Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Looks like the sort of team that the collectice Saintsweb football experts would've picked so we've only got ourselves to blame if this goes tits up... :)

We get whipped and RHs post match is just, "Turkish, Fry, Hypo....Trousers...Pilchards....Ottawa....your boys took one hell of a beating!".

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Average age of 23.9. It’s like the Poortvliet and Wotte days. 

Off topic but we played some absolutely lovely football under Jan tbf considering the resources available. He was just tactically clueless. That away game at Derby where we won 1-0 fairly late on, the football was absolutely mesmerising.

• Like 2

Looks good.

Only question mark for me would be the two new guys on the left side of defense. Surely they'll try and exploit that early.

It's a big game for Mara, he's starting so needs to put in a good performance to claim that spot.

I wasn't optimistic about this one, but that team selection looks promising (on paper at least)

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Starting to wonder if Ralph had a say in signing Perraud. He can't wait to drop him.

Course he didn't. Managers haven't had a "say" in transfers for a very long time. They can "suggest" but that's about it. 

33 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Not sure about throwing in the young lad at left back but like the look of the rest of it.

My thoughts exactly - surprised Ralph has picked him ahead of Perraud and Djenepo. Not sure he looks ready for the physical battle he'll encounter.  Other than that, no complaints. Now we need a fast start and to be quick through the midfield - a sluggish start and we'll likely lose.

Seems to have picked the team most on here wanted.  

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Larios looked utter quality when he came on to be fair, the KWP left back clone we've been asking for.

looks a busy kind of player, but he's small and I wonder if he really is quick. Hope he has a stormer today though. Left back hasn't been a strength.

Looks like we’re back to 4222 to me and I’m happy. Save the 4231 for away games.

Happy to see Larios start because he’ll be the width, along with KWP. I like Perraud but he always looks just a touch short of pace or puff when he plays. 
2 strikers playing and Aribo and Stu creating is way better than Elyo and AA.

optimistic about this for the first game in a while

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic