Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

19 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Having been through a couple of ACLs him doing ball work is encouraging, hopefully he’ll be back by post WC

which knee did he do? I'd of thought those loops were taxing unless you were well on the way to full recovery.

28 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Ramos doesn't look great to be honest. Rafa silva on the other hand, looks outstanding.

Yes, thought that after the first game. He’s sharp around the box and has had a couple of good flicks but don’t see him being a player that will fit in too well with how we play. 
The assist tonight was lucky.

16 minutes ago, Chez said:

where do they get this information from? I mean, it makes sense, but who reveals this to a journalist? 

It's all part of the process I guess. It's a bit like Westminster and leaks designed to test the waters and float policy ideas without actually committing to anything.

Wasn't there a story last week of someone at Man U leaking an interest in Marko Arnautović to test the reaction. The negativity on social media was enough for them to quickly rubbish the rumour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudi-skacel said:

Rafa silva looks good.. Attacking midfielder/winger

He was going to be our Lallana replacement back in the day. I imagine that ship has sailed.

Ramos, I just don't believe the link. The move makes no sense for him.

Edit: sounds like Atalanta have ramped up moves for Rasmus Hojlund. He seems a more realistic target for us.

Edited by qwertyell

43 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Yes, thought that after the first game. He’s sharp around the box and has had a couple of good flicks but don’t see him being a player that will fit in too well with how we play. 
The assist tonight was lucky.

Poor touch in the build up too if Im being picky

Id prefer Kaladjzic tbh

30 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Poor touch in the build up too if Im being picky

Id prefer Kaladjzic tbh

Yep, agree with that. The Danish lad at Sturm Graz also looks a decent prospect and more of a powerful player than Ramos. Can see why Atalanta are interested. 

Edited by revolution saint

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Chelsea forward Callum Hudson-Odoi is close to finalising a loan move to Bayer Leverkusen.

C’mon Clarkey name a source, you know better than that. We can all ride a statement in bold. 😉

So people have watched snippets of two games involving Ramos and have made their mind up that hes not good enough, nor will he fit into our style of play 😵💫.

If we are genuinely interested in him (it might have been fed to media on purpose while we target somebody else), I'd be inclined to trust our scouting/recruitment team who have probably watched 20/30/40 games that hes played in. The signings so far this summer look promising so they've earned our trust

• Like 2

Jacob Tanswell said earlier that whilst The Athletic did the piece about our interest in Ramos, Wolves have also been very firm in their interest and obviously Lage managed him previously.

Tanswell alao said he isnt personally sure on Ramos as watchers of Benfica said most of his best work is outside the box and he isnt really a no9 type.

He added Everton still interested in Che and that its not impossible that he still goes.

No to CHO as too much interest from better clubs.

Club wouldnt stand in Romeu's way if a good offer was in but a couple of weeks ago Diallo more likely to go.

Usual suspects available to leave: Walcott, Redmond, Stephens, Bednarek (possibly)

Edited by Dusic

6 minutes ago, maysie said:

C’mon Clarkey name a source, you know better than that. We can all ride a statement in bold. 😉

😃 I'm itk!

in all seriousness it came up on Sky Sports thing, but it didn't copy particularly well!

Just now, Dusic said:

Jacob Tanswell said earlier that whilst The Athletic did the piece about our interest in Ramos, Wolves have also been very firm in their interest and obviously Lage managed him previously.

Tanswell alao said he isnt personally sure on Ramos as watchers of Benfica said most of his best work is outside the box and he isnt really a no9 type.

He added Everton still interested in Che and that its not impossible that he still goes.

Selling Adams in any scenario would be mental!

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

So people have watched snippets of two games involving Ramos and have made their mind up that hes not good enough, nor will he fit into our style of play 😵💫.

If we are genuinely interested in him (it might have been fed to media on purpose while we target somebody else), I'd be inclined to trust our scouting/recruitment team who have probably watched 20/30/40 games that hes played in. The signings so far this summer look promising so they've earned our trust

I watched two games, not snippets. Just giving my opinion, obviously you don’t have to agree and I’m not a scout. He might be great and if we sign him I hope he is but honestly he didn’t look great, and if he plays like that then I think he’ll struggle.

Only watched the two games because I was excited about the link, I was probably more inclined to be generous than most.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I watched two games, not snippets. Just giving my opinion, obviously you don’t have to agree and I’m not a scout. He might be great and if we sign him I hope he is but honestly he didn’t look great, and if he plays like that then I think he’ll struggle.

Only watched the two games because I was excited about the link, I was probably more inclined to be generous than most.

And everybodys entitled to their opinion. I've personally never seen him outside of highlights, so you're much more informed than I am. I just trust what our recruitment team see and the qualities he would bring to the team. Still not convinced hes our main target, but time will tell.

I wasnt overly convinced with the signing of Aribo having watched 15-20 Rangers games last season, but hes done well so far and the decisions the recruitment team/Joe Shields are making are the right ones so far

Edited by woodsaint1

If Ramos is deemed not for sale by Benfica, what are some other realistic options at striker that would break our transfer record? Tanswell has noted it multiple times now that if the deal is right we are willing to break that record 

Edited by ecurnew02

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Left I think… yeah can be but rehab is pretty advanced these days, many get back without surgery even

By chance, I happened to see Tino at St Mary's last week and was able to have a quick word with him. He has a 4 to 5 inch scar to the side of his left knee which he confirmed was from the current injury (i assume the surgery). He didn't mention how long he thought he would be out. He wasn't limping though (haha that's my professional assessment completed). He was with Perraud, who when asked why he wasn't playing, said that he is injured. I have to say, both lads were really pleasant and stopped to sign autographs for kids and have 'selfies' taken......and before anyone asks, no I didn't.

Here endeth my ITK input  🤣🤣

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

By chance, I happened to see Tino at St Mary's last week and was able to have a quick word with him. He has a 4 to 5 inch scar to the side of his left knee which he confirmed was from the current injury (i assume the surgery). He didn't mention how long he thought he would be out. He wasn't limping though (haha that's my professional assessment completed). He was with Perraud, who when asked why he wasn't playing, said that he is injured. I have to say, both lads were really pleasant and stopped to sign autographs for kids and have 'selfies' taken......and before anyone asks, no I didn't.

Here endeth my ITK input  🤣🤣

The scar is actually quite interesting and tbh indicates he probably had more issues then just his ACL, with purely ACL you get a couple of smaller key hole scars but the 5 inch lateral scar down his knee I think probably points to meniscus damsge too… not that that means anything really, it should heal quicker than the ACL tear

Lets hope the kud bounces back quickly, ACL tears are as big mentally as they are physically but realistically he has youth on his side with this

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

He has a 4 to 5 inch scar to the side of his left knee

Blimey, I thought ACL was keyhole surgery these days. Mate had his done last year and no big scar like that. Think he had 3 insertion scars.

Weirdly Smirking just posted the same concern! 😆

Edited by skintsaint

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Would be sad to see him go - been a fantastic pro for us and top DM, but his game has slowed and the move is the best for both parties as it’s reported he wants to be back in Spain. Good luck OR and thanks for your time as a Saint!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

Can’t begrudge him a move back home. Been a very good signing for us. 

That's sweet, but he's under contract and the best CM we have after JWP. Personally I think it'd be crazy to allow him to leave in this window. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Master Bates said:

"Only started once in the PL this season"

Or to put it another way...He's started a third of our games or has only not started two all season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

The scar is actually quite interesting and tbh indicates he probably had more issues then just his ACL, with purely ACL you get a couple of smaller key hole scars but the 5 inch lateral scar down his knee I think probably points to meniscus damsge too… not that that means anything really, it should heal quicker than the ACL tear

Lets hope the kud bounces back quickly, ACL tears are as big mentally as they are physically but realistically he has youth on his side with this

Yeah but girls dig scars, perhaps he asked the surgeon to give him one deliberately.

10 hours ago, waylander said:

Interesting that he turned down 2 PL clubs (Fabrizio Romano), safe to assume we were one of them. Leverkusen have lost all 3 of their games this season so far and I don’t think they are in Europe? I wonder why they are more attractive to CHO than us?

3 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Didn't he struggle with a miniscus problem around Christmas last year? The club were debating an op at that point, but wanted to see how he went.

Maybe they took this oppertunity to clean up the miniscus issue too.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Didn't he struggle with a miniscus problem around Christmas last year? The club were debating an op at that point, but wanted to see how he went.

Maybe they took this oppertunity to clean up the miniscus issue too.

Could be it yeah, it is certainly a bigger scar then usual which could indicate repairing other structures but doing ball work already is bery promising, he is what.. 2-3 months in ?

Many professionals return after 5/6 months these days and there is actually a growing movement of those that carry on without an ACL at all, completely different levels I know but Ive played without one for about 3 years now, McGregor fought without one, theres NFL footballers with none at all etc

Crazy how the science moves on

37 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Interesting that he turned down 2 PL clubs (Fabrizio Romano), safe to assume we were one of them. Leverkusen have lost all 3 of their games this season so far and I don’t think they are in Europe? I wonder why they are more attractive to CHO than us?

They finished 3rd last season. Qualified direct to the Champions League group stage.

Edited by qwertyell

44 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Could be it yeah, it is certainly a bigger scar then usual which could indicate repairing other structures but doing ball work already is bery promising, he is what.. 2-3 months in ?

Many professionals return after 5/6 months these days and there is actually a growing movement of those that carry on without an ACL at all, completely different levels I know but Ive played without one for about 3 years now, McGregor fought without one, theres NFL footballers with none at all etc

Crazy how the science moves on

How does that work, without an ACL? I did my ACL playing footie 15 years ago and it has never really been right, hamstring-wise. But it gave way a bit before the op (mostly while dancing at a wedding). I thought it was encouraging to see the 'round the worlds' or whatever the kids call them these days that Tino did in the vid. Hope he does a recovery a la van Dyke or Shearer