Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

42 minutes ago, Dusic said:

I don't think bidding wars really happen these days as the bids are made to clubs usually once the player has already decided where to go, as in the case of Lavia.

If we are looking at getting £10-£15m for Adams who has a year left then I think the similar would be appropriate for Piroe.

Fairly surprised nobody has snapped Che up yet, especially with the amount of clubs rumoured and his supposed asking price.

10 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Fairly surprised nobody has snapped Che up yet, especially with the amount of clubs rumoured and his supposed asking price.

The fact we couldn't get him to sign a new contract suggests he probably wanted a shit load of wages, and seeing as he hasn't scored that many goals, perhaps he's not a 'no brainer' signing. If you were Wolves, for example, would you give him a three year £100k a week deal?

• Like 2

According to Nixon, Leeds are after Harwood-Bellis. Valued at £15m, was a stand out player for Burnely last season and captained England U21's this summer. 

If true, we should be all over it. Would be a great Salisu/DCC/ABK Replacement. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

According to Nixon, Leeds are after Harwood-Bellis. Valued at £15m, was a stand out player for Burnely last season and captained England U21's this summer. 

Surprised he's available to be honest, but I agree. Either him or McNally who was on loan at Coventry from Burnley. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dman said:

Absolutely, if he's available to the Championship again he should be the first name on our centre-back target list. Surprised Burnley haven't gone back in for him, or they're offering City £750k for him.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

The fact we couldn't get him to sign a new contract suggests he probably wanted a shit load of wages, and seeing as he hasn't scored that many goals, perhaps he's not a 'no brainer' signing. If you were Wolves, for example, would you give him a three year £100k a week deal?

Not sure Wolves are handing that out to anyone at the moment!

8 minutes ago, Dman said:

Completely agree.  Top prospect.  But, as I say with most of the City contingent, we have the guy who knows better than anyone if they can help us or not.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Obviously £17m was the headline last night, but £12.8m is still decent, IMO.

It's more than we paid for him & he's got a year left.  Good to finally shift one.

Ultimately we failed to get the most out of him both on the pitch and financially. 

3 hours ago, James said:

I think we need to move for Piroe. Sounds like Leeds interested too so getting him also takes him away from a potential promotion rival. We desperately need a striker and RM knows him well.

27 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Obviously £17m was the headline last night, but £12.8m is still decent, IMO.

It's more than we paid for him & he's got a year left.  Good to finally shift one.

Leeds can’t afford Piroe. We can if the trio of Mowbray, Wilcox and Martin agree to it.

Despite Wilcox’s contract recently being signed he’s been looking at players since January presumably with City’s approval.

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

Didn't Wilcox say something along the lines of: we have players that are PL quality, and we have players who think they are PL quality, and we have to manage both types for the rest of the window." I thought of Che, amongst others, in the latter category.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Dman said:

As a Man City Youth player will be on Wilcox radar and we will likely be all over it. 

Edited by Miltonaggro
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chez said:

Wolves have to sell to buy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

But, as I say with most of the City contingent, we have the guy who knows better than anyone if they can help us or not.

He knows how good they are. Obviously there is still a slight unknown as to if they can shine at senior level.

6 minutes ago, waylander said:

Wolves have to sell to buy

The Wolves part of my post isn't really the key thing, its whether the 7 or 8 Prem sides that have been linked see him (fee and wages) as worth the money. 

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Left footed but good finisher with his right foot also. Lots of goals from around the edge of the area.

When I have seen him play (just a few times) he strikes me as just being a good technical player rather than having any particularly standout physical attributes.

Certainly not a traditional no9, possibly a little similar in style (obviously not quality) to Robin van Persie.

If we do want him then you would think the Martin link would be a significant factor given his best goal returns have come under RM. Unless of course there is top level interest. One thing for sure, zero chance Swansea will allow him to run his contract down and leave for free next summer.

He looks like the focal point that our attack has been missing to me, able to finish well from distance, close in and one on one, a proper striker.  Only thing that will likely need work should he come to SFC is the tache and iffy goal celebration. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dman said:

interest in Harwood-Bellis, who captained England's under-21's to the European Championship trophy this summer, but a new club has emerged.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I cannot see any PL team he would potentially join this season or as a free next season offering that much. He’s just not worth it as a supporting striker. 

• Like 2

My personal opinion around Piroe is he is clearly a very good striker at this level, but the reported 20m fee is putting people off

He isn’t as polished as Gyokeres was, and he went for €20m to Sporting

I expect to see Piroe move, but it’ll be further towards the end of the season I think… he only has a year left on his contract and clearly Swansea are being stubborn or else we’d of seen movement on him already

I do wonder too.. Leeds have Bamford, Leicester have Vardy… both are seemingly being reasonably prudent in the window, do they see value in Piroe at 20m ?

Surely if any in the Champ were to look at him it’ll be us, we have the funds, the need and the relationship… and if so I am glad we’re looking at value elsewhere unless Swanseas asking price comes down

TBF … I think there is still a lot of movement still to happen in the window all over the place and I think a lot of moves are waiting for other transfers to happen… for instance I don’t expect Scott, Hamer etc to still be where they are in a week

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Surely if he was that good, he'd have by now at the age of 20? Even for a lower league club in a loan spell or something? 

There's an U21 league too, they've got to have some players for there.

Edited by Nolan

I think we need 3 big signings. CB, CM, and a CF. Would be nice to sign a keeper and a wide player too.

Harwood-Bellis, Grimes/Downes and Piroe. If we added those 3 to the spine of the team I'd be pretty confident on having a really good season. All 3 are proven Championship players who have the potential to do well in the Premier League as well. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Tella too. Didn't play for us until in his 20's. 

Good call. Just a different development strategy based on the player’s needs at the time. I do wonder if the other clubs in the SR stable will be used for easy loans but may depend on how the teams intend to play and the division they are in. 

3 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

interest in Harwood-Bellis, who captained England's under-21's to the European Championship trophy this summer, but a new club has emerged.

Maybe we’ve emerged now Salisu is confirmed?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Maybe we’ve emerged now Salisu is confirmed?

He'd be a great signing. Proven at this level, and lots of scope to improve. I'd imagine he'd be expensive though. 

36 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Would be a great signing, you would think a prem side might be interested though?

West Ham also linked.

As someone else said, You'd have though Burnley would have been in the driving seat.

19 minutes ago, egg said:

He'd be a great signing. Proven at this level, and lots of scope to improve. I'd imagine he'd be expensive though. 

£15m mentioned in articles. No doubt we'll do it with the usual buy back options.

Wonder how much Edwards would be from Peterborough, and which one we'd go for.

5 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

I reckon Che is probably third or fourth choice target for a few clubs - they've probably got other options.  I think that if he leaves then it'll probably be late in the window.

16 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I reckon Che is probably third or fourth choice target for a few clubs - they've probably got other options.  I think that if he leaves then it'll probably be late in the window.

Yeah, late deals very likely.  It’s the same when the big clubs decide who they want to loan out, too.

13 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Not all the ITKs have left.  Thanks for DM Turkish, Chatham House rules as always.

You’re welcome, the circle of trust is a tight group and only those know and trusted are part of it. Loose lips sink ships, if I shared my info on here publicly I would lose my source. To those in the circle of trust some very exciting news incoming this week. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1