Saints 1-0 Leicester - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

Struggling to care too much right now tbh, as I've all but given up, but if we have any chance at all, this is a must win  A very annoying 17:30 kick off, means it takes up your evening as well.

We have about 400 first team players and about 5 that are good enough for this league. Back to basics, try and stick out our best XI players, and give ourselves a chance to get a result.  Possibly go with any of Djenepo, Walcott, Elyounoussi, either Armstrong, or Orsic alongside Adams and Sulemena. They're all pretty shite.

Macca / Caballero

KWP ABK Salisu Perraud

JWP Lavia Alcaraz

SArmstrong Adams Sulemena

Edited by Saint Garrett

29 minutes ago, The Cat said:

No place in tonight's squad for Vestergaard again, even with them resting a few.

Had a look and him and Bertrand have played 14 games between them for Leicester, all last season. What great signings!

Vestergaard was offered a transfer back to Germany on loan in January and turned it down as he'd wife had just given birth to their second child; and honestly I don't blame him. He even went on record with some media outlet saying words to the effect of "Why would I leave my family? I have a contract, it's their choice if they don't want to play me".

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

9 hours ago, Andrew Watson said:

Blackburn out fought and out played them for 65 minutes then hung on. Have our fragile luvs got it in them to out fight anyone in the premier league. Not a good time to play them either,they are due a win, which I expect they will get on saturday.

Leicester looked really poor for most of the game last night..... so we all know how that will go on Saturday 

• Like 1

As an aside, I play that Squads game were you get drawn random players and if they score you win some money.

First two players drawn this week were:

p4TYjMZ.jpg

It's a case of "what could have been" versus reality.

Who will win me that 10p?

6 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Bad news is that Maddison is likely to be fit for the visit.

I still have the awful memory of him being outstanding in that wet and cold day when we were mullered in the home 9-0 defeat.

Painful how close we were to signing him as well. The exact player we've been crying out for over the last few years.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Leicester - Saturday 5.30pm
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
20 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Here’s a horrible thought. What if we lose tomorrow in the Cup game - will that destroy what little confidence is left? We seem so fragile at the moment I can honestly see things turning really sour midway in the first half.

Don't worry. It can't possibly happen. It's only Grimsby: at our place.

• Sad 1

Just now, Wiggles31 said:

Any season ticket holders like me not bothering to go?  

I’m not going - my 6 year old wants to support another team already. I hoped they get thoroughly booed when they show up on the pitch on Saturday 

16 minutes ago, Wiggles31 said:

Any season ticket holders like me not bothering to go?  

i’m going but if we continue losing soullessly I may give it a rest. I have a lot of work to do and don’t really give a shit about football anymore, certainly won’t get a ST next season, though moaning on SWF is fun.

Just now, skintsaint said:

0-4 loss.

The players owe us a performance but its pretty obvious they don't give a toss.

Them and our much fabled recruitment team do not deserve the grace we’ve given them over the past few years. Utter wasters.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, most of the players who played today won't start, other than Lavia and KWP.

No idea what the team should be tbh. I'd go with this

I'd play McCarthy but we know Bazunu will start unfortunately

KWP Salisu AMK Perraud

JWP Lavia Alcaraz

Sulemana Ohunachu Armstrong

6 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Let's be honest, most of the players who played today won't start, other than Lavia and KWP.

KWP Salisu AMK Perraud

JWP Lavia Alcaraz

433 looks like it suits our players. Unfortunately Selles is obsessed with Ralph's failed 4222. 

• Like 2

Going on Sat with very low expectations - was hoping they would at least throw everything at it as their cup final, but after seeing Leeds and that I just don’t think they have it in them.

as for the team, it actually doesn’t seem to make much difference who they play in terms of any attacking threat. Adams has to play it fit - he’s not good enough but at least makes things happen. I’d go with

macca

kwp ABK Salisu Perraud

lavia kwp

Armstrong Alcaraz  sulemana

Adams

Tall Pall to come on for last 30m for a bit of route 1 when we chase the game after making some defensive howler or two. If Adams and Salisu still injured then I guess Tall Pall and Bednerak (I mean you can’t play cc after that)

• Like 1

KWP Salisu AMK Perraud

JWP Lavia Alcaraz

A serious question for anyone going on Saturday.

Why?

Honestly is it a drug that you feel you have to go as you’ve paid for your ticket or maybe it’s because you enjoy meeting your mates for a pint etc.

We have the worse home record for two seasons in the football league. The players are utter fucking useless that are coached by yet another shit manager who was selected by a bunch of knobs that operate the football club.

WHAT’S THE POINT OF GOING?

0-2 Leicester

Edited by Pilchards
Forgot to put ‘fucking’ in there!
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

KWP Salisu AMK Perraud

JWP Lavia Alcaraz

YES that team looks good on paper. A lot of very good players. But as a team it doesn't work. Something deeply wrong with the coaching because everyone is under performing. They look  like strangers to each other 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dellman said:

YES that team looks good on paper. A lot of very good players. But as a team it doesn't work. Something deeply wrong with the coaching because everyone is under performing. They look  like strangers to each other 

I am not going to argue with you about the need to be a team and the quality of the coaching, but it could be argued that we have the worst keeper in the league. Worst left back in the league. Worst attacking midfielders in the league and worst strikers in the league. 

Just now, Chez said:

I am not going to argue with you about the need to be a team and the quality of the coaching, but it could be argued that we have the worst keeper in the league. Worst left back in the league. Worst attacking midfielders in the league and worst strikers in the league. 

Nope, it couldn't.  We do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chez said:

Agree with all that, except the bit about Perraud. He’s not the cause of why we’re so shit in any way and in my opinion, he’s as good as any other bottom 8 team LB’s.

In terms of a prediction…it will be Saints 0 (we can’t score) - Leicester 2 (they’re not much at the moment).

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic