Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Everton seemingly the new West Ham with the way they are trolling us/going after same targets. Lampard will be sacked before Christmas, guaranteed...

He'll STILL be top of everyone's list when Ralph eventually goes. Baffling how anyone thinks he's a good manager.

Sounds like plenty of things are ramping up now. £60m for Isak is a huge fee, but he's a really good striker. Newcastle saving their dollar under the final weeks. 

The next level down from the likes of Nunez, he will be brilliant in this league I think. Big fan of him.

Paquetta to WHU will also be very good. But I'll wait on that one as they've been close a few times to players.

Edited by S-Clarke

I’m not too bothered about AMN, good utility player which would be very useful. But ultimately I’d like to think we were aiming higher.

I imagine his wages are extortionate (for a player of his ability) only given he used to play for Arsenal etc. Read somewhere before he had an attitude problem too so not sure how true that is, probably gossip.

I don’t see us bringing in another striker, we’ve played one up too this season and we have three players that can play there, all with varying degrees of ability. At most I think it would be a loan striker if we were to get one.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Sounds like plenty of things are ramping up now. £60m for Isak is a huge fee, but he's a really good striker. Newcastle saving their dollar under the final weeks. 

The next level down from the likes of Nunez, he will be brilliant in this league I think. Big fan of him.

£60m for a player that scored something like five or six last season in La Liga. Real Sociedad have done well there! 💰

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’m not too bothered about AMN, good utility player which would be very useful. But ultimately I’d like to think we were aiming higher.

I imagine his wages are extortionate (for a player of his ability) only given he used to play for Arsenal etc. Read somewhere before he had an attitude problem too so not sure how true that is, probably gossip.

I don’t see us bringing in another striker, we’ve played one up too this season and we have three players that can play there, all with varying degrees of ability. At most I think it would be a loan striker if we were to get one.

Out of interest, who would you rate as higher who would come here?

I don't think he's a bad player, plenty of PL experience. The 'utility' element of his game is probably right up Ralph's street as well, RB/LB and CM covered with one player. You need players like him in a squad imo.

The striker will be our big one I think. I have a hunch we will break our transfer record.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Hmmm, we've been "offered" the chance to sign AMN?  Sounds more like agent and/or Arsenal trying to engineer a move than any real interest.  

Yes sounds like it. I'd prefer Garner as I think he's a far better player. We'll probably get neither.

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

£60m for a player that scored something like five or six last season in La Liga. Real Sociedad have done well there! 💰

17 the season before that to be fair. He's clearly got pedigree, got pace, got power. Really enjoyed watching him for Sweden at the Euros.

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Out of interest, who would you rate as higher who would come here?

I don't think he's a bad player, plenty of PL experience. The 'utility' element of his game is probably right up Ralph's street as well, RB/LB and CM covered with one player. You need players like him in a squad imo.

The striker will be our big one I think. I have a hunch we will break our transfer record.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s broja we are waiting for. We are leaving it very late in the window so must have someone in mind.. West Ham we’re interested now that’s dead, he could still wind up at Everton but his options are starting to drain away now later it gets he needs to start thinking about game time so maybe it could happen 

19 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Lampard will be sacked before Christmas.
Rodgers will be gone by early new year.
Ralph I think very much depends on the next two months.

I think they’ll be a big merry-go-round come World Cup time; and knowing us it’ll be Lampard then ends up at us (if Ralph goes). 😂

Not Lampard! Anyone but Lampard! Isn't he Harry's son-in-law? Not Lampard. Anyway there will be no reason to get rld of Ralph, Saints will be riding high and PSG and Barcelona will be fighting for him. Lampard will be taking on  Bournemouth

5 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Must be paying a significant loan fee - surely? We'd be daft to loan to someone who will conceivable be in and around us in the table, wouldn't we?

Pretty silly. Need to convert to a sale

24 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

As Chelsea are our goto club for players, Billy Gilmour is available and hasn’t been given a shirt number 👀

Wasn't he the next big thing a while back? I remember pundits on TV raving about him. What happened?

8 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Must be paying a significant loan fee - surely? We'd be daft to loan to someone who will conceivable be in and around us in the table, wouldn't we?

Maybe this would be an unusual situation where as a parent club we would actually want our loaned out player to be allowed to play against us? 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Lampard will be sacked before Christmas.
Rodgers will be gone by early new year.
Ralph I think very much depends on the next two months.

I think they’ll be a big merry-go-round come World Cup time; and knowing us it’ll be Lampard then ends up at us (if Ralph goes). 😂

Knowing us I am prepared to bet a fucking lot of money that Lampard will not be our manager under any circumstances whatsoever at any point this season. 

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, stknowle said:

Knowing us I am prepared to bet a fucking lot of money that Lampard will not be our manager under any circumstances whatsoever this season. 

Indeed. SR don't seem the sort of owners to make a knee-jerk managerial appointment based on nothing more than someone's reputation as a player, which, let's face it, is the only reason FL has been given any of his management jobs so far.

8 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Indeed. SR don't seem the sort of owners to make a knee-jerk managerial appointment based on nothing more than someone's reputation as a player, which, let's face it, is the only reason FL has been given any of his management jobs so far.

I guess you can't smack it and hope for a deflection on the way in as a manager!

55 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Da FUQ?

If he isn’t going to play here. And he’s on a significant wage, better giving a shit premier league player to a rival, let’s just hope he plays. Assume they’re paying us a significant loan fee and covering all wages. We don’t need him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If he isn’t going to play here. And he’s on a significant wage, better giving a shit premier league player to a rival, let’s just hope he plays. Assume they’re paying us a significant loan fee and covering all wages. We don’t need him. 

Surely we will get in another cb if this happens. I don't want Stephens anywhere near the team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chez said:

Tricky one. It's not as simple as some posters who say `it would be madness to sell now'. 

Two years left on his contract. Now is he time to sell to maximise our return or we need to offer him a new contract. Would you do that, and how much would you pay? Is he worth £100k a week for example?

Does he want to stay? Does he want to move back up North perhaps? This human element is often ignored.

If we sell, how much is he worth? He hasnt scored a lot of goals previously, but is it possible that he scores 15-20 goals for us this season? What value do we put on that?

Is his all round game really that good and are the facets he brings essential to us?

If we sell, who do we replace him with?

Do we need to sell to buy any other players? Is the buying market non-existent for our `unwanted' players?

We’re not going to sell Che Adams in this window, absolutely not happening, it’s not even worth talking about ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Dorchester Saint
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I'd doubt it unless Stephens also leaves. Losing Bednarek would take us down to last year's number of CB.

Stephens as 4th/5th choice wouldn't be the end of the world imo.

Lyanco, Salisu and Kotchap isn't good enough. One injury and we are back to conceding the most goals in the division.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If we let Bednarek (at worst a decent Premier League back up) and Romeu both leave in this window then we can very much claim to be the diametric opposite to Nottingham Forest.

I find it odd that we have fans cheering this on.  We have played well for about 1 half of a game (in the league) so far.  Still look shaky at the back, and no way will all the new young players keep up the already OK levels of performance all season.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We're his spiritual home, surely

Why? 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Lyanco, Salisu and Kotchap isn't good enough. One injury and we are back to conceding the most goals in the division.

Correct. Also, goals. Oh and midfield

If we're playing four at the back and have MS, ABK, Lyanco and whichever of JS/JB sticks around, that seems alright to me and certainly an upgrade on last season. Better players than Lyanco and Bednarek aren't going to come here and be backup, so I'm not really sure what some of you are hoping for or expecting.

I can't see Rom leaving unless we're getting someone else.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Lascelles just scored in the league cup for Newcastle. He’s better than Bednarek, was their skipper IIRC, has the PL experience the club are rumoured to want and will help ABK and Salisu, plus the latter hasn’t signed a new deal so avoids a CB crisis next summer. They need to move one or two on and could suit everyone as loan or perm. Bednarek is done here, a loan fee with Villa so either does OK and gets signed or shop window. Does not want to be at SFC and the loan fee means we are getting some of a fee but still our asset. 

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If we're playing four at the back and have MS, ABK, Lyanco and whichever of JS/JB sticks around, that seems alright to me and certainly an upgrade on last season. Better players than Lyanco and Bednarek aren't going to come here and be backup, so I'm not really sure what some of you are hoping for or expecting.

I can't see Rom leaving unless we're getting someone else.

why would they be back up? what if they are just as good and force their way into the team?

We have just signed ABK.  Are you saying to sign a player like him is now beyond expectations?

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Why? 

Correct. Also, goals. Oh and midfield

Personally I'd like a Romeu replacement, an attacking signing either a winger or a creative tadic replacement, a Broja replacement and an upgrade on bednarek. Probably a player like Maitland miles as well who can fit in at full back.