Leeds 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Just now, Saint_clark said:

How in the fuck is that not a foul on Broja just before they score there. Absolute piss take, that seems to have happened to us so many times where a foul occurs just too far back for VAR to overturn it but close enough that it would have affected the outcome.

Commentators called it a 50/50. It wasn't. Broja was trying to get to the ball and the Leeds player wasn't. It's a foul all day long.

Just now, The Cat said:

Remember when everyone said how good Forster was? Well they were wrong. He's absolute shit.

No. People said he was better than McC which IMO is true. He's still one of the weaker goalies in the EPL. We desperately need an upgrade in that position.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

With our next couple of games, we are in the middle of a Ralph mega-run of shite 

He must be one of the most inconsistent managers ever it's either sublime or beyond terrible no in-between!

Just now, Mr X said:

He must be one of the most inconsistent managers ever it's either sublime or beyond terrible no in-between!

And yet, if Moi had done better with his chance and Forster had done better for their goal, you wouldn't be saying that.

It's all about fine margins.

• Like 2

This has been an issue for such a while, we just don’t deal with crosses effectively.

It’s a combination of GK and both CBs, we don’t have physically imposing centrebacks that other teams have, such as the likes of Dan Burn/Louis Dunk/Ben Mee/Coady etc etc etc I could go on

A lot of the time we say “Saints couldn’t score if the game went on all night”, except I don’t think I could ever say that for the opposition in a game against Saints. We’re okay at blocking shots in central positions but keep on crossing and we will concede eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

And yet, if Moi had done better with his chance and Forster had done better for their goal, you wouldn't be saying that.

It's all about fine margins.

But they never and we have been very crap, so far 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saints foreva said:

Another sitter for Che Adams. He scores that if he has a left foot. 

decent composure initially, ball then just got stuck under his feet a tad as his second touch wasn't quite good enough, he was then  worried about not having time to set his feet, so used his right. Disappointing.

I think we've actually played pretty well. The goal was a mess and it's expected that Leeds would come out guns blazing but we've made some good chances and been the better team since about the 20th minute. 

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

But they never and we have been very crap, so far 

I disagree. Leeds started at a very high tempo, doing to us what we have often done to other teams and not letting us settle. 

We haven't been 'very crap' by any means. We've taken the game to them and created chances.

• Like 1

Leeds are on a bit of a high. It would have been good to take the lead and knock that a little bit, as they are still looking down. Win this they are pretty safe. If we can get the next goal it will be interesting to see if their head drop a little. 

So still in the balance, but next goal is so important in this game. 

Edited by Dr Who?

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I disagree. Leeds started at a very high tempo, doing to us what we have often done to other teams and not letting us settle. 

We haven't been 'very crap' by any means. We've taken the game to them and created chances.

we were pretty poor though, failing to keep the ball, track runs....

worked our way back into the game and have been better side since they scored. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic