Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

20 players gone in a summer is one hell of a reset

Yep, bloody brilliant isn't it. There's been a massive reset behind the scenes too. The whole club has been shaken up from top to bottom.  Long overdue. 

• Like 30

Not fussed if ABK goes, more than happy with Harwood-Bellis coming in.

Sulemana would be an added bonus to keep around, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we somehow got the fee we're asking for.

KWP and Che at this late stage would put a dent in the promotion push for sure. Che because his replacement is injured and KWP because we can't go from having the two best RB's in the league to Ben Johnson and James Bree in one window.

Any of the other rumoured outgoings are good news to me; Djenepo, Mara, Onuachu etc...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

This is my last post as my 3 is up.

I said last week that Mara and Adams are planning to be leaving if we had suitable offers. In fact it looks like it was us that were offering them to clubs in the end because they don’t want anyone at the club that don’t want to be there anymore.

Everyone has a price on their heads and many actually reached the target they wanted.

6 out from now and 4 in as I repeated last weekend. I have a great source :D

That makes it 21 players out in total which I was told in May.

PS and yes Wilcox is a genius if he pulls it off as it looks like we have a better team to challenge for the title plus maintain it in the EPL next season.

6 out from now?

Sully

Che

ABK

Mara

KWP

Onuachu (please)

4 in?

Stewart

Roberts

THB

A right back

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

20 players gone in a summer is one hell of a reset

So far it’s 13 senior first team players: Caballero, Theo, Elmo end of contract; DCC, Perraud, Lyanco loaned out; Tino, Orsic, Salisu, JWP, Lavia, Diallo, Tella sold. The rest are the likes of Dan Nlundulu and Kegs Chauke.

Of those gone I’m only sorry to say goodbye to 4 or 5 of them, it’s been a good reset and was entirely predictable.

• Like 1

Can't say the club haven't learned from last summer's mistakes either. I pointed our the other day they're all the manager's signing's as opposed to this time last year.

As well as this, we haven't gambled on a load of kids. Manning, Downes, Fraser, Holgate, potential Stewart, Roberts and Harwood-Bellis all have good Championship experience and some have Premier League also. 

Only first team signing that fits the young, hungry.... spiel is Charles and he has fitted right into the team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Any news on Taylor bellis- seems to have gone quiet. We still expecting it to happen?

He came down to Southampton, had a wander round Weston and a stroll across the Itchen Bridge, and thought 'fuck this shit' and legged it

• Haha 1

I love what Ballard has done for the B team, kid seems like a natural finisher, but we're going into one of the most important seasons in recent memory (where we need to get promoted or we will likely lose many more of the bits of talent we have next summer) and relying on him as a third striker would be risky. If Che, Mara and Onuachu leaves we need another striker in with Stewart or we won't have enough fire power at least until January.

Got I'm going to have to watch SSN tomorrow now. 

16 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Can't say the club haven't learned from last summer's mistakes either. I pointed our the other day they're all the manager's signing's as opposed to this time last year.

As well as this, we haven't gambled on a load of kids. Manning, Downes, Fraser, Holgate, potential Stewart, Roberts and Harwood-Bellis all have good Championship experience and some have Premier League also. 

Only first team signing that fits the young, hungry.... spiel is Charles and he has fitted right into the team.

It's almost like when you have people who understand football making football decisions rather than marketing people etc then there is a chance they'll make the right calls.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's going to be tough for him to get in the team every week with THB and Stephens seemingly nailed on and Holgate in the background. 

Problem is, if we sell Bednarek, ABK, Adams & Mara on deadline day then we will need 4 players to replace them. 

THB, Stewart and two others?

Edited by Harry_SFC

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

Hmm... he would only name-drop KWP and Bednarek if he had some inside info (IMO)...

I think it’s just because they’ve been two of the ones expected to go all summer. 

Bednarek is getting more and more likely for me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trousers said:

Hmm... he would only name-drop KWP and Bednarek if he had some inside info (IMO)...

If we get Bellis and Wood then I wouldn't be surprised to see Bednarek go (I take it for granted that ABK is going). Bednarek is part of the past, and I don't think is part of our future. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, trousers said:

Think there is a definitely a chance that Bednarek goes, but (apart from experience) he wouldn’t be a massive miss. 

Been the same with KWP all summer, he has his fee on his head, and club will accept it if someone gets there, not sure if timeline affects that one, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ended up somewhere, no one had come in for him as of yesterday evening though…! 

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Think there is a definitely a chance that Bednarek goes, but (apart from experience) he wouldn’t be a massive miss. 

Been the same with KWP all summer, he has his fee on his head, and club will accept it if someone gets there, not sure if timeline affects that one, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ended up somewhere, no one had come in for him as of yesterday evening though…! 

Be madness to let KWP go this late in the window. 

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Do you reckon we would look to replace Bednarek or use Charles as the 4th CB? 

9 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

100%. That is a club sanctioned leak to soften the blow imo. 

Doubt it. Knowing about it in advance would make it harder to be excited with the new signings. Plus, if it came out of the blue, they could just say "Well, it was too good to turn down" and make out like it was a panic buy from the other club.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I've only seen Charles at CB for the Bournemouth pre-season friendly. He was way out of his depth. One game out-of-position is not a great base for judgement, appreciated, but I didn't see anything to suggest he could fill that role in that game. 

1 minute ago, Greenridge said:

I've only seen Charles at CB for the Bournemouth pre-season friendly. He was way out of his depth. One game out-of-position is not a great base for judgement, appreciated, but I didn't see anything to suggest he could fill that role in that game. 

Looked alright in the last game. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SaintLondon said:

I’ve a nasty feeling we’ve sanctioned the Che & Mara deals without replacements and SR and banking on being able to find a striker last minute.. Tall Paul all over again… 

The football people in charge are too smart to let that happen. It's not the same as last year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if either were the case tbh, think they also rate Awe pretty highly, despite him being initially signed for the 23s. 

also wouldn’t surprise me if we signed Wood and TB.