Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Brereton Diaz would be a bit underwhelming and I don't think the type of player we need.

We need a bit of x factor, someone who can create chances for themselves like Broja did.

Any signings from abroad would need to be almost done by EOD Tuesday you would imagine to have enough time for a medical, which certainly wouldnt be rushed if we are to spend a significant amount.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Appy said:

Wolves agreed a deal for Kalajdzkic

Shame, he looked a good fit and would give us much-needed physical presence up front.

Underwhelmed by the news of Brereton Diaz, another EFL striker who will no doubt require 5 years to find his feet in the premiership.

• Like 2

Just now, Killers Knee said:

Shame, he looked a good fit and would give us much-needed physical presence up front.

Underwhelmed by the news of Brereton Diaz, another EFL striker who will no doubt require 5 years to find his feet in the premiership.

He is not really a Centre Forward either.  More of the role Adam Armstrong in playing now (wide forward in a 3).

55 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

#westhamsy 

51 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Will probably end up as Forests 32nd signing of the window.

An emotional return to Everton is my guess. No doubt they'll light ba few blue flares to welcome him.

24 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Strange, but Caleta-Car's been linked around numerous clubs for two or three seasons without anyone taking the plunge. Have to wonder why.

Same for the Hungarian CB Szalai.

at the start of the window I'd have been pleased in signing either but it seems we might have hit on a decent CB pairing although we still need other options.

Edited by Badger

Just now, DT said:

TalkSport just suggested 'someone like Southampton' for Barkley. Have to say I hope not. Will be Everton as softener of deal for Anthony Gordon?

I don’t think that’ll work as a softener seeing as Chelsea don’t own him now 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Brereton Diaz would be a bit underwhelming and I don't think the type of player we need.

We need a bit of x factor, someone who can create chances for themselves like Broja did.

Any signings from abroad would need to be almost done by EOD Tuesday you would imagine to have enough time for a medical, which certainly wouldnt be rushed if we are to spend a significant amount.

But think of the exposure it would give us in south America we’d sell literarily a dozen or so Breaton-Diaz shirts in chile 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Appy said:

I don’t think that’ll work as a softener seeing as Chelsea don’t own him now 

Might appease the supporters to have another 'local' in their team though as he'll fully understand what being an "Evertonian" means type of bollocks.

5 hours ago, saintwbu said:

Tadic was fantastic for us overall, but he was poor in the last two seasons for us (not the only one) but did basically keep us up almost on his own in the end so my memories of him will always be fond. I distinctly remember him rolling around asking for a foul (nothing in it) at home to Brighton whilst they were on the break down his side and rightly the whole stadium hammered him for it. When you listen to his interview after he left, it makes more sense, he obviously didn’t enjoy the physical side of the Premier League and had had enough of it. This was reflected by his last couple of seasons with us imo.

To say Tadic was poor for two seasons is bonkers

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Yeah to be fair it was more like a season and a half really. Post League Cup final under Puel and then all of Pellegrino’s reign. 

So basically the times the whole team was a stinking pile of shite?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Nailed on to score on Saturday then.

Nice one Semmens & Co, can’t wait to find out who we’ve got lined up.

We’ve had our best transfer window in god knows when, signing youth with actual immediate PL ability.. the club are still saying there is more to do

Yet we get fucking nutcases slagging off the efforts

Cant you lot sod off to the UI or something?

Edited by Smirking_Saint
  • Like 19

7 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

We’ve had our best transfer window in god knows when, signing youth with actual immediate PL ability.. the club are still saying there is more to do

Yet we get fucking nutcases slagging off the efforts

Cant you log sod off to the UI or something?

Agreed.  Same goes to the idiots saying the club are leaking stories so they can claim “they tried”…. We’ve signed several players and, crucially, got them in early.  If that means a quieter end to the window then that’s still a positive overall

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Agreed.  Same goes to the idiots saying the club are leaking stories so they can claim “they tried”…. We’ve signed several players and, crucially, got them in early.  If that means a quieter end to the window then that’s still a positive overall

We've had a good window for sure, but failing to sort out the attack before the end of the window would somewhat undo a lot of that good early work (in my opinion).

I think we'll get a couple in so I'm not too worried, but it wouldn't be right to sit here on Friday after not signing anyone and say we had a really positive window. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 5

Feels like we had a couple of big money strikers in our sights and have missed out on them. Delap for one. Dembele another I'd guess.

Annoying.

Hope we don't sign over-priced shite just for the sake of it.

Edited by Suhari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

🚨 Southampton are still ‘not making it easy’ for Oriol Romeu to complete a move to Girona #saintsfc @Nilsola10

What by giving him away for free and paying half his wages? He's a good player with a lot still to offer - if this side want him then they need to get their hand in their pocket and show us the readies. We're not a charity and nobody does us any favours.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Feels like we had a couple of big money strikers in our sights and have missed out on them. Delap for one. Dembele another I'd guess.

Annoying.

Hope we don't sign over-priced shite just for the sake of it.

Surely we would have got Delap if it was just on loan like Broja was? I think it’s clear we wanted to buy but City rate him that highly that he’s not for sale.

As for Dembele, he probably has his sights higher than us.

I’ve said this before but I think we should break the bank for Broja if there’s just a slight chance a deal could be struck. 

• Like 2

Just now, DT said:

🚨 Southampton are still ‘not making it easy’ for Oriol Romeu to complete a move to Girona #saintsfc @Nilsola10

Were we supposed to be? He's an important first team player, under contract for another year. Make a decent offer, or wait until next summer and pick him up on a free. Pretty simple, I'd have thought.

• Like 2