Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

35 minutes ago, TheDevilishSaint said:

We certainly can!

Also a lot of people who watch PSV saying that these videos only show the good stuff and whilst he is a talent, he could do with some more development. A lot of games where he's invisible. Maybe that'll put United off? Could be a better fit for us maybe.

There's some great stuff in there, but I'm not totally blown away. Doesn't have the unbelievable skills of Anthony. He is a tall fella though, with a few nice headed goals. Im not sure I'd be spending £30m+ on him. 

• Like 1

I have followed Saints since the year dot and played to a decent level so like to think I have a reasonable view of players.
However I thought KWP was too lightweight for us and we had paid too much for him.
Goes to show I am just like many fans in my player assessment!!!
However whilst I may have a moan to mates around me I would never verbally abuse a player or Manager, although I may have offered a more comprehensive opinion about his Managerial skills to Mr Branfoot.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The same fans wanted Mane sent to non-league, as that was his level. 

The same fans who booed Pelle's touches against West Brom in the first home game he had.

Clueless comes to mind.

And this wasn't just social media either, this was directed in the stadium.

Yeah Tadic never had a poor game eh? Makes me laugh how when a player plays well people use it as an argument that they never didn’t play well. And I am not one of the twats that wrote Mane and Pelle off as they will never change.

Just now, whelk said:

Yeah Tadic never had a poor game eh? Makes me laugh how when a player plays well people use it as an argument that they never didn’t play well. And I am not one of the twats that wrote Mane and Pelle off as they will never change.

I don't think anyone has said that he never had a poor game? He had poor games for us, so did Mane, so did Pelle, but they were excellent overall and none of that should lead to the crap being thrown their way that I witnessed in the stands.

• Like 3

On 21/06/2022 at 22:02, Saint IQ said:

I only knew due to work (not for the club). So I'll never know who it is for sure, could have called the 2 last week. If they sign last week of August I'm on holiday sorry! In for the last few days though 😁

I am back in tomorrow so will try and post any imminent arrivals on here...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

19. NINETEEN. Madness.

They've signed all these players yet only started about five of them yesterday - absolutely crazy. Cooper has enough on his plate trying to keep them up, now he's got to keep nearly 20 new players (no doubt with heavily weighted appearance fees) happy.

They're going to feel it if they go down, that's for sure.

Edited by SambaMaverick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I know they had to sign players, but this is taking the piss a bit.

Some of their new signings, may not even make matchday squads

Boly refused to sit on Wolves bench yesterday so suggest not a great personality to sign.

Just now, whelk said:

How rich is that Greek bloke? Does he know about FFP? 

I don't think he's that rich in the terms of football owners, 500m at best. He owns Olympiacos well.

This is why if they get relegated they will implode quite spectacularly, as their owner is known for being a bit of a nut job.

2 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

They've signed all these players yet only started about five of them yesterday - absolutely crazy. Cooper has enough on his plate trying to keep them up, now he's got to keep nearly 20 new players (no doubt with heavily weighted appearance fees) happy.

They're going to feel it if they go down, that's for sure.

Perhaps they will move some of them out before the transfer window shuts. Does anyone know where they stand with the 25 man squad, I haven't kept a close eye on these transfers but don't feel like many of them are u21s.

I don't particularly dislike Forest, but part of me is now starting to wish that they do fail. Seems like a complete "scattergun" approach. Someone above mentioned that some of the new signings won't make match day squads. Some of of them will be lucky if they can get into the stadium on match days at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Ben Brereton-Diaz or Joao Pedro.

You all know it

Under Gao, Brereton would feel like our kind of signing, but not so sure under the current regime. We seem to have targeted a different type, higher quality but younger and thus more risk, but cheaper.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't think he's that rich in the terms of football owners, 500m at best. He owns Olympiacos well.

This is why if they get relegated they will implode quite spectacularly, as their owner is known for being a bit of a nut job.

Not as rich as our fella. £800m apparently 

B407A30C-C862-415B-B386-8C7D5B2E5705.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

I don't particularly dislike Forest, but part of me is now starting to wish that they do fail. Seems like a complete "scattergun" approach. Someone above mentioned that some of the new signings won't make match day squads. Some of of them will be lucky if they can get into the stadium on match days at this rate.

Every game at the city ground this season is effectively sold out, so you might be right.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

How rich is that Greek bloke? Does he know about FFP? 

Apparently a lot of their transfers are in gradual installments. So it makes the money stretch out across multiple years and reduces FFP issues. Spending a lot now however will hinder their future spending. Seems to be putting all their eggs in one basket and just hoping to stay up. If they can stay up this year I think the worry will be if they can continue to in the years after. It's a risk.

I'm kinda torn. When they were in the playoffs I was routing for them to come up. Signing 19 players is outrageous tho and I think it'd be funny if they go down. Owner thinks he's playing football manager.

Just now, TheDevilishSaint said:

Apparently a lot of their transfers are in gradual installments. So it makes the money stretch out across multiple years and reduces FFP issues. Spending a lot now however will hinder their future spending. Seems to be putting all their eggs in one basket and just hoping to stay up. If they can stay up this year I think the worry will be if they can continue to in the years after. It's a risk.

I'm kinda torn. When they were in the playoffs I was routing for them to come up. Signing 19 players is outrageous tho and I think it'd be funny if they go down. Owner thinks he's playing football manager.

Thing is, I just cannot see them going down. They have a decent manager and have brought in some very good players...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Perhaps they will move some of them out before the transfer window shuts. Does anyone know where they stand with the 25 man squad, I haven't kept a close eye on these transfers but don't feel like many of them are u21s.

28 total, and four u21s, but a few of that squad are likely departures like Arta and Taylor.

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That would be so impressive, if we can lose Bednarek and replace him with this guy. wow

If Bednarek goes, are we definitely going to bring another cb in? We have a lot of bodies.

Some of the links to Saints this summer have been fascinating and the link to Gakpo seems one of the more amazing ones. By the sounds of things (and I have no idea personally) it would be great if true, but it sounds too good to be true! It sounds like a smokescreen to me.

I would anticipate we are more likely to sign someone like Vangelis Pavlidis who scored a decent number of goals in the Eredivisie last season and is a Greek international. At 23 he would be a very Saintsy signing!!

1 minute ago, Chez said:

If Bednarek goes, are we definitely going to bring another cb in? We have a lot of bodies.

Sounds like it based on that tweet. Stephens isn't in the squads at the mo, I can see him heading out too.

We don't want to leave ourselves too short.

If this happens though it does beg the question as to why Villa didn't go for Caleta-Carr in the first place.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Sounds like it based on that tweet. Stephens isn't in the squads at the mo, I can see him heading out too.

We don't want to leave ourselves too short.

If this happens though it does beg the question as to why Villa didn't go for Caleta-Carr in the first place.

I think it's because Gerrard runs the show in terms of transfers - even if he'll be out the door very soon 

7 minutes ago, TheDevilishSaint said:

They effectively had five or six first team players at the start of the window. Bought the rest of the side and competition. Exactly what you want as a fan. 

We had fans crying about how shit Fox et al were and couldn't wait for them to be replaced. Forest haven't waited.

43 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I can't be the only one thinking all these links are coming out to show "at least we tried" when we don't sign anyone

Or... We genuinely did try but couldn't get a deal over the line, for valid reason(s)? Either way, how will we know which scenario is true, if that's how it turns out? (Other than relying on the collective wisdom of the Saintsweb intelligentsia on such matters, which, I concede, is formidable...)

;)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

After signing Lodi,

here is the next...

I’ve always quite rated him. 19 summer signings, dear me, anyone ever heard of something so ridiculous. I know they needed to do something but seem to be going shit or bust to stay up