Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!

JRM

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

From what I’ve listened to on Solent it’s still been a horrendous game of football.

The only time I’ve agreed with Jo Tessem this season 🤣

Slightly unfair. The first half was definitely horrendous from a saints point of view. Too slow, too ponderous,  no zip in defence or in possession, just looked a bit clueless when trying to go forward. Definitely much fewer long hopeless balls but just an ugly brand of football again where the team just don’t seem to know what each other are doing, all too familiar under Jones thus far.

Second half better, a bit more cohesion in possession. Palace have been shit this half, whether that’s through saints getting tighter, maybe.

Overall a good result, an untidy game, a little bit of optimism but a lot more improvement needed.

• Like 8

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Enjoyed listening to this commentator tbf, much better without a twatty co-com like on the Forest game

If you had the same stream as me on Wednesday, it really didn’t help that the co-commentator was ex Forest (Birtles). Unbearable. 

We at least like having a bit more steel about us, not afraid to put a boot in or play a bit dirty. We’ve been far too nice for far too long. 

We’re deffo a far better team in this shape today. But we knew that already and don’t think he’ll ever be able to justify why he didn’t go with it against Forest.

Have enjoyed watch DCC at the back. If all fit, ABK and DCC would be might pick of the back two. 

• Like 4

Win

Woeful 1st half and the game probably should have been over when they hit the bar.

Much better 2nd half with some decent football.  Still needed their keeper to literally chuck 2 in the next for us, as we barely threatened.

Edozie was busy, Lyanco to his credit was decent at RB.

Much better when we dont start with 5 at the back against a side that is also not the best

14 hours ago, CB Fry said:

This is what I am expecting. Palace have got their own issues with consisency. So a dreadful match and we bundle through 2-1 or something and then we are stuck with him until bloody Easter.

Well, I called that at least. Although the game wasn't dreadful, we were OK in the second half 👍

If so called fans are going to moan that we won, that we were lucky and that Jones should still go then they should start looking for another team.

It's early days and who can predict but that was a better performance, not great, but a definite improvement.

COYR

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, chi saint said:

If so called fans are going to moan that we won, that we were lucky and that Jones should still go then they should start looking for another team.

It's early days and who can predict but that was a better performance, not great, but a definite improvement.

COYR

Utter garbage

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic