Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

People can moan about Ralph, but this is the front four that people have been screaming out for - at what point do we say the players themselves aren't doing enough?

Trouble is he tells them how to play - no risks etc. We look like the f ing away team FFS. I really despair of this boring shite.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Someone needs to be brave and control the ball, not just punt it back to Everton.

It's just wave after wave of Everton attacks, with a long clearance and repeat.

Same as Villa then so Ralph has learned diddly squat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Time to stop making excuses for Ralph.

I'm not, he's close to the point of firing for me, but this team today is what people have been asking for and they're playing shite. If their passes were connecting and everything we were trying still wasn't working then that's one thing, but all we're doing is passing it straight to Everton players and i'm pretty sure that isn't part of Ralphs plan.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Are you suggesting that he tells them to pass to Everton players or fall over when trying to dribble past someone then give up and not track back?

Dont be daft, where have I said that.

Listen, if you feel this is on the players, then fair enough, we just massively disagree. Ralph sets the formation, tactics etc. They follow his instruction. Maybe they are playing confused as Ralph isnt as good as some believe on here, and i feel this if we win or lose today. He needs to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Billy the Kidd said:

Dont be daft, where have I said that.

Listen, if you feel this is on the players, then fair enough, we just massively disagree. Ralph sets the formation, tactics etc. They follow his instruction. Maybe they are playing confused as Ralph isnt as good as some believe on here, and i feel this if we win or lose today. He needs to go.

The fact that we play the same way whoever is playing suggests it’s not the players 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

I'm not, he's close to the point of firing for me, but this team today is what people have been asking for and they're playing shite. If their passes were connecting and everything we were trying still wasn't working then that's one thing, but all we're doing is passing it straight to Everton players and i'm pretty sure that isn't part of Ralphs plan.

I think the idea that you make that many changes and expect an instant result is pie in the sky. A good manager spots where he needs to make astute changes not wholesale ones. This smacks of him chucking a load of names together, hoping they might gel and then if they don't he'll say what else do you want me to do. The answer Ralph is a lot more than we're getting for your huge salary.

Just now, skintsaint said:

Chelsea equalise at Palace

Great news and another fellow relegation fighting side Fulham 2 down to Newcastle with 10 men so hopefully Newcastle can turn the screw and dent their goal difference. It’ll be a season of fine margins with such a desperately poor Saints squad. As Ralph is still there I’m guessing SR believe he could get Saints back up at the first attempt next season so long odds at staying up with the severe lack of goal threat in the side.

Really done with Ralph.  Take some bloody risks and attack rather than sideways, sideways, back.  Everything is so slow, it gives the opposition masses of time to get everyone behind the ball.

No attacking threat whatsoever and they can't even seem to pass to each other.

Zero creativity, no attacking threat and zero entertainment.  For gods sake get rid of Ralph and try and convince Pochettino to come back.

• Like 1

Just now, washsaint said:

Really done with Ralph.  Take some bloody risks and attack rather than sideways, sideways, back.  Everything is so slow, it gives the opposition masses of time to get everyone behind the ball.

No attacking threat whatsoever and they can't even seem to pass to each other.

Zero creativity, no attacking threat and zero entertainment.  For gods sake get rid of Ralph and try and convince Pochettino to come back.

Pochettino? Not sure if serious?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic