Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

9 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Any transfer news on Saints please as I would of gone to the Forest forum if I wanted to read all about them!

Think you've answered your own question - there is none.  Hopefully we'll hear something sooner rather than later, but I doubt it will be before today's match.  In some respects I think it's encouraging - #Saintsy - to not hear anything then boom, there we go...a top class striker in.

33 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What is their strategy? They signed the guy from Bayern (Omar Richards) for £10m, he's a quality LB. 

They also signed Toffolo from Huddersfield. Their approach is starting to scream wtf.

Richards broke his leg, I think. 

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Gotta question Chelsea and their recruitment. Do they even need him with the likes of Pulisic around?

This is what I thought, in my opinion Pulisic is on a different level to Gordon. Even Zyiech (although a slightly different sort). You could even give CHO a chance in the wide areas.

Gordon is alright, just an average english player in my opinion. By all accounts Pulisic is on his way out though, why....god knows.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Newcastle United have made a second bid for Watford forward Joao Pedro.

The offer is believed to be in the region of £30m including add-ons.

Watford are considering the proposal - talks are ongoing over structure of the payments and how achievable the add-ons are.

Newcastle are hopeful of completing the deal.

Is it just me who doesn't get the hype around Pedro? what has he ever done to warrant this sort of fee?

Given Wolves pursuit of Sasa, and Newcastle’s pursuit of Pedro...it does potentially open the door for Ramos, given that these two clubs were the others we were competing with.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This is what I thought, in my opinion Pulisic is on a different level to Gordon. Even Zyiech (although a slightly different sort). You could even give CHO a chance in the wide areas.

Gordon is alright, just an average english player in my opinion. By all accounts Pulisic is on his way out though, why....god knows.

Chelsea’s spending is fairly remarkable this summer - and that’s not even considering who they might sign before the window closes.

(& doesn’t take into account the young players they’ve been forking out on) 

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Chelsea’s spending is fairly remarkable this summer - and that’s not even considering who they might sign before the window closes.

(& doesn’t take into account the young players they’ve been forking out on) 

It is quite incredible really, for that outlay they've not even signed a bucket load. Cuccurella, Sterling, Koulibaly, Chukwemka. Sterling adds a bit extra in attack for them, and Koulibaly was a necessity, but other than that.......they don't look any better for the outlay. Cuccurella for that fee made no sense to me, they already had Chilwell. Ditto Gordon would make no sense to me for that outlay.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It is quite incredible really, for that outlay they've not even signed a bucket load. Cuccurella, Sterling, Koulibaly, Chukwemka. Sterling adds a bit extra in attack for them, and Koulibaly was a necessity, but other than that.......they don't look any better for the outlay. Cuccurella for that fee made no sense to me, they already had Chilwell. Ditto Gordon would make no sense to me for that outlay.

Yup. Still want a right-back, striker, wide-player & even a centre-mid (!)

Imagine Broja etc would have to go help offset that.

Just now, SonicBoom said:

Broja won't be too happy to see Gordon arrive will he. 

Broja isn't going to get much time there, he'll have a wasted 12 months if he's not careful. 

CHO, Pulisic, Emerson, Chalobah, Broja are all probably up for sale/loan at the right price. (I think Emerson is off to WHU)

29 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Broja isn't going to get much time there, he'll have a wasted 12 months if he's not careful. 

CHO, Pulisic, Emerson, Chalobah, Broja are all probably up for sale/loan at the right price. (I think Emerson is off to WHU)

I read earlier that Chelsea are looking at potentially a further 8 exits before the window slams shut (admittedly this came from the Express so it is probably bollox). With Aubemyang being lined up I can see Broja being one of those 8, he isn't going to get much game time this season.

2 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

I read earlier that Chelsea are looking at potentially a further 8 exits before the window slams shut (admittedly this came from the Express so it is probably bollox). With Aubemyang being lined up I can see Broja being one of those 8, he isn't going to get much game time this season.

I'd rather Keep Che, But would be a very smart loan.

looks like Aubameyang to Chelsea is likely to, so it definitely feels like Broja could leave. However there could be strong competition (assuming we want him and he and Ralph did not fall out). Everton have been courting him all pre-season and if Gordon goes am sure they will try. Brighton will need a striker if Maupay leaves and they have money to throw at a good replacement. on the plus side looks like Newcastle and Wolves could be getting their strikers soon unless they are greedy and looking for 2.

on another point - might Chelsae be struggling for home grown numbers for Europe squad if CHO, Chalobah, Broja (guessing he counts but not sure what age he joined the academy) leave and possibly Barkley, Gilmour, Gallagher might go too if the Midfield gets more packed with Gordon. Always a slight risk Broja needs to stay if other exits happen. 

3 hours ago, disconnect said:

Are they now replacing all their (promotion winning) replacements?!  it’d be hilarious if Forest went down after signing twenty (and counting!!) new players!

Ha. Starting to look like it.

16 players signed in total by my count so far. Of those, Aguilera was acquired and immediately loaned out.

Of the starting line up, the three centre backs and Johnson were from the promotion side, with just 3 of the 9 subs from the promotion season. So that's 13 new players and 7 existing.

Richards and Niakhate (both new signings) and Colback (existing player) were injured. Existing players Soh, Smith (3rd choice keeper), Cafu, Arta and Taylor didn't make the squad and probably won't be required. 

Big old turnover of players, but of the promotion side, Samba wanted out, Spence, Garner, Davis, Lowe and Zinkernagel were all loans that went back. So they needed six first team players for starters and replaced most of the bench/squad players that were not good enough to play in the championship so are hardly likely t be good enough for the Prem.  If you were the manager, wouldn't you have done exactly the same?

One extra note. Lots of criticism over the £25m plus add ons Gibbs transfer fee, but he took Everton to pieces when he came on. Could be a very good signing for them. I'd of been happy to see him at our place.  

Edited by Chez

2 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I'm pretty sure they've already bought 2 left-backs already this summer. That's pretty speedy turnover to be replacing left-backs they only bought a few weeks ago and one may not even have played a game for them yet!

They play wing backs. They signed Toffolo and Omar Richards, but the latter may have a serious injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coalman said:

Is it an American owners thing? Is Todd Boehly the new Glazers? Buy up overhyped English talent for silly money.

Listened to a piece the other day and Bholey (or how ever you spell it) is implementing 'Americanisms' into the player set up more than any other.  He is locking down many young players on 6 year+ contracts, which is what they do over there (apparently).  This is better for the books (amortisation).  

However, this is not the NFL, where all the best players play in the same country, in the same league without relegation.

Either way, £50m+ for Gordan is criminal.  He would walk into Chelsea and not offer a single element of improvement, and Everton should get this done ASAP

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

What is their strategy? They signed the guy from Bayern (Omar Richards) for £10m, he's a quality LB. 

They also signed Toffolo from Huddersfield. Their approach is starting to scream wtf.

Richards broke his leg during pre season.

1 hour ago, SonicBoom said:

Broja won't be too happy to see Gordon arrive will he. 

Is there any chance he goes the other way? Everton seem like the size of club Broja might want, all be it they are struggling a little currently.

Brojas PL options if he does decide to leave Chelsea permanently could be limited to Brighton or Everton. I dont think we're overly interested given the potential price tag. WHU and Newcastle who were previously interested have moved to sign different striker targets. 

Unless we explore the loan option again (with an option or obligation to buy)

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Listened to a piece the other day and Bholey (or how ever you spell it) is implementing 'Americanisms' into the player set up more than any other.  He is locking down many young players on 6 year+ contracts, which is what they do over there (apparently).  This is better for the books (amortisation).  

However, this is not the NFL, where all the best players play in the same country, in the same league without relegation.

Either way, £50m+ for Gordan is criminal.  He would walk into Chelsea and not offer a single element of improvement, and Everton should get this done ASAP

Patrick Mahomes got a (up to) $503m (depending on performances) 10 year contract at the Chiefs. He's a superstar and with wages (and the cap) continuously rising, it's seen by many as a very sound investment.

Title challenging and Champ league challenging teams you want two good players for every position, look at Liverpool with a few injuries they seem to be having issues with depth so I kind of get Chelsea trying to do that but at the same time they have had and still have loads of good youngsters and then seem to buy players for big money that it’s hard to argue they are any better. 

I mean that sort of money for Gordon when they have CHO, Broja, Pulisic, Ziyech, Sterling, Mount for those positions is baffling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Gordon is not a good player. 

I thought he looked pretty good last season. He was Everton's best player anyway. £60m though. Blimey.
The money these big clubs have is unbelievable.  How on earth do you compete when they buy a squad player for as much as we spend in an entire window on five or six players. It's little wonder we get absolutely murdered from time to time (like we did at SMS against Chelsea last season).

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Brojas PL options if he does decide to leave Chelsea permanently could be limited to Brighton or Everton. I dont think we're overly interested given the potential price tag. WHU and Newcastle who were previously interested have moved to sign different striker targets. 

Unless we explore the loan option again (with an option or obligation to buy)

Wonder how many strikers Chelsea would like to keep for the season. They don't really have many, Hazertz, Broja, and maybe Aubanyang. Sterling maybe, Batshuayi if desperate.

You do wonder where Everton go next, this summer has seen their already low-quality squad picked off of it's better players.

Lost Richarlison, their next best bet DCL injured all the time, the next best bet Gordon now off to Chelsea.

Their attack is pretty much made up of Demari Gray and Solomon Rondon. Not sure there are many goals in that. I'm sure they have targets to sign, so it'll be interesting. Broja as part of the deal seems a no brainer for them as it gets a player in the door straight away.

The next week and a bit of the window is going to be fascinating, so much still to happen everywhere.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

You do wonder where Everton go next, this summer has seen their already low-quality squad picked off of it's better players.

Lost Richarlison, their next best bet DCL injured all the time, the next best bet Gordon now off to Chelsea.

Their attack is pretty much made up of Demari Gray and Solomon Rondon. Not sure there are many goals in that. I'm sure they have targets to sign, so it'll be interesting. Broja as part of the deal seems a no brainer for them as it gets a player in the door straight away.

The next week and a bit of the window is going to be fascinating, so much still to happen everywhere.

They do look hard to beat though. Pickford, Tarkowski, Cody, Doucoure and Onana is a really solid spine. Rondon  is good for 5-10 goals per season and Calvert-Lewin is a good player if he can stay fit. When Gordon goes you’d expect them to sign at least one or two attacking players. I expect to see them in lots of low scoring games but will have enough to stay up as they will concede a lot less than clubs in the relegation battle

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

They do look hard to beat though. Pickford, Tarkowski, Cody, Doucoure and Onana is a really solid spine. Rondon  is good for 5-10 goals per season and Calvert-Lewin is a good player if he can stay fit. When Gordon goes you’d expect them to sign at least one or two attacking players. I expect to see them in lots of low scoring games but will have enough to stay up as they will concede a lot less than clubs in the relegation battle

Dunno how good Lampard is at coaching defence. It wasn't exactly his strength as a player and his sides at Derby and Chelsea were a bit leaky at times.

Then again I'm not sure how good our manager is at times too 😉

5 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Do we have a sister club we can sell Bednarek to? I reckon we could get a bazillion pounds for him to help strengthen cash flow.

This cycling of money between sister clubs seems to happen more and more. Will we be doing that soon I wonder?

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

For some reason I thought Rondon chipped in with some goals last season, but he scored 1 in 11 starts pus 12 sub appearances. He was a 1 in 4 man at WBA. They really need DCL back fit. Is he still injured?

1 minute ago, coalman said:

Bidding war for Bednarek incoming. Apparently we can add Napoli and Roma to Villa and West Ham among his list of suitors.

At this rate Bednarek might sell for more than either Tadic or Hojberg.

sounds good, but aren't those two Italian clubs just `old rumours'? 

1 minute ago, coalman said:

Bidding war for Bednarek incoming. Apparently we can add Napoli and Roma to Villa and West Ham among his list of suitors.

At this rate Bednarek might sell for more than either Tadic or Hojberg.

You’d take the two Italian clubs all day wouldn’t you? Likely to be challenging for the champions league places, Napoli can offer that this season and Roma can offer europa league 

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

For some reason I thought Rondon chipped in with some goals last season, but he scored 1 in 11 starts pus 12 sub appearances. He was a 1 in 4 man at WBA. They really need DCL back fit. Is he still injured?

Think he’s out for another 3-4 weeks. Rondon didnt have a good season last year but par for him is about 7-8 a season. Everton will grind out enough results against the poorer team to stay up I think 

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You’d take the two Italian clubs all day wouldn’t you? Likely to be challenging for the champions league places, Napoli can offer that this season and Roma can offer europa league 

Roma would be a good move for Bednarek. A step up from Saints.

53 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

To be fair, what can Lampard say if Gordon comes up to him and says he wants to leave his boyhood club to join Chelsea?

40 minutes ago, coalman said:

World Cup chances? This deal is getting more delusional all the time

i know ross GIF

• Like 1