Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

In fairness, I think there are at least 10 really decent sides in the PL now, with the emergance of Villa and arguably brighton.

I do hink brighton's time at the best of the rest will die off very quickly though, much like we did. 

You’re right I forgot about Villa. I fully expect their best players to get picked off again though it happened a few years ago when they finished 6th 3 seasons in a row under Martin O’Neill, in a couple of years they’ll be back to struggling and I agree with you about Brighton. 

Chelsea will be stronger this season but if Spurs lose Kane then they’ll be significantly weakened. From 7th down there really isn’t and awful lot of quality 

2 hours ago, Maggie May said:

A post on the Burnley forum:

“Pace's daughter has been contacting people on social media asking them to post '#freetella' content as part of a campaign to, in her words, "persuade Southampton to loosen their grip of him“

Absolutely hilarious. 

It doesn't get much more small time than that. Utterly embarrassing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

However, West Ham, who are willing to include Downes as part of a deal with Southampton, are reluctant to pay over the odds. They see no resale value in Ward-Prowse given he will be 29 in November and have concerns over meeting his wages of about £100,000 a week.

this a quote from the guardian, Interesting that they are offering Downes as part of the deal.

When I read a report suggesting Downes is possibly part of the JWP deal, I struggle to believe it. I don't think they want to sell him or he wants to go. Feels like football journalism by numbers.

• Like 2

You can get JWP to stay at 11/2 on SkyBet if that news has made anyone a bit more confident.

Personally I think he'll still go even if it isn't West Ham. Unfortunately the lure of the EURO 2024 dream will prove too much and he'll take a bang average move like Fulham.

3 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Well I'm not apart from that, So its annoying for those that don't know.they 

Don’t hate the players hate the game. Look at the bitterness when it was mentioned today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

You can get JWP to stay at 11/2 on SkyBet if that news has made anyone a bit more confident.

Personally I think he'll still go even if it isn't West Ham. Unfortunately the lure of the EURO 2024 dream will prove too much and he'll take a bang average move like Fulham.

Won't be going anywhere unless a club pays what we want.

Just now, Chez said:

Is that still £52m as I think was reported a little earlier in the summer?

Absolutely not, the noises from the club want £40Million. Personally If we get 35, I think we will accept depending on the structure of the deal.

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

When I read a report suggesting Downes is possibly part of the JWP deal, I struggle to believe it. I don't think they want to sell him or he wants to go. Feels like football journalism by numbers.

I imagine there was a bit of a conversation but I think Downes wants to try his luck for WHU this year, doubt he’ll move until late or Jan

31 minutes ago, Dman said:

Funny enough, I was thinking earlier about next season and who was in danger and it made me realise how poor the PL will be next season It seems to get weaker year by year. 

I can't for the life of me see a world where Luton or Sheff Utd stay up - Neither have really added a great deal of quality to their squads and in Sheff U case, they're even weaker than last season. 

Luton, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Bournemouth, Forest, Everton are at least 5 really weak sides. I thought Bournemoth would be in real trouble after the friendly as I was really uninpressed, but I genuinely think it'll be harder than not to g down next season. 

I'm going for Luton to get the lowest ever point total, if they don'y Sheff Utd will. 

I agree, in so much as I think the three teams that went up will probably go down (although if anyone has a shot of survival it'll be Burnley) BUT I disagree that it gets weaker year on year. I said at the start of last season that the three teams that got promoted would be strong, and sure enough they all stayed up. (And somehow Everton still fluked themselves out of it). It's only weaker this season because the three teams that got promoted were a bit of a surprise, and are noticeable weaker on paper than the established Prem clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

He isn't good enough for England. At least 8 English midfielders better than him

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Think Lavia will be a Liverpool player by the weekend. 

Fabinho's been unveiled at Al Ittihad, Henderson also gone, I wouldn't be surprised to hear some news tomorrow.

Gone quiet on Salisu, I thought he had his medical at Monaco today? 

1 minute ago, Sfcphilc said:

Think Lavia will be a Liverpool player by the weekend. 

Fabinho's been unveiled at Al Ittihad, Henderson also gone, I wouldn't be surprised to hear some news tomorrow.

Gone quiet on Salisu, I thought he had his medical at Monaco today? 

I reckon both will be confirmed by Wednesday. Rapid movement on players coming on by the weekend, ready for Norwich, if not Gillingham. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how fast incomings follow once we sell a couple of players soon (Salisu and Lavia seem most probable). Martin insinuated we have targets lined up and these players are patiently waiting for us to make concrete moves once we make space in the squad. Once other clubs know we have sold players for big fees this could in theory prolong negotiations. 

19 minutes ago, Streaky said:

He isn't good enough for England. At least 8 English midfielders better than him

Completely agree he's not good enough. That won't be the mindset of a professional footballer though, who'll be thinking that staying in the Championship completely removes the chance.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

You would imagine if he's open to moving to another championship team then we'd be front of the queue. Shit out of luck if his heart is set on Italy though. 

Yeah, can't say I'd blame him either, Plenty of really good teams there that would take him. Lazio for me springs to mind.

1 minute ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Yeah, can't say I'd blame him either, Plenty of really good teams there that would take him. Lazio for me springs to mind.

I still haven't seen any solid links to him. My guess is we will get some unknown from abroad or a youngster (probably from city.)

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I still haven't seen any solid links to him. My guess is we will get some unknown from abroad or a youngster (probably from city.)

I don't think we will be approaching City for a striker tbh, personally if it isn't Piroe then wonder if we go in for that Hooidunk who we were linked to earlier in the window.

5 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I don't think we will be approaching City for a striker tbh, personally if it isn't Piroe then wonder if we go in for that Hooidunk who we were linked to earlier in the window.

Well that would be the unknown from abroad then. It's a fair bit of a gamble that it will work out in the championship. If we don't go for Piroe, you'd hope it would be because he doesn't want to come here rather than us not trying. 

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Absolutely not, the noises from the club want £40Million. Personally If we get 35, I think we will accept depending on the structure of the deal.

Noises from the club'? What noises from the club?

There have been so many stories written in the press about JWP departing. How do you know which is accurate? Which one is backed by 'noises made by the club', should they even exist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Noises from the club'? What noises from the club?

There have been so many stories written in the press about JWP departing. How do you know which is accurate? Which one is backed by 'noises made by the club', should they even exist.

I guess if you are in Turkish's circle of trust, you would know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I guess if you are in Turkish's circle of trust, you would know.

We've found an imposter. The C-O-T never mentioned JWP values. In fact that was a red herring planted to expose those stepping outside the C-O-T. Someone is going to get kicked out. 

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

First one to give us 60 million for Lavia can have him.