Leeds 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Has anyone recieved there tickets in the post yet ? Id take a point in all honesty. Going for 2-2

Forster, Tina, Perraud, Salisu, Bednerak, Romeu, JWP, Mo, S Armstrong, Broja and Adams.

KWP rested after 2 games for England 🇬🇧

Edited by Nick75Sfc

I had received my tickets Wednesday.

I’m hoping for a good day out and the chance to experience  a famous ground for the first time. I’m not expecting any kind of result for Saints, a combination of having achieved safety, some players being “on the beach”, others probably thinking about summer moves and the game being far more important for Leeds. I just don’t want to experience another Vila away day, where we were absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick75Sfc said:

Has anyone recieved there tickets in the post yet ? Id take a point in all honesty. Going for 2-2

Forster, Tina, Perraud, Salisu, Bednerak, Romeu, JWP, Mo, S Armstrong, Broja and Adams.

KWP rested after 2 games for England 🇬🇧

Why not rest Tina as well then, after 2 games for u21s, especially as Ralph didn't want him to play. 

42 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Why not rest Tina as well then, after 2 games for u21s, especially as Ralph didn't want him to play. 

Look mate I don’t wanna fight but I think Tino could do the job in this game, trust me I’ve got a goldeneye for this sort of stuff.

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Dirty Leeds Away - Saturday 3pm

They are very bad this season, largely due to injuries to key players.

Their win at Wolves, although a brilliant come back, was equally fortunate with the red card.  However, you still have to win them.

Are we on another terrible run, or will we turn this around?

2-2 for me.

I've only been to Elland Road once.  We won 3-0.  Same again please.  It's important the season doesn't just fizzle out.

As for the team I'd give AA another go with Che.  And possibly Tella or Redmond in for Moi.  Stephens over Bednarek still.  And KWP and Perraud at full back. The rest picks itself.    

Edited by The Left Back
  • Like 1

They'll be full throttle and if we don't play to a level, we could easily find ourselves 2-0 down quite quickly. Need to bounce back from last few games which have been pretty woeful.

Decision to be made at the back.  Bednarek's attitude vs Stephens incompetency? or Valery? Would just verge towards Bednarek. Hopefully Lyanco will be back soon, I saw he's back in training.

Forster; Tino Bednarek Salisu KWP; Romeu JWP; Armstrong Moi; Adams Broja

They will leave gaps, they always do. 3-2 Saints.

4 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Look mate I don’t wanna fight but I think Tino could do the job in this game, trust me I’ve got a goldeneye for this sort of stuff.

I'd love to see him play, but what's that got to do with it? We don't need another hero at this point in the season.

Give him another rest until the next home game where he can make st Mary's proud.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

I've only been to Elland Road once.  We won 3-0.  Same again please.  It's important the season doesn't just fizzle out.

As for the team I'd give AA another go with Che.  And possibly Tella or Redmond in for Moi.  Stephens over Bednarek still.  And KWP and Perraud at full back. The rest picks itself.    

I've been there 7 or 8 times and have managed to never see us win, been a few disappointing defeats over the years, last few times I went we were stuck in the corner "cheese wedge" and generally took quite poor numbers, looks like we've sold out close to 3000 for this trip, very impressive,  on the side now by players tunnel, always seems a good atmosphere at Elland Road so should be decent. 

I'll predict 2-2 

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

I've been there 7 or 8 times and have managed to never see us win, been a few disappointing defeats over the years, last few times I went we were stuck in the corner "cheese wedge" and generally took quite poor numbers, looks like we've sold out close to 3000 for this trip, very impressive,  on the side now by players tunnel, always seems a good atmosphere at Elland Road so should be decent. 

I'll predict 2-2 

The only time i've seen us win there was in the mid/late 90s when we won 1-0 and Carlton Palmer got sent off with about 15 minutes to go. It was a dire game, Leeds were managed by George Graham and only scored about 30 goals that season. We probably had about 500 fans there all travel club types. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I'd love to see him play, but what's that got to do with it? We don't need another hero at this point in the season.

Give him another rest until the next home game where he can make st Mary's proud.

I totally agree with you, just thought I could use more puns by disagreeing. So In the end it was a complicated disaster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

The only time i've seen us win there was in the mid/late 90s when we won 1-0 and Carlton Palmer got sent off with about 15 minutes to go. It was a dire game, Leeds were managed by George Graham and only scored about 30 goals that season. We probably had about 500 fans there all travel club types. 

I was at that game. Leeds fans were very poor.only heard them when Carlton got sent off. Saw us win at Anfield the same season. Wasn't used to seeing us win away in those days.

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Yep. Was there too. In 98. David Hirst scored our winner. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Left Back said:

Last time I was there we drew 2-2 in the League Cup semi (79). The open corner of the ground in a blizzard. Long bloody drive home in the snow. Stevie Williams scored a peach (Peach didn't score), Phil Boyer sent off.  Ivan Golac. 

Edited by VectisSaint
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Last time I was there we drew 2-2 in the League Cup semi (79). The open corner of the ground in a blizzard. Long bloody drive home in the snow. Stevie Williams scored a peach (Peach didn't score), Phil Boyer sent off.  Ivan Golac. 

I was there when Dowie scored a last gasp equalizer for a 3-3 draw in the year they won the League!

2 hours ago, Dman said:

I take it you’ve not been to a game of football since the 80’s… 

Only been going since 91, so still a relative blow in lol. Whilst down south never did the away days. Was always a home bird.

Been to plenty of other grounds since living up north and had no issues in any of  them.

Leeds has a bit of a reputation though. Have driven passed it a few times and was always struck by how small it seems, from the outside anyway.

Went to Leeds away once a while back when invited by a Leeds-supporting mate so had to sit with him in the home section. When we nearly scored I instinctively stood up and raised my hands to my head in an 'ooo' moment, realised what I was doing, looked around, and saw a bloke making a 'slit the throat' sign whilst staring at me. Nice.

6 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Only been going since 91, so still a relative blow in lol. Whilst down south never did the away days. Was always a home bird.

Been to plenty of other grounds since living up north and had no issues in any of  them.

Leeds has a bit of a reputation though. Have driven passed it a few times and was always struck by how small it seems, from the outside anyway.

You really need to go careful. I'll give you a few tips

Dont go into any pubs. They'll know straight away you are a shandy drinking southern poof by what you order at the bar and you'll get glassed.

Dont wear a coat. We all know Yorkshire people are double hard and walk around in t-shirts all year round, wear a coat they'll know you're not local and will rip your arms off tie you to the bridge over the M62 by your intestines.

Take a taxi everywhere. If they see you walking around they will know you dont know the area and immediately you'll be taken down some side street, battered with bricks laying around from buildings that have been derelict since the textiles industry stopped booming.

And most of all NEVER, EVER, speak. They'll hear you dont talk like them and will open you up, rip out your tounge cut off your cock with it.

Hope to see you alive and still posting this time next week Warrior.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Went to Leeds away once a while back when invited by a Leeds-supporting mate so had to sit with him in the home section. When we nearly scored I instinctively stood up and raised my hands to my head in an 'ooo' moment, realised what I was doing, looked around, and saw a bloke making a 'slit the throat' sign whilst staring at me. Nice.

I went in the home end once with a Leeds mate and commented on how shit a pass was and the guy behind me scalped me. I had to get the top of my head sown back on at Leeds hospital, sadly the doctor knew i wasnt from Leeds and used an infected needle which gave me blood poisoning and i had to be rushed by Air Amblance to another hospital which was fine until it turned out the pilot was a Leeds fan and threw me out of the plane without a parachute. Nice.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Dont go into any pubs. They'll know straight away you are a shandy drinking southern poof by what you order at the bar and you'll get glassed.

Dont wear a coat. We all know Yorkshire people are double hard and walk around in t-shirts all year round, wear a coat they'll know you're not local and will rip your arms off tie you to the bridge over the M62 by your intestines.

Take a taxi everywhere. If they see you walking around they will know you dont know the area and immediately you'll be taken down some side street, battered with bricks laying around from buildings that have been derelict since the textiles industry stopped booming.

And most of all NEVER, EVER, speak. They'll hear you dont talk like them and will open you up, rip out your tounge cut off your cock with it.

Sounds reminiscent of my trip to Anfield in '79, probably not quite as extreme as I'm still in possession of cock, tongue and intestines, but the rest of it is pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Sounds reminiscent of my trip to Anfield in '79, probably not quite as extreme as I'm still in possession of cock, tongue and intestines, but the rest of it is pretty accurate. 

You've never done a proper away game up north if you've never come back minus a body part.

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

And make sure you stand bare chested with your arms outstretched singing “We are Leeds”.

Best get some appropriate tattoos whilst you’re at it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

I was at that game as a youngster in with the home fans with my mum and Leeds supporting stepdad. My only real memory of the match is the Leeds fans around us singing to Palmer that he had red piss on his back.

Due to the family ties I went to Saints games there quite often around the late 90's but haven't been there for a long time now. It's definitely one of the more atmospheric grounds.

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Here's hoping they ordered the lasagne for lunch

I can confirm the all day breakfast is fabolous and a bargin even for non members at ÂŁ8.95 is tremendous value for money. 20% discount for members too makes it even more attractive proposition when mulling over options in the 19th hole.

I understand its easier to not dislike an opponent who loses a lot, but this season I have garnered a fair bit of respect for Leeds Utd. The way they set up to play, to have their own identity. Even when they were decimated by injuries and bad luck. Then when the covid BS excuses started, they just carried on under Bielsa. 

Compared to a large percentage of the other teams that make up the Premier League today, I have to say, I commend Leeds for standing tall. 

Now...................lets batter the buggers! uts

I went in the early 70's when Leeds were in their prime and I lived up that way, standing on my own around the half way line.

Joe Kirkup scored a terrific own goal (headed) and we then equalised.

Gerry Gurr caught a corner and, as he was about to clear upfield, Billy Bremner gave him a dig and Gerry reacted.

Crowd shouted, Referee didnt see what had happened but turned round to see Bremner fall to the ground as poleaxed.

Ref gave a penalty and I yelled in protest.

I guess the Leeds fans around me had a degree of sympathy and surprise and I received no grief.

We lost 2-1.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic