Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

On 15/04/2022 at 09:42, HarvSFC said:

Yep, although still raw definitely one for the future. Think he will need a season of bedding in up here, rather than being an instant star. Reminds me of Jay Rodriguez when he first joined. 

At the moment Stuart Armstrong and Broja are our only ball carriers and there's no guarantee that Broja will be here next season, he probably isn't going to be. Johnson provides that and incredible pace, which again I feel we've been lacking since Mane. Would certainly fill a few gaps in our team. Now, we just need Forest to stay down, poach their attacker... and their manager?

Tellah is fast, the young lad Wilson was at Liverpool, James now at Leeds is fast. Not really a key criteria unless they have the goalscoring knack. Of the 3 named, only James comes anywhere near, but they mostly comes across as willing runners. We've got plenty of those.

We should be all over Lewis O'Brien from Huddersfield. £12m release clause and one of the best midfielders in the Championship. Superb tackler, composed on the ball and a great dribbler. Making Middlesbrough look very, very average right now. 

Edited by Saint_lambden

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

I don't, which is why I asked. Care to answer both of them?

If you can't see an issue with a keeper being dropped for a 32 year old back-up who had previously never played over 8 games in a league campaign since playing in Serie B 6 years ago, then what's the point?

• Like 1

Dragowski is decent although not adverse to the odd cock up. However that won't be a problem for our fans because they seemingly now believe Forster is the reincarnation of Lev Yashin despite flapping at a cross against Leeds 3 games ago and costing us a goal.

Dragowski was injured for ages this season, came back, got himself sent off and has barely played since. I don't know why that is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

He's good on FM but it's a bit worrying that he doesn't play for Fiorentina.

A GK, CB, Winger and ST needed. I'd like another option for Romeu too but it doesn't seem likely we'll have the wiggle room.

It does look like he was injured until the start of this year and he’s lost his place in the meantime.

I think I’d be happy to sign him, potential to improve which suits our transfer policy. Not sure we can attract much better with our expected transfer budget (unless our new owners surprise us this summer).

I’m sure we would all prefer to sign a keeper like Henderson but with a £40m asking price being thrown around in the papers this week, that’s not our space.

1 hour ago, DT said:

We seem to be stuck on the page about goalkeepers with Bart in their name

Saints welcome Bart Simpson to the club. While some fans voiced their concerns regarding having a fictional, cartoon character, between the sticks, the club were keen to promote their innovative transfer policy. "We're proud to bring in Bart to further strengthen Fred Flintstone in defence. Our thinking outside both the box, and our reality, will continue to bring value to the club." The club refused to be drawn on rumours of advanced negotiations with Melchester Rovers.

• Like 1

Jasper Cillessen from Valencia could be worth a shout. Went from Ajax to Barcelona but they also had Ter Stegaen so he barely played. Now at Valencia but was out for a while this season and just made it back on to the bench.

32, so not young but maybe we need some experience at the back because the rest of the defence has an average age of about 17.

Doubt he'd cost much.

• Like 1

I don't expect any big signing and they are often a disappointment anyway. If we can pick up two youngsters of the quality of  Lyanco, Livramento or Bojra I will be happy. The recruitment has been excellent recently. I would love to see a confident young goaly controlling the box and inspiring defence and fans. We could head for a Euro place next season

Just now, SNSUN said:

Relegated sides (most likely), Burnley, Watford, Norwich. CBA to do a new thread.

Anyone realistic worth pursuing? Tarkowski on a free? Pope? McNeil? Pukki? Sarr?

Burnley:

• Pope
  • McNeil
  • Cornet

Watford:

• Sarr
  • Dennis

Norwich:

• No one

2 minutes ago, vectraman said:

Wouldn’t argue against any you’ve mentioned - I think Pukki would be worth a punt, he couldn’t be less prolific than what we’ve got!

I like Pukki but I don't think a 32 year old really fits what we are about. Could sign him on a short deal but if we aren't getting Broja I'd like someone who has more future.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Relegated sides (most likely), Burnley, Watford, Norwich. CBA to do a new thread.

Anyone realistic worth pursuing? Tarkowski on a free? Pope? McNeil? Pukki? Sarr?

Not many I’d take from any of them, but Watford have a few exciting attacking players.

I suspect they would be out of our reach, but I wonder if we could use A Armstrong as part of the deal to make it more affordable. 

proven championship striker so would be ideal for a relegated side. 

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

We’ve been linked with him on and off for a couple of years. Could be one something in this 

Have seen his name mentioned before, and generally good articles about him, linked with bigger clubs (Dortmund last summer for example). Bit of a ‘headcase’ as well. 

looks to be in our ideal age range (24).

Other GK’s mentioned in the last couple of years, or just on here:

Strakosha  (Lazio)  - also linked with bigger clubs, incl Newcastle and their Arab funds 

Rajkovic (Reims)

Lafont (Nantes)

Siegrist (Dundee Utd), now 30 so less likely.

probably none of them then. 

22 minutes ago, TWar said:

Areola on loan at West Ham and didn't get any minutes. Not sure if they will excercise an option to buy but would be a good signing.

They will be desperate for a keeper in the summer. Fabianski is 37 so his time must be coming to an end.

Surprised Areola hasn't played for them much, I'd be more than happy with him at Saints.

21 minutes ago, Sideways Jim said:

Etienne Green not sure if he has been linked but one to watch

Yeah he was mentioned on here a few months ago meant to be very highly rated but only 21 years old with 23 appearances in France not sure he’s ready to be our number one yet. 

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They will be desperate for a keeper in the summer. Fabianski is 37 so his time must be coming to an end.

Surprised Areola hasn't played for them much, I'd be more than happy with him at Saints.

Me too Areola is a very good keeper 

West Ham being linked with Pope. Reckon they’ll go for Henderson can see him going there 

12 minutes ago, The Cat said:

He's played a decent amount in their Europa league run to be fair, just very little in the league.

7 hours ago, The Cat said:

Dragowski is decent although not adverse to the odd cock up. However that won't be a problem for our fans because they seemingly now believe Forster is the reincarnation of Lev Yashin despite flapping at a cross against Leeds 3 games ago and costing us a goal.

Dragowski was injured for ages this season, came back, got himself sent off and has barely played since. I don't know why that is.

Sounds like the new Arthur Boruc. I’m in

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SNSUN said:

As a part-time Bristol City fan, I was a big fan of Josh Brownhill and gutted when he went to Burnley. Would love him here.

15 minutes ago, igsey said:

As a part-time Bristol City fan, I was a big fan of Josh Brownhill and gutted when he went to Burnley. Would love him here.

Good player but not sure where he fits for us, can't see him with Romeu or JWP as part of that 2, and not sure he does the job ahead of that. Good option to have though if we can afford him on the bench.

Was only saying recently, he reminds me of David Prutton and Richard Chaplow (not in play style), not sure if he is a centre mid or a right mid! 

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Radio saying Man City have agreed terms with Haaland, although they've yet to meet Dortmund's valuation. All the stories I've read suggest a massive amount is getting paid to the agent, as part of the deal. So, there's one alternative to Broja for next season possibly unavailable. 🙂

Or we go and get Liam Delap 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Sideways Jim said:

Etienne Green not sure if he has been linked but one to watch

Article recently on BBC website that has him classed as “wonderkid” but perhaps premature. U21 international, English, probably not massively expensive yet, seems like the sort of deal we would do.

1 hour ago, danjosaint said:

It won't be Dortmunds terms as they've reportedly met his release cause,  by all accounts it looks like it could be €150m with huge agent fees and signing on fees 

Raiola's involved so the agent fee will be astronomical. Man is a gangster

13 hours ago, danjosaint said:

It won't be Dortmunds terms as they've reportedly met his release cause,  by all accounts it looks like it could be €150m with huge agent fees and signing on fees 

Dortmund set the release clause though!

Its a huge wedge of money for them ultimately, should be interesting to see how they spend it and what it does for their competitiveness in the Bundesliga.

Edited by Saint86