Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

3 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Can't see that happening, there hasn't even been a suggestion of it from anywhere.

He'll be here until we are in the bottom 3 at least.

We’ve been terrible all year and getting worse. SR’s investment is in serious jeopardy if the rot isn’t stopped soon. 

10 minutes left to salvage something. we've been by far the better team since their second goal and at least made some chances unlike the previous two games.

But if we don't score again, we'll have gifted yet another poor team an easy win through our own sheer incompetence.

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

Lose this and Ralph's record including last season's run-in is screaming for him to be sacked. He's had his nine lives now,

4 wins and 15 loses in 24 games. 

one of the wins was Cambridge in the cup. Simply dreadful. Enough is enough 

• Like 4

Just now, BotleySaint said:

The squad is weaker than last year. A few with potential but we are a lot weaker up front.

Not sure if any manager could do better. But we've got to let one try. Ralph's totally out of ideas.

Who have we lost that could have made a difference here?

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Who have we lost that could have made a difference here?

Broja might have stuck some of the chances away?

Hard to say how he might have improved us in adding an extra dimension to the attack.

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Like 1

12 points from our last 20 league games. Even worse than Pellegrinos run that got him sacked 

4 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Ralph will not be sacked. Sadly.

It’s not the Southampton Way. Even if we were bottom three going into the World Cup he wouldn’t be sacked.

Edited by Turkish

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Ralph will not be sacked. Sadly.

It’s not the Southampton Way. Even if we were bottom three going into the World Cup he wouldn’t be sacked.

I don't think the owners can risk their investment by allowing this shit show to continue one minute longer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Broja might have stuck some of the chances away?

Hard to say how he might have improved us in adding an extra dimension to the attack.

Yeah I suppose so but we were never likely to keep him. I take your point though.

3 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Man City are going to score a minimum 5 goals against us i reckon.

Back to 3 at the back I reckon, DCC, ABK and Salisu. KWP and Perraud wide, JWP, Diallo and AMN bossing City's midfield, Adams and Aribo leading the attack.

Yeah we're probably screwed.

Edited by SNSUN
  • Haha 1

Even if if rescue this one at the death I feel we have stopped progressing under Ralph and it's the end of a cycle. The squad isn't perfect, we all know it, but we've looked dross against Everton, Villa and Wolves - none of whom are up to much this season. I honestly can't see what the plan is anymore - it's pure speculation but I think the body language of some players suggests they don't either.

Ralph doesn't deserve some of the derision and abuse he gets but I would be surprised if Sports Republic aren't actively exploring other options. I'm never a fan of change for change sake (see Watford) but things have gone stale for far too long and it seems that despite new coaches and players nothing much has changed since our dreadful run in last year. We are a hard watch most weeks and I'm not convinced we couldn't be doing better with a different coach at the helm. 

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

4 wins and 15 loses in 24 games. 

one of the wins was Cambridge in the cup. Simply dreadful. Enough is enough 

Lose this today, and since Jan (Prem games only)

27 games, 7 wins, 5 draws, 15 losses, 26 points, 0.963 points per game, 36.6 points per season.

Last 19 games (inc today)....3 wins, 3 draws, 13 defeats, 12 points, 0.6316 per game, 24 points per season 😬

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic