Carabao Cup 2nd Round draw - Cambridge (a)

Pamplemousse

23 minutes ago, whelk said:

Surely a new thread?😄

Seems like not enough people care to start another. Some all Prem ties coming up, which will help us in the long run if we progress.

Man Utd - Villa

Bournemouth - Everton

Forest - Spurs

Wolves - Leeds

City - Chelsea

5 minutes ago, LGTL said:

First home tie in this competition for what feels like an age. Good chance to progress and a lot of all prem affairs could help us out. 

Last one was 2020 when we lost at home to Brentford

Last time with fans was 2017 when we lost at home to Wolves

Last time we won at home in the League Cup was the semi-final first leg against Liverpool!!

5 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I can remember playing Wednesday in a cup match at The Dell once, they brought about a million supporters down I seem to recall. 

They'll bring loads this time too. 

They had something like 6000 at MK Dons a few weeks ago. I know that was a league game and easier to travel to but they'll sell a lot for this game.

12 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I can remember playing Wednesday in a cup match at The Dell once, they brought about a million supporters down I seem to recall. 

We took 10,000 up there for the quarter final on the Sunday, 0-0, replay at the Dell but can’t remember them having particularly that many. Feisty night all the same, some shenanigans around the Lord Louis, mullered  ‘em, 5-1.

Yeah - happy with that one. Seven all prem ties. Four ties with no prem clubs. Five ties with one prem team (all at home). Liverpool and Man City drawn at home.....of course, but can't complain drawing Sheff Wed at home.

Full draw:

Leicester v Newport County

West Ham v Blackburn

Wolves v Leeds

Nottingham Forest v Tottenham

Manchester United v Aston Villa

Bournemouth v Everton

Liverpool v Derby

Burnley v Crawley

Bristol City v Lincoln

Manchester City v Chelsea

Stevenage v Charlton

MK Dons v Morecambe

Newcastle v Crystal Palace

Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday

Arsenal v Brighton

Brentford v Gillingham

Great draw for us and a lot of all Premier League ties. I cannot however see many of the lower league teams progressing  being drawn away at bigger clubs  Eg Newport, Crawley, Lincoln Gillingham.

It would be nice to meet one of them in the last 16.

32 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Great draw for us and a lot of all Premier League ties. I cannot however see many of the lower league teams progressing  being drawn away at bigger clubs  Eg Newport, Crawley, Lincoln Gillingham.

It would be nice to meet one of them in the last 16.

Newport, Crawley and Gillingham have a good shout I reckon. 

I have this very vague memory of being in a pub in Bursledon and us playing Sheff Wed in this competition several years ago. I think J-Rod scored his first goal? May have been a penalty? Or he scored and then missed a penalty?

Obviously I could Google it but where's the fun in that?

5 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Christ, I didn’t realise these weren’t being played until the second week of November. Normally we’d already have played the Round of 16 (R4) by then.

I’m surprised at that as well, you’d have thought they’d be cramming in games prior to the World Cup?

Unless they’re cramming in the European competitions instead prior to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’m surprised at that as well, you’d have thought they’d be cramming in games prior to the World Cup?

Unless they’re cramming in the European competitions instead prior to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

All midweek slots are taken by Premier league games (2), international break, and champions / europa league as they are finishing the group stages before the world Cup I think. This round is just before the world Cup so can't see some players wanting to risk injury. 

Sheffield Wednesday should bring down a few, 2000 or so will help make it a decent cup atmosphere if priced right. 

• Like 1