Saints 1-0 Leicester - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

I’m sure he’s a nice bloke.  Unfortunately, he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

He does offer far more than goals though (thank God) - compare his average contribution to any other striker we've had since Ings and he's off the charts better.

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Bazunu is the biggest issue. We could absolutely nail our outfield choices but as long as the opponent's create shots on target we'll concede.

Totally agree about bazunu - it’s ridiculous he’s still in the team

• Like 1

Not bad that. Hopefully that'll be a 433. That's a nice combination on midfield.  Walcott has looked handy when he's played, and Sulemena will hopefully be much more productive left of a 3 rather than up top. KWP is a better left back than Perraud imo. Hard to make a case for Bednarek though. 

Just now, Saint86 said:

This is an absolutely must win game today. If we are going to have any chance of getting out of this we absolutely have to get a win today... doesn't matter how, but they have to get it done. 

Yep. Staying up is still possible with an out of this world miracle turn around in form, but it needs to happen now.

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

This is an absolutely must win game today. If we are going to have any chance of getting out of this we absolutely have to get a win today... doesn't matter how, but they have to get it done. 

We've been down for a while, I'm afraid. The Leeds result was the final nail in the coffin. We simply don't have the bollocks to turn it around.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Is this tall Paul fella shite then? I’ve not seen him play yet seems odd he’s dropped already 

Bit early for conclusive verdict but from minute one he ain't looked too clever imho. Very slow.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Is this tall Paul fella shite then? I’ve not seen him play yet seems odd he’s dropped already 

Yes, he's a reincarnation of Paul Moody , wouldn't surprise me if he never scores for us. File alongside Carillo 

I know football is all about opinions and we all  would choose different starting line-ups and formations, but what percentage of us would play Bednarek?? I think it would be such a low number, almost zero.

To cheer us up we should have a sweepstake what minute his first major f*** up will be in!

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

A win tonight and we are still in reach of safety. 
Oh… who the hell am I kidding. 
I hate football. I hate what my club has become. 

I reckon Saints will win today, we'll all get worked up just like before the Leeds game, then Man United will spank us 5-0 and we'll all be on suicide watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

A win tonight and we are still in reach of safety. 
Oh… who the hell am I kidding. 
I hate football. I hate what my club has become. 

This is the crazy thing. As shite as we have been, we're STILL not adrift. 

I said this week that win this game and somehow get a result against United and I'll have hope again. It won't happen, but that's the requirement for me to think it's possible again.

• Like 1

Just to avoid everyone asking for a stream, I'll drop this here.

17:30 Southampton x Leicester City | https://v2.sportsonline.su/channels/hd/hd1.php

17:30 Southampton x Leicester City | https://v2.sportsonline.su/channels/pt/eleven1.php

17:30 Southampton x Leicester City | https://v2.sportsonline.su/channels/bra/br2.php

(Wait until a couple mins before kick-off)

Edited by Saint NL

Think people are being harsh on Onuachu. He's come into a side that doesn't create chances and linked up well, that's about as much as can be expected. You can't expect a target man to be able to run rings around defences and create things himself. 

Until we see him have the kinds of chances Adams has wasted this season we won't know if he's any better.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic