Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Lampard will be sacked before Christmas.
Rodgers will be gone by early new year.
Ralph I think very much depends on the next two months.

I think they’ll be a big merry-go-round come World Cup time; and knowing us it’ll be Lampard then ends up at us (if Ralph goes). 😂

Rogers seemed to be a favourite on here at one point, which surprised me. I saw very little of the channel 5 Liverpool documentary, but what i did see painted him as an David Brent `emperor with no clothes' type character, that was completely laughable and given enough time would show his true colours and failings. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

why would they be back up? what if they are just as good and force their way into the team?

We have just signed ABK.  Are you saying to sign a player like him is now beyond expectations?

The money it would take to find another first choice CB would be much better spent elsewhere and even if we did buy one, it'd just make Salisu unhappy and push for a move himself.

Just now, Chez said:

Rogers seemed to be a favourite on here at one point, which surprised me. I saw very little of the channel 5 Liverpool documentary, but what i did see painted him as an David Brent `emperor with no clothes' type character, that was completely laughable and given enough time would show his true colours and failings. 

But has won a major trophy recently......

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I wonder if we’re looking at him as a way to get JWP further forward as well. 
At Leicester we looked like we were playing 4231 a decent amount . Prowse moving up with Armstrong (either)/Aribo/Elyo might open up more chances for the whipped crosses we saw.

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

The money it would take to find another first choice CB would be much better spent elsewhere and even if we did buy one, it'd just make Salisu unhappy and push for a move himself.

So, signing another midfielder might make JwP or Lavia unhappy and push for a move?

Signing another CB for around £10m (or loaning an established player) is beyond our expectations...righto

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

Why does it feel like we are always desperate to get these deals done? A loan with a fee is a shit deal.

If it was a player we couldn't use like Theo, I'd understand, but Jan can be okay on his day. Yes he can, for every atrocious game for us he's had a very good game and scored some big goals! (mainly in 2-3 defeats) lol

But to jettison him to villa to save us a few quid is stupid, and it makes me wonder what our plan and budget really is. 

Hold tight, let them force us to say yes with a permanent deal. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Would seem to make sense.

SSN now reporting that Everton are expected to table a bid for Garner. If true then I would expect him to choose them over us cos they can offer more money, just as much game time (their MF was gash last season so he would instantly improve it), and he wouldn't even need to move home. 

Looks like we're going all in for AMN instead then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Lascelles just scored in the league cup for Newcastle. He’s better than Bednarek,

Not really. Slow. Clumsy. If he wasn't English and prone to showing that "passion" (shouting and badge fucking) that pundits get weirdly in a froth over no-one would rate him at all.

• Haha 1

I do think any new signing we make needs to be better than what we have, otherwise you get yourself in the same mess as we did when we baulked out the squad with Bednareks and McCarthy's. 

I'm confident Maitland-Niles is better than we have in terms of a versatile option and extra CM (better than Diallo for a start). I think any new signing we make needs to have the ultimate aim to play first team football for us, otherwise what's the point.

I get the odd emergency loan every now and then, but we need to get away from the idea of baulking the squad out with average. The way you do it is evolve the team by buying better so the likes of Redmond/Bednarek/Romeu/Stephens/Diallo drop to the bench.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I’m starting to wonder if it’s broja we are waiting for. We are leaving it very late in the window so must have someone in mind.. West Ham we’re interested now that’s dead, he could still wind up at Everton but his options are starting to drain away now later it gets he needs to start thinking about game time so maybe it could happen 

Me too. Broja fit's Ralph' description of a `difference maker in final third'. His situation and summer to date is exactly why bringing players to a club is not straight forward or possible early in a window.

Just now, Chez said:

Me too. Broja fit's Ralph' description of a `difference maker in final third'. His situation and summer to date is exactly why bringing players to a club is not straight forward or possible early in a window.

The only thing which makes me doubt that is Ralph's comments from the fans forum. He was pretty scathing on how he downed tools in the 2nd half of last season for us.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Let's not move Bednarek on just for the sake of it. We need a deal that suits us. If nobody comes in with such a deal then we may as well keep him in our squad. Let's not be in the business of doing favours to clubs like Villa or anyone else for that matter. We need to play a bit more hardball at times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The only thing which makes me doubt that is Ralph's comments from the fans forum. He was pretty scathing on how he downed tools in the 2nd half of last season for us.

Agree, him and Semmens were visibly smirking when talking about how Broja had stopped playing. Fact is, he wasn't the only one and club management should have sorted it out at the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Why does it feel like we are always desperate to get these deals done? A loan with a fee is a shit deal.

If it was a player we couldn't use like Theo, I'd understand, but Jan can be okay on his day. Yes he can, for every atrocious game for us he's had a very good game and scored some big goals! (mainly in 2-3 defeats) lol

But to jettison him to villa to save us a few quid is stupid, and it makes me wonder what our plan and budget really is. 

Hold tight, let them force us to say yes with a permanent deal. 

Our budget is not infinite. When do you stop holding tight?

18 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He criticised Broja? What were his exact words?

Strange that Garrett continues to suggest that both player and club are keen to be reunited.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

He criticised Broja? What were his exact words?

Strange that Garrett continues to suggest that both player and club are keen to be reunited.

Along the lines of.....''You could see how much of a difference it made when we had someone up top who made a difference, was direct. Why he stopped doing those things in the second half of the season is unknown to me'' - Smirks from both him and Semmens.

Edited by S-Clarke

23 minutes ago, saintant said:

Agree, him and Semmens were visibly smirking when talking about how Broja had stopped playing. Fact is, he wasn't the only one and club management should have sorted it out at the time.

Broja had bright moments but few and far between. He looked lazy or uninterested a lot of the time. 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Along the lines of.....''You could see how much of a difference it made when we had someone up top who made a difference, was direct. Why he stopped doing those things in the second half of the season is unknown to me'' - Smirks from both him and Semmens.

Thanks. Might be innocent enough, but doesn't feel great.

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I can’t help but wonder if Broja developed a negative mindset when somebody in the dressing room got in his ear. He seemed all set and then things went pear-shaped. The smirks suggest that Ralph and Semmens know exactly who that was - and also the person behind the Mail leak. When shit like this happens inside a club, it’s seldom resolved with a public airing. More often, someone falls out of the squad selection reckoning. Just saying…

Less than two years ago, AMN earned the first of his five England caps. He would be an excellent addition if we do lose Romeu. While he offers full back cover as well, he wants to play CM and I doubt he would agree to come here if we didnt guarantee to play him in his preferred position. Perhaps we're looking to move Diallo on as well

11 hours ago, Pat from Poole said:

It wasn’t so much what Hassenhutl said. It was more the way he said it. He looked like he had had a gutful of Broja, and some.

Interesting. I just watched the forum. He wasn't asked about Broja. He brought him up himself  to describe `how fantastic he was and what a huge difference it made to have a striker that could create things out of absolutely nothing, (if Broja is not a target, then a player  like him, such as Nicolas Jackson, would seem the order of the day).

He then said "it was a pity he didn't show it for the whole season. And he stopped showing it, suddenly, er, or, ya...[laughter and big smiles]...for what reasons ever, but..."

Dunno if I got the `gut full vibes', but certainly suggested he was either bamboozled why he was great and then he wasn't. Or he wasn't bamboozled at all, but he certainly can't tell a fans forum the reason for the change in his form. Not sure.

see 22:05 onwards.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

anyone watch the PSV Rangers game? Did Gakpo look like a £38m winger ...and off to United?

Yes, I watched it.

None of the PSV team looked like stars at all.

Rangers were very good. Maybe we should have signed Tom Lawrence; think they got him on a free. They are really going to miss Aribo in the group stages though.

5 minutes ago, Pat from Poole said:

Yes, I watched it.

Rangers were very good. Maybe we should have signed Tom Lawrence; think they got him on a free. They are really going to miss Aribo in the group stages though.

How about Kent? I always thought he looked top notch, but no one has bought him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I remember when his stock was high he was described as “a real student of the game” an expression which was repeated verbatim by talk sport regulars the length and breadth of the country. WTF does that mean? He writes shite 10000 word essays on football no one wants to read? Utter drivel said by people who want sound clever by bigging him up

11 minutes ago, Pat from Poole said:

Yes, I watched it.

Aribo might be thinking now why didn't I stay? 

Horses for courses he's taken the risk to move to a much better league and to be honest as much as it was a fantastic gritty performance by Rangers they will go out in 1st round group. 

We could do with some of Rangers attitude and grit though.... 

• Like 1