Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!

JRM

That's one of the most ridiculous free kicks i've seen. So flukey. Bad defending and keeping, and the wind has caught it. Was a cross from like 35yards out on the wing... Right in the corner... They all count i guess.

Edited by Saint86

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

That's one of the most ridiculous free kicks i've seen. So flukey. Bad defending and keeping, and the wind has caught it. Was a cross from like 35yards out on the wing... Right in the corner... They all count i guess.

It wasn’t even that good a delivery, none of our players were challenging for it in the air. Just Ward I think jumping and not making the header and their keeper having an absolute ricket.

It’s the only thing of note in another terrible half of Jonesball. We are a genuinely awful side to watch.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Didnt Wigan win the cup while going down? Hull nearly did too. And Birmingham wo the league cup whilst going down.

Did Middlesbrough get to both fa cup and league cup finals in the same season and went down.

Well this could go one of three ways now...

...we collapse back into the team we have seen for the last five games and lose. Season over unless we do something 'drastic'.

...we somehow build confidence, remember how to "do football" play like a team in the second half and the entire season turns on a flukey goal.

...Draw. Sack Jones. Replay at home with an actual manager and an actual team.

Or, you know, a completely different outcome too.

Love the travelling fans today, as always, supporting the team in full voice and letting the manager know exactly what we all think at the right time too.

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

It’s the only thing of note in another terrible half of Jonesball. We are a genuinely awful side to watch.

What does Jonesball mean?

If this game is judged in isolation, we passed out from the back and kept it short. 

Don't get me wrong, we haven't played well, but aren't you giving NJ stick here for playing hoofball, when we aren't doing that/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polaroid Saint said:

Well this could go one of three ways now...

...we collapse back into the team we have seen for the last five games and lose. Season over unless we do something 'drastic'.

...we somehow build confidence, remember how to "do football" play like a team in the second half and the entire season turns on a flukey goal.

...Draw. Sack Jones. Replay at home with an actual manager and an actual team.

Or, you know, a completely different outcome too.

Love the travelling fans today, as always, supporting the team in full voice and letting the manager know exactly what we all think at the right time too.

That’ll do for me TBH

• Like 1

Terrible first half of the first half but we definitely improved as it went on. Gained more possession, started moving the ball a bit quicker and playing in their half more.

Still not creating much, hopefully the addition of Orsic will help change that.

One thing we are so poor at is passing out of defence. Caleta Car is the least bad at it but Salisu just gives the ball away so easily it's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

we started with a back 4

yep. its clearly four at the back, AMN and JWP in front. Edozie and Armstrong playing as wingers, Aribo floating in the hole, Che up front. A formation many on have called for.

• Like 1

Just now, Chez said:

What does Jonesball mean?

If this game is judged in isolation, we passed out from the back and kept it short. 

Don't get me wrong, we haven't played well, but aren't you giving NJ stick here for playing hoofball, when we aren't doing that/

Agree. It’s down to the players today, we’re not playing hoof ball and the formation is about right.

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

Didnt Wigan win the cup while going down? Hull nearly did too. And Birmingham wo the league cup whilst going down.

Seem to remember Leicester, Brighton and not forgetting Pompey all reaching the FA Cup final in a relegation season…..

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic