Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

He's probably already expressed an interest in Wolves, or Mendes has already been and wrapped stuff up at the players end. 

The club agreeing a fee these days is not necessarily the start of the process, it's the end. They're going public on trying to get more money out of Wolves probably because that is where he wants to go. 

It's someone else we're after.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

Just now, CB Fry said:

He's probably already expressed an interest in Wolves, or Mendes has already been and wrapped stuff up at the players end. 

The club agreeing a fee these days is not necessarily the start of the process, it's the end. They're going public on trying to get more money out of Wolves probably because that is where he wants to go. 

It's someone else we're after.

Who do you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

I’d like to think from Ralph’s comments after the game that whatever we are doing is almost over the line. He seemed extremely certain he knew that we’ve got a certain someone.

Agree. He seemed to be pretty sure of something.

Guess whatever it is will come out pretty soon.

44 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

I think if we wanted him we’d be all over this. The fact it’s gone very quiet our end on this rumour for a while suggests we’ve moved on for whatever reason.

Our deals are normally quiet so I wouldn’t necessarily jump to this conclusion

Hope we are prioritising a creator and or a striker over fullback cover. I would rather us spend money on other areas than full back cover as I've just remembered JWP is a pretty decent option at RB so at present we have KWP Tino JWP as right back options Djenepo Peraud KWP as left back options. Then in the disastrous circumstance 4/5 of them are injured you do still have Valery who can cover or the academy option.

18 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Our deals are normally quiet so I wouldn’t necessarily jump to this conclusion

True, but normally the target in question isn’t in the media at all. Whereas Kalajdzic’s name is being linked with a number of clubs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Agree. He seemed to be pretty sure of something.

Guess whatever it is will come out pretty soon.

Ralph’s answer on the TV interview about signing this week was “ definitely “ with a big smile.

It really does feel like we’re leaning towards Broja once Chelsea sign Aubameyang (horror move from them by the way). Although Everton are definitely in for him too. 

And whilst saying all of this we had Mara & ABK which came about without even a sniff of knowledge, so you never know.

I’m still going to bang the drum that I’d rather it were a winger (who could play up top if needed) rather than an out and out number 9.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

It really does feel like we’re leaning towards Broja once Chelsea sign Aubameyang (horror move from them by the way). Although Everton are definitely in for him too. 

And whilst saying all of this we had Mara & ABK which came about without even a sniff of knowledge, so you never know.

I’m still going to bang the drum that I’d rather it were a winger (who could play up top if needed) rather than an out and out number 9.

Broja can, and has played as a winger.

As we enter the final days of the window, who we haven’t offloaded and who’s been linked away summary: 
- Walcott (probably due to wages)
- Bednarek (linked away but still in the match day squad, been a constant in a poor high conceding defence for years)
- Valery (crap, has been for years)
- Stephens (not made the last four match day squads)
- Djenepo (impressive start to the season in an unfamiliar position but four good games doesn’t warrant another four year contract given he rarely showed up for the last three)
- Redmond (recently linked away, looks very much frozen out despite being one of RH’s faves initially)
- Elyounoussi (mixed time on the south coast but last year of contract, don’t see him extending his stay, cash in)
- Romeu (linked with a move back to Spain, last year of contract)

My point on the above is that any of those players leave we’re going to need a replacement and with the window SLAMMING shut in a few days time is running out to replace all of them last minute.

Despite varying levels of ability they’re all still part of the first team squad so we need to be preparing for eventuality’s for these players moving on. Lots to do!

13 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Still think it will be Kaladkjic or however you spell it.

Hoping it is, but doubt it unfortunately.

He’s 25 so suspect out scouts are looking at a younger player. Hjolund looked good but we either missed out or missed him completely.

Renan Lodi is a mad signing for Forest. Reguilón from Spurs is a downgrade for Athletico. Would have loved to see Saints bring in this sort of player and improve our LB position but we are not spending €5m loan fee plus a buy option at €30m.

It’s been mentioned before but I’d prefer us to do improve LB than just cover RB with a loan. Guess our transfer budget has other priorities. Perraud had a good spell during our best run last season so hopefully we see that version of him soon!

I imagine everyone on the Forest forums all agreed back at the start of the summer that the club needed, bare minimum, was to sign three left backs. So their fans must be delighted.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

As we enter the final days of the window, who we haven’t offloaded and who’s been linked away summary: 
- Walcott (probably due to wages)
- Bednarek (linked away but still in the match day squad, been a constant in a poor high conceding defence for years)
- Valery (crap, has been for years)
- Stephens (not made the last four match day squads)
- Djenepo (impressive start to the season in an unfamiliar position but four good games doesn’t warrant another four year contract given he rarely showed up for the last three)
- Redmond (recently linked away, looks very much frozen out despite being one of RH’s faves initially)
- Elyounoussi (mixed time on the south coast but last year of contract, don’t see him extending his stay, cash in)
- Romeu (linked with a move back to Spain, last year of contract)

My point on the above is that any of those players leave we’re going to need a replacement and with the window SLAMMING shut in a few days time is running out to replace all of them last minute.

Despite varying levels of ability they’re all still part of the first team squad so we need to be preparing for eventuality’s for these players moving on. Lots to do!

From what I am reading people seem to be only expecting one incoming which will be a huge disappointment. We need two decent acquisitions for me at centre forward and a creative midfield number 10. I don't think full back is a priority but a loan signing to cover Tino's long term absence would be welcome.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, saintant said:

From what I am reading people seem to be only expecting one incoming which will be a huge disappointment. We need two decent acquisitions for me at centre forward and a creative midfield number 10. I don't think full back is a priority but a loan signing to cover Tino's long term absence would be welcome.

I think it depends on outgoings.

The minimum at this stage is an attacking player (which Ralph seemed to suggest is close) and someone who can play at full back (presumably Maitland Niles).

Should we lose either Bednarek or Stephens I imagine we won't replace them (fair enough if Stephens goes but less so if its Bednarek). But if both go then we 100% would need to add a CB. For this reason, I suspect we will only let one go and probably Stephens as there is zero point in loaning Bednarek to a rival and weakening our CB depth. Villa linked with Craig Dawson this morning.

If Romeu goes then perhaps thats where Garner interest comes in. But would we really get AMN and Garner? Personally I don't think so. Whilst Garner has a higher ceiling, AMN probably cheaper and more versatile so can see the appeal. Might there be a scenario where we lose Diallo too and then get both? Probably unlikely this late.

Redmond and Walcott havent made many squads but if both go then we are light in numbers in those positions, especially if we go back to 4-2-2-2 as I dont see Adam Armstrong as a midfield player.

As we seem unlikely to make any major sales (clearly it was expected in the last few weeks that Adams would generate a decent fee), I wouldn't be suprised if all the incomings are loans, AMN and a forward of some kind.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, saintant said:

For me FB seems less of a priority now. Djenepo has surprised everyone. Are we really going to get anyone better than we have on loan. We can always revisit in Jan if Tino is a long way off still.

Yeah i'd love 2 players in. The reality though is we aren't likely to shift all the dross (Moi, Redmond, Stephens, Bednarek, Walcott), so i'll take one good one that's ideally got some versatility

• Like 2

Getting in a good, strong forward is critical.  Adam Armstrong looks decent (and quick) on the wide left), but if we could have brought or started someone like Broja yesterday, to combine with Adams, we would have done much better going forward.  

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Assuming we get the striker we’re after, anyone calling this summer’s window a huge disappointment is utterly deluded and a perfect example of the modern spoilt brat supporter.

Yep, I agree and I'll go further.  Assuming we win the league, people who call this season a disaster are the dregs of humanity.

• Haha 3

Just now, mcbendy said:

Quite a few people referencing Ralph's comments after the game about new signings, but I can't find the interview. What exactly did he say?

This bits I heard were that 4222 is in his DNA (or something like that), but the new players are learning a 433 quickly and that we are purposely trying to win the ball not so high up the pitch

Still makes much of the pre season even more bizarre

I do wish Ralph would stop whingeing about how little money we’ve got compared to Man U and others, the subtext being that he’s a genius for only losing 1-0. Brighton are in the same financial grouping and it doesn’t seem to affect them. Getting his excuses in again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Hasenhuttl: “We've spent on five players the amount that Manchester United has spent on one player. That's the way we have to go. I didn't see much difference between the two teams.” #saintsfc

yada yada

• Confused 12
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

Hasenhuttl: “We've spent on five players the amount that Manchester United has spent on one player. That's the way we have to go. I didn't see much difference between the two teams.” #saintsfc

yada yada

Based on yesterdays performance alone, which part has he got wrong? That seems a reasonably accurate assessment to me. The fact that, with some decent finishing, we’re all saying how Saints deserved to get at least something out of the game kind of backs him up.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, DT said:

yada yada

Yes DT, yada yada. Really tedious hearing the same sh1t on repeat …

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

We’re going to end up scrambling round on the last day trying and failing to bring someone else in aren’t we 

But will have tried.  The market is tough, and now is the not the time to start acting like a spoilt brat.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We’re going to end up scrambling round on the last day trying and failing to bring someone else in aren’t we 

This is the one window where we won't get away with that, if that is what happens.

It would be frustrating because a lot of good work has been done, if they fail to add to the striking options then it will undo all of that work and will probably send us through the trap door. This week is that important imo.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

yada yada

Have you been a buffoon your entire life or is it a relatively recent development?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

I heard one where he was asked if a striker is incoming and he gave a very definite Yes

That’s the one . He actually said “definitely ‘ she then asked when and he just smiled and she said “ oh well I tried “

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Getting in a good, strong forward is critical.  Adam Armstrong looks decent (and quick) on the wide left), but if we could have brought or started someone like Broja yesterday, to combine with Adams, we would have done much better going forward.  

Not sure Broja combines with anyone