Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You’re welcome, the circle of trust is a tight group and only those know and trusted are part of it. Loose lips sink ships, if I shared my info on here publicly I would lose my source. To those in the circle of trust some very exciting news incoming this week. 

👊 💣 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Based on last season I’d take Max Aaron’s over KWP.

He didn’t exactly light up the team last season.

I think KWP is better but if we could sell him and use a part of the money for Aarons, thus making a profit, I'd be happy with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CSA96 said:

Bit of a Non story that. Swansea want a deal that the players agents aren’t happy with, it goes on to say he could still leave if they get an acceptable offer. Sounds like agents trying to put pressure on Swansea to cash in while they can 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Bit of a Non story that. Swansea want a deal that the players agents aren’t happy with, it goes on to say he could still leave if they get an acceptable offer. Sounds like agents trying to put pressure on Swansea to cash in while they can 

If someone bids 15 million for him this summer, not a chance can they afford to turn that down. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Piroe is going to stay.

He is expected to stay, although he might yet leave.

Ok he might go if the price is right.

Exclusive!

What a load of old balls.

I reckon he'll come to us for 15 mill.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If someone bids 15 million for him this summer, not a chance can they afford to turn that down. 

Issue seems to be more with the agents.  Swansea new owners not wanting the deal that was agreed with the previous owners. They’d be mad to lose out on a very big transfer fee by championship standards.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Since Sports Republic are really a front for Man City development. 

Tell Wilcox get on the blower ASAP and bring in Palmer and Borges 

🤣🤣🤣

That’s exactly what they are, the Serbian arm of Man City

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Based on last season I’d take Max Aaron’s over KWP.

He didn’t exactly light up the team last season.

But would you take last season's Max Aarons over KWP? Because Norwich fans think he's been bang average for a long time and hasn't developed into anything like the player he was hyped up to become.

I wouldn't disparage Walker-Peters' worth for not "lighting up" the PL for one season in which everyone was poor (having previously been one of our leading lights), in comparison to someone who didn't light up the Championship and has never done well in the PL.

• Like 4

Seems now almost certain Livramento will go, and would personally be amazed if KWP is still here too in September.

On that basis, Aarons would be a decent replacment that fits our ethos and has previously been very highly rated. Despite being young he is also very experienced at this level.

At least it seems clear that Bree is only seen as backup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Seems now almost certain Livramento will go, and would personally be amazed if KWP is still here too in September.

On that basis, Aarons would be a decent replacment that fits our ethos and has previously been very highly rated. Despite being young he is also very experienced at this level.

Where do you get any certainty that Livramento will be leaving? There is a huge sell-on fee due to Chelsea if we sell him to anyone but them; and that is causing us to demand a large fee which most/all Premier League teams are not ready to meet. In addition, he has openly stated that he is happy to stay at Saints (though not averse either to a transfer).

While, there is clearly interest at the possibility of signing him for less than we are demanding, at present it looks unlikely that Saints will flinch much if at all from that amount and equally unlikely that anyone is going to stump up that much cash.

I won't say it won't happen because that would be foolish, but personally I think it remains far from certain that he will leave.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Yeah, the issue we have is Eddie AND Ashworth love Tino.  Newcastle are almost certain to stretch the cash to make it work, IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Bree certainly puts my back up!

18 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

But would you take last season's Max Aarons over KWP? Because Norwich fans think he's been bang average for a long time and hasn't developed into anything like the player he was hyped up to become.

I wouldn't disparage Walker-Peters' worth for not "lighting up" the PL for one season in which everyone was poor (having previously been one of our leading lights), in comparison to someone who didn't light up the Championship and has never done well in the PL.

Norwich fans dont think hes been bang average for a long time. More so they recognise that hes been playing in a very average Norwich team who badly underperformed last season. 

He was an ever present (bar being suspended in the semi final) for the England u21s who just won the European Championships.

Aarons was also linked with Bayern Munich, Barcelona and United as recently as last season so hes obviously a very good player.

I would have no issue selling KWP and bringing in Aarons.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Ahh fair… didn’t read the article.. I wouldn’t be completely against that if we can extract sufficient value out of Newcastle tbh

I think Tino is a great pkayer but I'm not sure he entirely fits the system we are looking to play. Given that, I'd be tempted to get Aarons in and take the hefty profit from Tino if Newcastle pay what we are asking. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think Tino is a great pkayer but I'm not sure he entirely fits the system we are looking to play. Given that, I'd be tempted to get Aarons in and take the hefty profit from Tino if Newcastle pay what we are asking. 

How much are they talking for Aarons? 1 year left on his contract good player at a good age but can’t see us moving for him unless Livramento and KWP move on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Chinny Reckon Chinny GIF - Chinny Reckon Chinny Reckon ...

Bit of an aside, but at school in the 80s (for those at school then) did everyone used to rub their chin and say “Jimmy Hill”…and if so was that when you didn’t believe someone?

can’t have just been our school. 
Apologies, completely off topic.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Bit of an aside, but at school in the 80s (for those at school then) did everyone used to rub their chin and say “Jimmy Hill”…and if so was that when you didn’t believe someone?

“Chinny reckon” at my school…

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How much are they talking for Aarons? 1 year left on his contract good player at a good age but can’t see us moving for him unless Livramento and KWP move on

Yes I'd assume we'd get him if the other two leave which I think will probably end up happening. For me we will be losing Lavia, jwp, Tino, Sulemana, Adams and maybe Tella. 

10 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Not quite the same, but in our family, "being in a chin" is akin to being in a bit of a moody!

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yes I'd assume we'd get him if the other two leave which I think will probably end up happening. For me we will be losing Lavia, jwp, Tino, Sulemana, Adams and maybe Tella. 

Perraud, Onuachu and maybe Mara, I think Sule or Tella will stay.. don’t think we’ll lose both

Im still on the fence about JWP… WHU seem the only choice atm and they know it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yeah I agree, although we seemed like we were pushing the FBs forward yesterday and not utilising them as inverted WB/CMs so.. dunno

Either way I think 40m or so for Tino is silly money for a guy with an ACLr

12 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Yeah I agree, although we seemed like we were pushing the FBs forward yesterday and not utilising them as inverted WB/CMs so.. dunno

Particularly because fullback isn't the most important position. If selling Tino allowed us to get a top striker, CB and midfielder along with Aarons then I'd say, that's money well spent. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Perraud, Onuachu and maybe Mara, I think Sule or Tella will stay.. don’t think we’ll lose both

Im still on the fence about JWP… WHU seem the only choice atm and they know it

Yeah but I didn't count Perraud and Onuachu because they aren't really close to the first 11. Not sure about Mara - not sure if I can see us selling two strikers which would leave us with Armstrong and maybe Ballard who I'm not sure will get a look in. 

It's unfortunate that we may be looking at half the team being changed in the next 4 weeks- makes a fair bit of preseason a bit pointless really but not much they can do I suppose. 

48 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I was talking in the stadium about how often the full backs were Central, both Tino and Manning spent time more than half way across the pitch. It was a noticeable change in positioning from previous seasons

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

I was talking in the stadium about how often the full backs were Central, both Tino and Manning spent time more than half way across the pitch. It was a noticeable change in positioning from previous seasons

I didn’t get to see the AZ game so I can’t really comment, I thought (maybe wrongly looking at your comment) that the FBs seemed higher in the highlights ?

What I noticed in the other friendlies though is that in transition the No.6 drops into the back 2 to create a 3 and the FBs tuck in infront of that… occasionally pushing wide for an overload.. the two ‘no.8s’ push forward into No.10 positions

A bit like this

IMG_8656.jpeg

• Haha 1

Wouldn't claim to be a tactical expert, but at times a fullback was taking the place where you have shown Smallbone, allowing him to go further forward. Not sure if it was a conscious fixed tactic or just FBs were given freedom to roam. 

Edited by West end Saints

I heard the Aarons link on Talksport. I’d be happy with him to replace Tino. As a Championship club, there aren’t many better we can get realistically. He’s stalled a bit at Norwich but has played a lot of games and he’s still only 23 and was recently in the a England U21 winning side. Been linked with big clubs in the past too. It’s a no brainer signing for me. I still think he’s Prem bound but I think it would be a bit of a coup for us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I didn’t get to see the AZ game so I can’t really comment, I thought (maybe wrongly looking at your comment) that the FBs seemed higher in the highlights ?

What I noticed in the other friendlies though is that in transition the No.6 drops into the back 2 to create a 3 and the FBs tuck in infront of that… occasionally pushing wide for an overload.. the two ‘no.8s’ push forward into No.10 positions

A bit like this

IMG_8656.jpeg

Not sure why George Burley didn't go with this. His players out of position could have wandered into their position.

P.s. Edozie and Tella are well offside.

Edited by benjii
  • Haha 2

I’d take Max Aarons of one of KWP or Tino were to leave, I wouldn’t get him as extra.
I think he’s a bit more flexible in the KWP role and can switch sides.

I’m still surprised that a week before the start of the season we haven’t shifted on Onuachu or Perraud.

And, I’m devastated that Alex McCarthy is still at the club, just as a whole.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’d take Max Aarons of one of KWP or Tino were to leave, I wouldn’t get him as extra.
I think he’s a bit more flexible in the KWP role and can switch sides.

I’m still surprised that a week before the start of the season we haven’t shifted on Onuachu or Perraud.

And, I’m devastated that Alex McCarthy is still at the club, just as a whole.

IMO Aarons is the exact type of player we should be looking at - championship experience and good enough to take a step up. 

Obviously a downgrade on Tino, but anyone we signed would be. Its certainly not as big a downgrade as I was expecting at RB (can also cover LB, similar to KWP) and given the figures banded about, it would be stupid to not sell Tino if we can bring in someone of Aarons pedigree as a replacement.  

13 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Why would we be signing a new RB? We already have Tino, KWP and Bree, we should only need 2. I can only see us signing Aaron’s if KWP and Tino both leave which could easily happen, but doesn’t seem to be that much interest in KWP. 

The tweet said to replace Tino if he went. Maybe they have decided Bree can’t play the role they want him to or interest in KWP not hit media yet.

Edited by Give it to Ron

54 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Why would we be signing a new RB? We already have Tino, KWP and Bree, we should only need 2. I can only see us signing Aaron’s if KWP and Tino both leave which could easily happen, but doesn’t seem to be that much interest in KWP. 

I'd say its fairly obvious that at least 1 of Tino or KWP will be off - probably both. 

• Like 2