Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

17 minutes ago, Tom & Gerry said:

It seems to mw that we have 3 categories of players.

Players we want to keep.

Players we would sell if a very good offer came in

Players we would like to move on.

Which category each player is in is only known by the club.

The media speculate , often based on what is not said or interpretation of what is said and mostly get it wrong. 

Agents will try to offer players to other clubs,  but it all depends on which group they are in whether a transfer is possible. 

Of course circumstances can change , as can the resolve of the club, and the categories might be quite fluid but very little of what we read can be taken as true.

You need to add:

information will also be ‘leaked’ by the (any) club for its own purposes when useful to do so. 

3 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Great player to break the lines, but has a tendency to hold on to the ball for too long though which ends up with either a great move slowing down, or getting tackled and countered.

Might that be down to the lack of movement and options ahead of him though ? Not sure that it is always his failing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What?

"Southampton Page" state that they always source the information they tweet. But there is no real source for this tweet, they say "Sky Sports", but there is nothing on any Sky Sports platform (that I can find) that supports this. Just putting "Sky Sports" in a tweet is not sourcing a news item. I have to say this sounds like bollocks to me (I certainly hope it is) or something made up by Alex Crook (maybe that's the same thing).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Armstrong's deteriorated quite a bit since his long lay off last year and I think those diminishing physical attributes have highlighted his limited footballing ability a bit more. Last summer when he was linked with a move away it was viewed as a potential terrible move by myself, but this summer I'd be open to it and getting better in, in return. Although, my hopes were pinned on Hudson-Odoi. Double barrelled surname and think he'd have given us the same as Bertrand and Romeu have/did after their moves from Chelsea.

Therein lies the problem though.

Well, that and some we can't even give away.

Just now, manji said:

The Che rumours were put to bed at the fans forum. The dimwit who was worried that Che was being sold. He was asked where he heard that and said “ Twitter “ he was met with derision.

was hardly put to bed, it was said he would not be loaned!

21 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

"Southampton Page" state that they always source the information they tweet. But there is no real source for this tweet, they say "Sky Sports", but there is nothing on any Sky Sports platform (that I can find) that supports this. Just putting "Sky Sports" in a tweet is not sourcing a news item. I have to say this sounds like bollocks to me (I certainly hope it is) or something made up by Alex Crook (maybe that's the same thing).

Tbf it's on their website

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12681046/transfer-deadline-day-which-premier-league-players-could-be-on-the-move-before-transfer-window-shuts-your-club-by-club-guide

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Pity the Southampton Page twitter couldn't be arsed to provide the link. Think that twitter account will definitely go on my blocked list. They didn't post any of the other stuff on there. Quite honestly the bit on the Sky page sounds complete made up to me. Nothing in Lyall Thomas' "article" to suggest there is any source for this, which seems to be a throwaway at the end of the Southampton section which is full of insights such as "Oriol Romeu: Questions over his future, especially if Southampton bring in James Garner.", not heard the Girona stories then Lyall? I'll treat this story with the contempt it deserves.

• Like 1

People using this latest rumour to suggest we be rid of Stu should be careful what they wish for. Aside from his splendid hair he’s still a major asset for us. He’s good on the ball, dynamic with and without it, can play both 10s and also CM. He rarely puts in a poor performance and there’s usually a reason. I’m all for new blood but not sure we’ll get anyone better, particularly this late on.

• Like 6

When they were asked at the fans forum about the Che rumours, the panel effectively laughed and told us not to believe everything we hear. I think if the panel were asked the same question regarding Stu, we'd get the same response. The Che rumour made no sense and I think the latest Stu rumour sits in the same bracket.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

People using this latest rumour to suggest we be rid of Stu should be careful what they wish for. Aside from his splendid hair he’s still a major asset for us. He’s good on the ball, dynamic with and without it, can play both 10s and also CM. He rarely puts in a poor performance and there’s usually a reason. I’m all for new blood but not sure we’ll get anyone better, particularly this late on.

Exactly, we've got plenty of shit to shovel out of the club, and mediocre players before we lose Stuart Armstrong. I'd be livid if he goes and we still have to rely on the empty shirts like Redmond and Elyonoussi lingering for another year without better recruitment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I'll have a go.  Apparently he's on 30k a week at the moment - I'd have no problems upping that to 65k and an extension of 3 years (so I suppose technically that's a 5 year deal).  Probably makes him a bit more difficult to sell but would hope that's about where he is in terms of what he's worth.  I think he's a decent player anyway although appreciate not everyone agrees. 

If he doesn't sign then I guess could probably go a bit higher but it's difficult to know what other players are on our radar and who would be likely to come.  I don't know what other players are on or what kind of money we have to spare so makes it a bit difficult to answer.  I think Che is important to us and there's every chance that we could replace him with worse so, yeah, keep him and give him a new contract, there's your answer (well, my opinion anyway). 

So if he really is only on 30k a week what the hell are we paying Walcott?

2 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I'll have a go.  Apparently he's on 30k a week at the moment - I'd have no problems upping that to 65k and an extension of 3 years (so I suppose technically that's a 5 year deal).  Probably makes him a bit more difficult to sell but would hope that's about where he is in terms of what he's worth.  I think he's a decent player anyway although appreciate not everyone agrees. 

If he doesn't sign then I guess could probably go a bit higher but it's difficult to know what other players are on our radar and who would be likely to come.  I don't know what other players are on or what kind of money we have to spare so makes it a bit difficult to answer.  I think Che is important to us and there's every chance that we could replace him with worse so, yeah, keep him and give him a new contract, there's your answer (well, my opinion anyway). 

cheers, but my question was what would you do if he is asking £100k a week?

Only he and the club know how much he currently earns, but I bet its more than £30k a week. Sportrac and the like haven't got a clue. Ts an example, they say Vokins is earning £21k a week while KWP is on £23k a week. 

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

cheers, but my question was what would you do if he is asking £100k a week?

Only he and the club know how much he currently earns, but I bet its more than £30k a week. Sportrac and the like haven't got a clue. Ts an example, they say Vokins is earning £21k a week while KWP is on £23k a week. 

Christ you’re demanding. Here we go, you give me an exact breakdown of who gets paid what, what our transfer budget is, all of our scout reports on potential targets and I’ll give you an answer. Sound fair?

7 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Christ you’re demanding. Here we go, you give me an exact breakdown of who gets paid what, what our transfer budget is, all of our scout reports on potential targets and I’ll give you an answer. Sound fair?

I'm demanding?  

22 minutes ago, Chez said:

I'm demanding?  

Yes, impossible to answer your question without knowing all relevant data.
I felt sorry for you, poor little Chez, no one answered his question. He must be feeling sad. I know, I’ll have a stab at it, that’ll cheer him up. 

Wish I’d never bothered ya needy sod.

Edited by revolution saint

9 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Doesn’t appear to be a lot of joined up thinking in that strategy, or it hasn’t been worded very well.

“No bid has been sent for Ramos and the club don’t want to put all their eggs in one basket. They still admire him greatly but they don’t know if a deal is able to happen.”

It certainly won’t happen if they don’t put a bid in. We either want him or we don’t’, in which case move on. 

Ramos is not what we need.  His goal scoring record is average at best and we already have 2 of those on our books.  And for anyone saying he's got 1,000,000 in just 10 games this season, then please have a look at the opponents he scored them against.

I don’t see why Benfica would sell Ramos at this point IMO. You’re better off letting him bag 15+ goals this season and getting double next summer vs what they would get right now. It doesn’t make much sense for Ramos either unless he really wants PL this year. Have a good UCL campaign, move to a UCL club in a top 5 league and receive a much bigger salary than what he would getting this summer.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Doesn’t appear to be a lot of joined up thinking in that strategy, or it hasn’t been worded very well.

“No bid has been sent for Ramos and the club don’t want to put all their eggs in one basket. They still admire him greatly but they don’t know if a deal is able to happen.”

It certainly won’t happen if they don’t put a bid in. We either want him or we don’t’, in which case move on. 

Yeah, it’s the modern equivalent of Doris Stokes. Is there anyone called Ramos in the hall? I’m getting a message from a south coast premier league club. They say they want you, no, wait, they’re not sure. Does that make any sense dear?

36 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Yes, impossible to answer your question without knowing all relevant data.
I felt sorry for you, poor little Chez, no one answered his question. He must be feeling sad. I know, I’ll have a stab at it, that’ll cheer him up. 

Wish I’d never bothered ya needy sod.

OK. Sorry to put you out. Have a good evening.

• Like 2

This Ramos stuff feels in the same ball park as that winger/attacker we nearly got from Russia a few years ago. Lots of wailing that we couldn't quite get it done but we tried etc etc. Never felt that real a prospect.

Turned out to be a wrongun if I remember right.

Someone will remember his name.

Anyway, this is a similar level. We're not getting this kid.

Edited by CB Fry

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This Ramos stuff feels in the same ball park as that winger/attacker we nearly got from Russia a few years ago. Lots of wailing that we couldn't quite get it done but we tried etc etc. Never felt that real a prospect.

Quincy Promes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Quincy Promes, later got accused of stabbing someone 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This Ramon stuff feels in the same ball park as that winger/attacker we nearly got from Russia q few years ago. Lots of wailing that we couldn't quite get it done but we tried etc. Never felt that real a prospect.

Quincy Promes? Was involved in drug trafficking or something.

I still don’t think we’re in for Ramos, and I’m also unconvinced “Rob” knows what he’s talking about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

I still don’t think we’re in for Ramos, and I’m also unconvinced “Rob” knows what he’s talking about. 

That Rob account is a proven bull sh*tter, Christ knows why people keep sharing his stuff. Just another attention deprived Twitter ‘personality’.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, ecurnew02 said:

Quincy Promes, later got accused of stabbing someone 

7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

We clearly dodged a bullet there then.

As far as I can recall Les’s Black Box for recruitment has only brought us a few traffic offences over the last 10 years. The hand bag thieves were before his time.

We’re obviously not recruiting at the top end of the criminality potential market No ambition… 

Edited by Badger

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I don't get good feelings about that Ramos one. I think he'd end up being a flop.

For the kind of cash it would take to get him we could probably get Broja...will be annoying to see him going elsewhere.

As per Ralph's comments today and as I have thought for a while, since Delap we havent had anyone lined up...wonder how far down our target list we will have to go and how much our plans were expectant upon an Adams sale?

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’m definitely naive to the world of drug trafficking but difficult to understand how a professional footballer gets involved in that.

”you know your a young man earning money you won’t probably be able to spend in your lifetime whilst playing a game? Well ever thought of supplementing that with drug trafficking- it’s fun but risky as fuck”

”Yes please”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, maysie said:

I’m definitely naive to the world of drug trafficking but difficult to understand how a professional footballer gets involved in that.

”you know your a young man earning money you won’t probably be able to spend in your lifetime whilst playing a game? Well ever thought of supplementing that with drug trafficking- it’s fun but risky as fuck”

”Yes please”

It’s quite astonishing how stuff like that happens. Nathan Dyer convicted of burglary, Nile Ranger for fraud, there are countless others. Jhon Viafara must have been paid £2-3m JUST from his three years and Saints and Pompey and yet he’s currently serving 11 years for having bags of powder in his brown suitcase. Strange.

Sounding like Atalanta have wrapped up Rasmus Hojlund for €17m. Only moved to Graz in January for €1.5m - people getting rather excited about a young Scandinavian 6'4" left footed striker with electric pace. For some reason.

Shame we weren't all over this. Or if we were, it's a shame we couldn't play the Danish card and get it over the line.