Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!

JRM

2 minutes ago, northam soul said:

We are going to get so fucked over in midfield it’s ridiculous.

I guess Jones thinks we don’t need a midfield when we have the ball,as we just lump it for the centre half’s to clear.

Stu has niggles apparently so being rested.

I hope that's true about Stuart :)

Edited by davefizzy14

8 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

It's really amazing to watch the group pile-on - on Twitter even more than here. People, this is our team. If a couple of mistakes had been avoided in last couple games, and this exact same team was picked now, you'd see people going. "yup... reasonable."     The only big worry for me is: what's up with Stu? 

That’s precisely the problem, we haven’t won in the past few games and haven’t learned from our mistakes. Any other team would drop underperforming players or those who continue to make mistakes, but Jones’ arrogance expects miracles, if it’s broke don’t fix it in his eyes. Sooner he gets out the better

8 minutes ago, DrunkenSaint said:

god knows what that lineup is, 5 in defence which sits back to hit long balls to the 5 attacking players? we have no midfield at all, the manager is clueless

It invites them to attack us. “Come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough. Oh…”

Whenever we play three CB’s, in essence it’s a five at the back. 
It invite the opposing team to attack more and exploit the wing backs, so naturally they sit deeper alongside the midfield and suddenly you have eight/nine players defending the penalty area.

An extra midfielder means the game is competed for in midfield, not outside our 18 yard box.

5 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Is it amazing? He’s making very obvious errors time and again without learning. 

Hard to fault the fans outcry after recent performances. 

Although in Jone’s defence, it’s so hard to pick a team with the way everyone has been playing. Maybe he has left the midfield empty as a sign to the board. 

They’ve been playing the way that he tells them to. 

16 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

So who knows what formation this is?

Lyanco at RB? AMN, Aribo and A. Armstrong all selected? No Stu Armstrong in the squad?

Jones doesn’t help himself does he… Guessing we’re concentrating on the league then 😅

My only complaint is the (probable) 3 at the back again, other than that what are the alternatives? 

Stu is likely injured as is ABK and at least he's dropped Elyounoussi. People will moan whatever the lineup is because we have shit players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

I hope that's true about Stuart :)

It's obviously true. Anyone watching him the other night would have seen him grimacing and trotting about after he did a short burst and he took a yellow card because he was unable to chase back. 

3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

My only complaint is the (probable) 3 at the back again, other than that what are the alternatives? 

Stu is likely injured as is ABK and at least he's dropped Elyounoussi. People will moan whatever the lineup is because we have shit players.

I understand the “he’s damned whoever he picks” situation. 
But it’s clear in the past two weeks that Lyanco, AMN and Aribo aren’t up to it. Would rather we played Payne, Diallo and literally anyone from the streets that can run about a bit. 😅

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

what's the formation, is it a return to the 4-2-2-2?

If not, I am struggling to understand how a central midfield of JWP, Aribo and Edozie works.

I guess all will become clear shortly.

It'll change every 15 minutes. I'm sure 4-2-2-2 will be used at some stage as will the Xmas tree, the diamond and any other formation available to man.

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

what's the formation, is it a return to the 4-2-2-2?

If not, I am struggling to understand how a central midfield of JWP, Aribo and Edozie works.

I guess all will become clear shortly.

5-2-3 I'd guess? Unless he is putting Lyanco in midfield. Midfield 2 is anyone's guess though.

6 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

4-2-3-1 today 

Nope, from kick off they lined up 3-4-3 

edozie jwp amn Perraud 

Aribo Adams Adarma 

Absolute credit to everyone thats gone up. Fans sound loud. Amazing, amazing support considering everything 

Edited by Osvaldorama

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic