Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

9 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Show some ambition and get either 

Broja , Moussa dembele or Paul Onachu. 

That Blackburn lad will be just a repeat of Armstrong no thanks....

To 'get either' is to get one of two things (either/or). If you have three (or more) things to choose from, you are not getting 'either' of them, you are getting one of them.

And the same goes for the use of the term 'neither'.

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens this has been a really good window. Only the FIFA/Football Manager nerds are going to be disappointed that we aren’t doing a deal an hour as we approach the deadline.

So to appease these prat’s a little, here’s a dreamy scenario:
In: Gakpo, Caleta-Car, Garner, AMN (loan)
Out: Bednarek, Walcott, Elyounoussi, Romeu (reluctantly after his loyal service)

But just to reiterate, THIS HAS BEEN A GOOD WINDOW AND THESE ARE IMPROVEMENTS ON THE PLAYERS WE HAD!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Or we were never in talks with some of these players properly in the first place… 🙄

Just a thought.

As Ralph said, 95% of the stuff in the media is rubbish. The Delap rumours looked solid and an interest in Broja made sense, but as to the other rumours, I’d take most of them with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1

Thank god we only have to read 3 more days of random completely made up bollocks of who we are supposed to be in for at the very last moment. If all these ridiculous rumours were true we would be buying as many players as Forest.

This has been an excellent window for us so far, the new lads are excellent acquisitions and i trust in our new regime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Little bit more from this Rik guy, whoever that is.

Doesn't sound like 35-40 is enough.

Game around PSV attacker Cody Gakpo comes on the wagon: Southampton wants to pay tens of millions | PSV | ed.nl

Premier League club Southampton has reported to PSV for Cody Gakpo. The British club has not yet made an official offer, but it has made it clear that 35 to 40 million euros can flow to PSV in the event of a transfer.

Edited by S-Clarke

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I'm not looking into him unless we actually look like signing him. At the moment it's just journo bollocks. 

The article interested me. Then I read 35-40m. Then I laughed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Thank god we only have to read 3 more days of random completely made up bollocks of who we are supposed to be in for at the very last moment. If all these ridiculous rumours were true we would be buying as many players as Forest.

This has been an excellent window for us so far, the new lads are excellent acquisitions and i trust in our new regime.

Well said, they have earned our trust

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

But just to reiterate, THIS HAS BEEN A GOOD WINDOW AND THESE ARE IMPROVEMENTS ON THE PLAYERS WE HAD!

Exactly this. Pleased with the signings.

Interesting though that we still have Moi as a starter; and the off-the-bench-hope-for-a-winner option on Saturday was Lyanco.....

The squad is still a little thin on quality.

Hopefully a couple more in before the metaphorical melted sand, see-through thingy fills a gap with a sudden motion.

Generally speaking, when it comes to PSV that guy is a pretty reliable source

It feels an absolutely bonkers fee for us… but like Ive saud before here and on twitter, although we’ve been conditioned to the Gao years… this is unfamiliar territory for SR, we don’t know what their reserves are

What I have been told however, is that SR are significantly worried about relegation that would paralyse their project early… they need a PL club as the headpiece of their multi club model

The only thing convincing me this MAY happen is the fact it’s been said that Ankersen is trying to do this deal personally. If Sports Republic are serious about having a multi club model to contend with RB and the likes then a little extra quality may be needed to push us up the table and make us a more attractive proposition for the best youngsters in the world. Who knows what will happen…

32 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Little bit more from this Rik guy, whoever that is.

Doesn't sound like 35-40 is enough.

Game around PSV attacker Cody Gakpo comes on the wagon: Southampton wants to pay tens of millions | PSV | ed.nl

Premier League club Southampton has reported to PSV for Cody Gakpo. The British club has not yet made an official offer, but it has made it clear that 35 to 40 million euros can flow to PSV in the event of a transfer.

He's a proper journalist down south so legit 

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

That is a hell of a signing btw

3 quality signings right down their spine this summer. Agard the CB from Rennes (Top player), Paquetta who is obviously a superstar (this is on par with Newcastle signing Bruno imo). And the big Italian striker, Scamacca.

That's not forgetting the additions of Cornet, Emerson and Areola. Absolute top class additions on top of Rice, Soucek, Zouma etc they already had.

If they're not pushing for the Top 4 then they'd flopped.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Regardless of what happens this has been a really good window. Only the FIFA/Football Manager nerds are going to be disappointed that we aren’t doing a deal an hour as we approach the deadline.

So to appease these prat’s a little, here’s a dreamy scenario:
In: Gakpo, Caleta-Car, Garner, AMN (loan)
Out: Bednarek, Walcott, Elyounoussi, Romeu (reluctantly after his loyal service)

Most of us don't deny it has been a good window to date and we have upgraded the squad with some great acquisitions.  However, I don't believe it is behaving like a prat to suggest the signings so far leave us still vulnerable because clearly there remain areas where we are lacking. Some may think we've done enough and you sound like you are one of them and that's fair enough - personally I reckon we need at least another striker and probably a creative number 10.  Let's see what unfolds.

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

No way we are bidding if we havent already agreed the move with his agents

You'd think that would be the case but we were supposed to have bid for Delap and that didn't come off.  I suppose we could have agreed a deal with Delap and City refused but normally in those cases the player tries to force a move.

I think if there was any interest in Gakpo it probably stopped when we found out the price but you never know.

I keep coming back to Ralph saying he was confident when pressed about a new striker.  I can't see him saying that about Gakpo and if a fee hasn't been agreed.  Suspect it's probably someone completely different.

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Most of us don't deny it has been a good window to date and we have upgraded the squad with some great acquisitions.  However, I don't believe it is behaving like a prat to suggest the signings so far leave us still vulnerable because clearly there remain areas where we are lacking. Some may think we've done enough and you sound like you are one of them and that's fair enough - personally I reckon we need at least another striker and probably a creative number 10.  Let's see what unfolds.

I think the main issue was that before this window our squad was so terribly weak that we had to have a good window just to slightly improve on last year. We're still weaker up top at the moment too. What this does highlight is that we should probably have done some of the overhaul last summer if we had been able to afford it. 

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Honestly after Saturday ketchup and Salisu are more than good enough as our first choice CB pairing , we really dont need calleta car .

We do still need a big Pelle type striker desperately AMN would be nice , Garner has a high ceiling so yes as well but not urgent   because Lavia is will be our first choice DM now .

Its the Goal scoring needs sorting thats all !!!!!!

Just now, charliemiller said:

Honestly after Saturday ketchup and Salisu are more than good enough as our first choice CB pairing , we really dont need calleta car .

We do still need a big Pelle type striker desperately AMN would be nice , Garner has a high ceiling so yes as well but not urgent   because Lavia is will be our first choice DM now .

Its the Goal scoring needs sorting thats all !!!!!!

Yes we do.  We have been appalling at the back in recent times and no way will two very young defenders keep this up (let alone remain injury free) for the next 35+ games.

• Like 3