Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!

JRM

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Seriously, save the £35 and spend it on 'uppers' once you find out the score ;) 

Ha!! We already have paramount, so just trying to get maximum value on it. Just need to find a VPN with free Oz access. 

Strong team, sensible to rest KWP and Lavia.

Assume its a back 3 with AMN at RWB but could be a back 4 with Lyanco at RB.

Lets hope for a marked improvement as I don't think Jones will be sacked regardless.

For those slagging off the selection, genuinely why?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Good to see a couple of nippers (home grown) on the bench.. No idea what the formation will be with that line-up. No Stuart Armstrong?

Those nippers played an hour last night for the B team. Very odd that they're featuring today. 

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Have you watched our last few outings with a back 3 ? Better a flat 4 with DCC and Salisu, Lyanco nowhere near the pitch, and an extra body in what looks a very weak midfield.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, saintjimbo83 said:

3 at the back yet again. This guy really is an absolute clown. Lyanco is the same level as Jones, which is probably why he likes him. Red card for lyanco today and Bazunu mistake. Thank god I gave away my ticket today 

Could be 4, with Lyanco at RB?   Imagine him against Zaha either way 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Lets hope for a marked improvement as I don't think Jones will be sacked regardless.

Happens every game even before NJ -  that’s pick of the toys he has in the box, which shows exactly where we are. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Have you watched our last few outings with a back 3 ? Better a flat 4 with DCC and Salisu, Lyanco nowhere near the pitch, and an extra body in what looks a very weak midfield.

And I know people will give it the ‘they’re only 16, I played 4 games in a weekend once’ stuff, but I’m not sure it’s a good look. 

Edit - This should have been in reply to the post from Egg

Edited by LGTL

1 minute ago, davefizzy14 said:

Where is Stuart Armstrong? I'm really hoping it's not five at the back again! Good plan to rest both KWP and Lavia. 

Unless injured, I'd guess he's on the way out. Makes no sense to drop him and have Finnigan on the bench who played an hour last night. Weird. 

I don't get leaving Armstrong out completely unless he's going to start against Man City. Is this three centrbacks and AMN and Perrault as full backs or Lyanco at right back with AMN holding and Aribo and JWP in midfield. Probably the inflexible manager playing the three centrebacks. 

It's really amazing to watch the group pile-on - on Twitter even more than here. People, this is our team. If a couple of mistakes had been avoided in last couple games, and this exact same team was picked now, you'd see people going. "yup... reasonable."     The only big worry for me is: what's up with Stu? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Lyanco doesn't feature in strong teams.

Looking forward to further progress in the implementation of Jones-ball.

I am certain that this team selection will deliver to us what we are becoming accustomed too.

Predictions for the xHU numbers?*

(*Expected Hoofs Upfield).

5 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

Fucking Lyanco. What do we reckon, another 5 at the back? 

I must be the only one on this forum that thinks we play 3 at the back with 5 in midfield . Peraud and KWP/Niles standing on the halfway line, blocked in with no where to go, other than to chase a diagonal ball that opponents clear easily.

Clearly obvious that Peraud and JWP work better in a back four making overlapping runs, with the likes of Stu Armstrong in front of them.

But Jones tactics are just non existent. What is going on with the club ? Totally baffling.

Are some managers at such an elevated state of consciousness and knowledge (or the reverse) that they see something completely different from the rest of the world? Always wondered why things seem fairly obvious to us (if this is indeed a back 5, with no point in a midfield at all) but they seem to think something very different.

8 minutes ago, derry said:

I don't get leaving Armstrong out completely unless he's going to start against Man City. Is this three centrbacks and AMN and Perrault as full backs or Lyanco at right back with AMN holding and Aribo and JWP in midfield. Probably the inflexible manager playing the three centrebacks. 

There'll probably be 4 or 5 different formations as we get more and more desperate. One things for sure, with that midfield it's going to be another 90 minutes of lumping the ball as far forward as possible.

4 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

It's really amazing to watch the group pile-on - on Twitter even more than here. People, this is our team. If a couple of mistakes had been avoided in last couple games, and this exact same team was picked now, you'd see people going. "yup... reasonable."     The only big worry for me is: what's up with Stu? 

Is it amazing? He’s making very obvious errors time and again without learning. 

Hard to fault the fans outcry after recent performances. 

Although in Jone’s defence, it’s so hard to pick a team with the way everyone has been playing. Maybe he has left the midfield empty as a sign to the board. 

• Like 1

We are going to get so fucked over in midfield it’s ridiculous.

I guess Jones thinks we don’t need a midfield when we have the ball,as we just lump it for the centre half’s to clear.

Stu has niggles apparently so being rested.

Edited by northam soul

7 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

But they did make mistakes, and that’s kind of the point, they aren’t competent or committed enough. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Totally agree regarding Stu Armstrong, we’re a much better team with him in it.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic