. If it takes more than a few seconds to work out then, by definition, its not clear nor obvious. Anyway, better shut up before we have Lord D breathing down our necks with is "bias pony" routine

In his day he'd have chinned the ref and on his walk off winked at the copper bird pitch side, shagging her in the changing room before his early bath. He'd then kick the slapper out and get stuck in to the pints.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

Has Tella even started 10 games for us yet. Playing at RWB and people are writing him off as not good enough for the Prem. But then I've come to expect that idiocy here.

people? Person.

• Like 1

Two big saves by Sa on Salisu. We could be at least level. 

The penalty was annoying in many ways. 

1) Tella had the ball but gave it straight to them

2) VAR desperate to get it awarded 

3) Jimenez stopped in his run-up, they never penalize that (or can someone MLG me and tell me that's changed?)

Thought we played pretty well, against a pretty good side (who give little away).  Either team can score here.

Romeu has been good for us and a shout to Lyanco and Perraud

Tella needs to come off IMO.  He is not effective in this position against a good team like this

3 minutes ago, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

Has Tella even started 10 games for us yet. Playing at RWB and people are writing him off as not good enough for the Prem. But then I've come to expect that idiocy here.

Think it’s more as case that he’s struggling today and KWP would be the better option. Tella belongs up front.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Wolves 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic