Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

That's incredibly unprofessional from the Burnley chairman. Even if it is effectively a done deal, shouldn't be putting out stuff like that before an official announcement.

Not too bothered personally whether we keep Tella or not as long as we get a good fee for him. Until Burnley are willing to pay that then they should shut up tbh.

I would be bothered. He had a brilliant season last time out, in this very league, and he will cost us £0 in terms of transfer fee

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What kind of retard posts a video of themselves on social media breaking the law?

https://www.mylawyer.co.uk/graffiti-and-fly-posting-a-A76076D35092/

£75 fine incoming for her and up to £2500 for her old man.

Definitely looks like it's going to plan :mcinnes:

A low rent naïve retard.  Fair play to Tella if he wants in on that, let's see where things are in a year's time.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Joel Piroe wants to move to Italy next summer and is ready to see out his contract at Swansea City.

Is that like me saying "I want to bang Scarlett Johansson next summer, but I'll stay with my missus until then"?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, CSA96 said:

Burnley chairman's daughter posting this and the chairman sharing it too.

Should just tell them to jog on at this point.

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

That Tella video is cringey shit and I really hope we tell Burnley to fuck right off

After that video that’s exactly the response we should give. Or tell them it’s now £20m .., 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 23rdSaint said:

From memory, his attempts to buy the club were stopped because Katharina used her veto due to the fact he could only carry out a leveraged buyout and was just fronting an investment group which would need to fundraise, rather than having a sole investor like Sport Republic / Dragan Solak.

He was pretty heavily criticised for the amount of debt he loaded onto Burnley in the process of that takeover and by all accounts, last season was shit-or-bust in terms of getting promotion. Got away with it, though.

• Like 4

Damn, Burnley became more embarrassing than the big four over night and they have no substance to back it up.

We'll have switched places with them in a year's time and probably spend a few million to try and keep us in the Premier League and secure our targets, rather than looking for handouts.

• Like 1

Burnley will be successful only if they manage to keep hold of their manager. I suggest that when he goes they will plummet. 

I didnt see much of Tella last season and so cant judge if he is a star for the PL or not 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

From memory, his attempts to buy the club were stopped because Katharina used her veto due to the fact he could only carry out a leveraged buyout and was just fronting an investment group which would need to fundraise, rather than having a sole investor like Sport Republic / Dragan Solak.

He was pretty heavily criticised for the amount of debt he loaded onto Burnley in the process of that takeover and by all accounts, last season was shit-or-bust in terms of getting promotion. Got away with it, though.

Good for Katharina.  As a football chairman, he's doing a very good job so far.  (This video excepted!)  But as an "investor", he has taken over £100m out of the club for his own personal use (ie. paying for his shares) and is costing the club about £10m per year in interest and fees.  Swings and roundabouts.

He's borrowed big again for this year; presumably because it is low risk for huge rewards, and if the club goes bust he hasn't lost much.  Potentially scary stuff.

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Good for Katharina.  As a football chairman, he's doing a very good job so far.  (This video excepted!)  But as an "investor", he has taken over £100m out of the club for his own personal use (ie. paying for his shares) and is costing the club about £10m per year in interest and fees.  Swings and roundabouts.

He's borrowed big again for this year; presumably because it is low risk for huge rewards, and if the club goes bust he hasn't lost much.  Potentially scary stuff.

Obafemi for a couple of million and Redmond on a free aren't going to set the prem on fire mate

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

He can walk away with what he has ‘earned’ while the fans suffer the consequences if it goes wrong.  

what are Burnley fans view on this Tella video and opening bid of 9m?

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

I think that’s the idea, Aarons targeted if Livramento goes for big money. Aarons can play both sides and a link to Martin as he broke through as a kid into Norwich’s defence whilst Martin still a key part of it. Good news therefore is that there is some inside knowledge - always a valuable commodity in assessing character, ability and fit.  

Aaron's joined Norwich from Luton in the summer of 2018 and Martin left Norwich that summer. I guess they may have done one preseason together.

4 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

He can walk away with what he has ‘earned’ while the fans suffer the consequences if it goes wrong.  

what are Burnley fans view on this Tella video and opening bid of 9m?

Don’t go on Twitter they are whinging like fuck. It’s quite sad. They seem to have forgotten they are playing in the EPL soon.

Distinct lack of excitement. 

Edited by manji

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

If Tella is still here on Friday then Burnley have become the most cringe club in existence. 

"Noddy" surely? Or is that now passe? I need to be able to keep up with these things......crunge? Crange? Oh.....hang on.....Cringe!! I think that I have got it!!!😁

Just now, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

If you think about it, even if the deal is done, that is still cringeworthy and disrespectful. Expect that kind of thing from fans but not from owners of the clubs involved

Absolutely but it's slightly more understandable if it's part of one of those welcome to Burnley type campaigns because he's signing in the next day or two. Given that W have heard nothing about fee agreements or medicals that seems unlikely. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If Tella is still here on Friday then Burnley have become the most cringe club in existence. 

If Tella goes, I reckon it will be a last min deal unfortunately! Regardless of that, Burnley will forever be the Cringe club now! Problem is all clubs get them, we had ours when Wilde et al were looking at club, all those posts on the Saints forum, trying to be a fan. There was a Tony something as well constantly posting, bottom line that had no chance of getting club or a pot to piss in. Proper Chairmen/owners stay schtum and get on with business in a professional manner.

Edited by dankiz15
spelling
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Oh heck. I didn’t like the look of it when they were linked to SFC. But worse than I thought, Garlick selling to them after years of being careful and parsimonious was a bit odd. Well done to Pace on appointing Kompany which got you straight back. He’ll have to use some of those new borrowings for Tella as I can’t see him going for less than £15-18m, especially as Lavia about to be sold for nearly £50m, Salisu for £12-15m (depending on the outlet) to Monaco and possibly JWP to West Ham for £25-30m. 

7 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Oh heck. I didn’t like the look of it when they were linked to SFC. But worse than I thought, Garlick selling to them after years of being careful and parsimonious was a bit odd. Well done to Pace on appointing Kompany which got you straight back. He’ll have to use some of those new borrowings for Tella as I can’t see him going for less than £15-18m, especially as Lavia about to be sold for nearly £50m, Salisu for £12-15m (depending on the outlet) to Monaco and possibly JWP to West Ham for £25-30m. 

Maybe we can lend them some money for the season. Reasonable interest rates of course ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

ABK: 90% - not heard of over pre season so unless he has a bad injury assume he will be going

Hamstring injury (tear?) at the end of last season at Forest. (Or "bottled it", if you're that way inclined).

Was shown at the club before pre season even started, presumably rehabbing the injury, and featured in training pictures on the website during squad gym sessions once everyone was back.

Hasn't been seen out on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I can only dream of being a member of the circle of trust. Maybe one day ....

I wouldn't if it was you. It's actually code for the human centipede that Turkish is setting up with naive Saints fans desperate for a morsel of info. 

Sadly for them it won't be transfer rumours that they are consuming.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

I wouldn't if it was you. It's actually code for the human centipede that Turkish is setting up with naive Saints fans desperate for a morsel of info. 

Would that be known as 'Turkish Deshite'?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Obafemi for a couple of million and Redmond on a free aren't going to set the prem on fire mate

True enough.  Especailly as Obafemi is out injured to the new year.

I think the management are hoping that Amdouni, Trafford, Beyer, O'Shea, Loleosho, and Larsen will have some impact though.  Though as they are all centre halves or wingers (apart ftom the keeper) we might see some odd formations!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

I'll be disappointed in Saints and in Tella if he leaves - with his goals and experience of the Championship he should be a key player for us this year.  We sent him out on loan so he could get game time and improve - which is what he has done. So to sell him now makes no sense unless Burnley have offered a Gyorekes sized fee for him that was just too good to turn down.

I will still be disappointed though as Tella is a proven goal scorer at this level - and I don't see who we could replace him with that is also a proven goal scorer at this level.

But the Burnley Chairman's 'share' of that video on social media suggests its a done deal.  If not that is very unprofessional on his part.

Perraud was rumoured to be off before he got his injury at the end of last season - I think that has just delayed things. I still think he will leave. 

Also think Sulemana will be off - but probably at a small loss for us. Got the impression he thinks a lot of himself and that he's too good for the Championship.  But if you look at his stats he is all style and no real substance - he has virtually no end product - just a younger version of Djneppo.  So I wouldn't be too upset by that.  

KWP is probably out of sorts as he wants to leave - but I suspect there have not been any offers for him as yet.  He was pretty bad for us least season and that has probably come back to bite him now.  

Sulemana is significantly better than Djenepo, even though I do quite like Djenepo (but perhaps mainly for the 'did he mean to do that' moments which happen 3 times a match).

32 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Am I the pied piper of Saints web?

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Aaron's joined Norwich from Luton in the summer of 2018 and Martin left Norwich that summer. I guess they may have done one preseason together.

Think he was in Norwich academy from 2016, first team player from 2018, so a bit longer than that. 

We're looking at potentially Amo-Omeyaw (16), Bogarde (19), Charles (19), Edozie (20), Alcaraz (20), Livramento? (20), Mara (21), Sulemana? (21) and Bazunu (21) as players getting regular minutes for us next season. I'm just a little concerned we haven't learnt any lessons from last year.

Is it reasonable to expect these players to be consistent week in week out which is what will be necessary for a promotion push?

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Saints can easily take this cringe and out cringe it with ‘our’ Secret Southampton’ video mini-series and the ‘Stop the count’ merch. 

Bring on game 1 that’s the important bit see where we are.

Watched my lad Saturday 3pm first of 42. Should walk the league by a country mile after relegation last season. 

Lost 2-0, doesn’t matter what league or level, I came away thinking it’s all about heart and how much you want it. Ability helps but will is what gets you across the line.

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

ABK: 90% - not heard of over pre season so unless he has a bad injury assume he will be going

He dislocated his shoulder twice during the season so I am wondering whether he's had to have surgery on it.

If he did, then that's a 4-5 months recovery.

Odd we havent heard anything about him though

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Am I the pied piper of Saints web?

If by Pied Piper, you mean Jimmy Saville, then probably yes.

Now then now then, what have we here... a DM from a young Alex Law, aged 9 and 3/4, goodness gracious me... 

"deer jim, could you fix it for me to be in your circle of trust?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, iansums said:

Maybe I'm a sad old git too, but it does seem a bit pathetic all this circle of trust bollox. Back to the thread, I think it would be a real shame to lose Tella, I was looking forward to seeing him in a Saints shirt this season.

I find it amusing that people are wound up by it and have bitten. Bless em. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, egg said:

I find it amusing that people are wound up by it and have bitten. Bless em. 

Agreed. Not gunna lie, majority of the time I speed scroll this thread and only stop on posts with a tweet or screenshot. Not a clue what most of you are chatting on about half the time 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dan Johnson said:

He dislocated his shoulder twice during the season so I am wondering whether he's had to have surgery on it.

If he did, then that's a 4-5 months recovery.

Odd we havent heard anything about him though

He has been in Germany for most of the summer, as per his Instagram Stories. Slightly odd as we havent heard anything officially why, and he isnt hiding it.