Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

On 30/09/2022 at 07:13, Saintscummer said:

This is a simple one for me. If he picks Moi and Diallo over Aribo and AMN and we lose or even play poorly then he has to go. 

if he or SR lose the fans totally then it won’t be long. I’m no statto but our form the last 30 league games has been just about the worst it can get. 

Who is SR?

We need to get back to winning ways today. We need to start on the front foot and get at them. A big performance is needed today. Hoping Maitland-Niles starts today as we need added power and strength in the middle. Aribo and Stuart Armstrong also to come back in. 2-0 to us with a much needed clean sheet - Prowsey and Aribo to score :) COYR

32 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

No help for me. My lad plays most Sundays at various different times. Would be difficult getting back in time to get into town.

I hadn't realised there had been so many home games moved until I just looked. It's completely shit. Both the West Ham and Newcastle games clash with my son's matches. 

Fuck the Premier League.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I hadn't realised there had been so many home games moved until I just looked. It's completely shit. Both the West Ham and Newcastle games clash with my son's matches. 

Fuck the Premier League.

Maybe the Premier League simply aren't aware of your son's schedule?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Maybe the Premier League simply aren't aware of your son's schedule?

There's countless numbers of kids playing on a Sunday each week all over the country who get screwed over by rearranged tv games.

It's not like anyone even wants to watch us on tv anyway. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, The Cat said:

There's countless numbers of kids playing on a Sunday each week all over the country who get screwed over by rearranged tv games.

It's not like anyone even wants to watch us on tv anyway. 

Plus local women's leagues play Sunday afternoon..

Disappointed not to see Ballard make the bench.  Assume Salisu on the bench due to travel/playing both games this last week.

Bench does not look strong at all bar Salisu and possibly Edozie.  Rest shows the poor quality of the overall squad.

1 minute ago, igsey said:

Maitland-Niles is #3?!

Very interested to see how this goes, Larios at LB with Perraud and Djenepo on the bench is a big call. Why do we persist with Walcott taking up a bench space?

the 'might score against former club' principle? I know. Desperate.

4 minutes ago, igsey said:

Maitland-Niles is #3?!

Very interested to see how this goes, Larios at LB with Perraud and Djenepo on the bench is a big call. Why do we persist with Walcott taking up a bench space?

They probably have Theo folding tracksuits or something.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Everton - Match Thread

Interesting line up - excited to see how it goes - but then I'm in the group thats enjoying watching a young saints team with potential have a go at teams.

Is it a 4-2-2-2 with Mara and Che up top, or 4-2-3-1 with Mara and Aribo on the wings?

Sensible to use CC vs Everton's lack of pace with his enhanced ball playing as well. Clear that we've settled on ABK as #1 CB!

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic