Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

31 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Would seem a very odd strategy to sell both our good right backs to try and get Aarons(a player who hasn't really kicked on, hence why he's still knocking about at Norwich)

Maybe interested sides in KWP & Tino are getting closer to the money we want.

2 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

My understanding is that Perraud isn't seeking to leave.

He's a loyal guy who thinks he was part of the team that got us into this mess and want's to help get us out of it.  Not heard anything on an injury though so not sure why he hasn't played.

Shruggy emoji

If true that wouldn't be the worst thing. Would be good backup and probably isn't on hideous money. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

He's a loyal guy who thinks he was part of the team that got us into this mess and want's to help get us out of it.  Not heard anything on an injury though so not sure why he hasn't played.

Shruggy emoji

Have you heard anything about any other players? 

From what I know most of what is surmised on here is correct re who is likely to go and who isn't, so I only chip in when something is being suggested that is off piste.

I keep being told that Kamaldeen Sulamana isn't going anywhere (but that's always followed by 'unless.....etc etc' - LOL)

All my info is only happy/unhappy, fit/unfit or training with the first team or training alone / exiled to the U21s.

I don't know anything re incoming transfers, finance or politics.  I have to sieve through the BS along with everyone else for that.

Will always say if I hear of something new though.

• Like 8

Just now, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Has there been many rumours regarding KWP?  He's clearly a decent PL level player but I haven't actually seen any solid interest.

Saw a link about a week ago to Fulham and a team abroad cant remember where, seems strange as although he wasnt great last season he's been good whilst he's been here.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Saw a link about a week ago to Fulham and a team abroad cant remember where, seems strange as although he wasnt great last season he's been good whilst he's been here.

Agreed, but with his flexibility he'd be a great squad player for a mid table PL team even when his forms a bit flat.

24 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

Shruggy emoji

I always thought Perraud was one of the first to leave, as rumours were circling he’d agreed to move to the bundesliga before the end of last season, I’m surprised he’s still here, but also, not quite sure where he fits in with Manning quite clearly going to be first choice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

From what I know most of what is surmised on here is correct re who is likely to go and who isn't, so I only chip in when something is being suggested that is off piste.

I keep being told that Kamaldeen Sulamana isn't going anywhere (but that's always followed by 'unless.....etc etc' - LOL)

All my info is only happy/unhappy, fit/unfit or training with the first team or training alone / exiled to the U21s.

I don't know anything re incoming transfers, finance or politics.  I have to sieve through the BS along with everyone else for that.

hope this is right as he is one who will cook in the championship!

Any idea why he's not featured in preseason? Took that as a sign he was one that was going.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Any idea why he's not featured in preseason? Took that as a sign he was one that was going.

Hamstring, which wasn't as bad as first thought and he should be back soon.  Unfortunately he hasn't had much of a pre-season now.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

Shruggy emoji

Towards the end of last season he was certainly pushing to leave, of the French quartet I believe it was him and Diallo that were the most vocal

Perraud is generally well liked around the place though so outside of the group dynamic it felt a bit off

Ive not heard much for a little while so hopefully he is one of the lads whose thoughts had changed towards a more relaxed approach… although… our persuit of Manning sort of felt as if 2+2=4

Harwood-Bellis or Edwards if 2 of Salisu/ABK/Lyanco leave.

Aarons if KWP and Livramento leave.

Grimes or Downes if JWP and Lavia leave.

Piroe if Che leaves.

Some definitely optimistic realism here, would we feel in a good spot if this happens? I’d still maintain we’re short at GK but I really don’t see us addressing it. Maybe another winger if Sulemana goes? Definitely another winger if Sulemana and Tella go. 

• Like 1

KWP has been poor (for him) for most of the last season, playing well within his ability. However, prior to that, especially 2 or 3 (?) years ago was one of the best right backs in the league. Would be surprised if there havent been a lot of enquiries.

11 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Bit of an aside, but at school in the 80s (for those at school then) did everyone used to rub their chin and say “Jimmy Hill”…and if so was that when you didn’t believe someone?

can’t have just been our school. 
Apologies, completely off topic.

we did this at well at my school. Chin, chin, jimmy hill etc

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

How much are they talking for Aarons? 1 year left on his contract good player at a good age but can’t see us moving for him unless Livramento and KWP move on

I think that’s the idea, Aarons targeted if Livramento goes for big money. Aarons can play both sides and a link to Martin as he broke through as a kid into Norwich’s defence whilst Martin still a key part of it. Good news therefore is that there is some inside knowledge - always a valuable commodity in assessing character, ability and fit.  

2 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

I think that’s the idea, Aarons targeted if Livramento goes for big money. Aarons can play both sides and a link to Martin as he broke through as a kid into Norwich’s defence whilst Martin still a key part of it. Good news therefore is that there is some inside knowledge - always a valuable commodity in assessing character, ability and fit.  

Yeah, that's a good point.  I'd forgotten Martin would have known him - both played the same position as well.  Always slightly concerned when you're linked with someone that was highly rated but for some reason never got that big move or really kicked on.  You wonder whether their motivation is going to be great - he'd probably have been hoping for a move to the premier league considering the hype that was around him a couple of years ago.  If Martin knows him though then you'd think he'll be able to assess that quite well.  

56 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

Thank you for your input. It makes a pleasant change from the childish I Know Stuff But I Am Only Sharing With The Circle Of Trust bullshit. Here’s a tip to that poster, if you are supposed to keep this stuff to yourself and not share it on a football forum, keep it to yourself and don’t tell people on said forum that you will tell some but not others. The rest of us are grown ups, maybe time to behave like a grown up yourself?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

Thank you for your input. It makes a pleasant change from the childish I Know Stuff But I Am Only Sharing With The Circle Of Trust bullshit. Here’s a tip to that poster, if you are supposed to keep this stuff to yourself and not share it on a football forum, keep it to yourself and don’t tell people on said forum that you will tell some but not others. The rest of us are grown ups, maybe time to behave like a grown up yourself?

F989E170-9B48-4152-8042-C556F6F5CDA6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dman said:

I'd say its fairly obvious that at least 1 of Tino or KWP will be off - probably both. 

Not obvious at all. Neither seems in a hurry to leave and as SR seem resolute in sticking to their own valuations there is absolutely no pressure for hem to do so. Chances of them still being here in September are better than 50/50 in my view. Expect both to start on Friday. If Perraud stays then move KWP to AMF or even left wing. From what I have seen of Manning so far he is going to have to work very hard to displace either KWP or Perraud.

26 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Yeah, that's a good point.  I'd forgotten Martin would have known him - both played the same position as well.  Always slightly concerned when you're linked with someone that was highly rated but for some reason never got that big move or really kicked on.  You wonder whether their motivation is going to be great - he'd probably have been hoping for a move to the premier league considering the hype that was around him a couple of years ago.  If Martin knows him though then you'd think he'll be able to assess that quite well.  

Agree on it being a good point on the Martin/Aaron's connection.

If he was someone to come here, then there would be the comfort of Martin knowing exactly the personality we'd be getting.

Aarons has looked very good when Norwich were an attacking team, with both full backs able to get forward. Less impressive when that was found out, and as part of a much weaker defensive unit. Which applies to everyone in that team. Norwich really struggled to replace their midfield on their budget, which did the team no favours either.

Bayern were one of the teams linked to him. He was already getting a lot of football as a youngster, possibly putting him in a different bracket to Tino, who was breaking through at a much bigger club.

Quick peek shows more than 200 games at 23.

Considering the number of full backs we have, I'd be surprised to see him join. But, as a lotnof ours are wanted elsewhere, you never know. And we could do a lot, lot worse than Aarons.

15 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

That poster could easily charge for his valuable insight, but he doesn't. If you can't be trusted with the power of information that's you're fault. Don't try and ruin it for the rest of us. 

Sounds like there has been some real movement in the club over the weekend and I'm grateful to be privy to that!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

He's currently marinating on the bench obviously.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

That poster could easily charge for his valuable insight, but he doesn't. If you can't be trusted with the power of information that's you're fault. Don't try and ruin it for the rest of us. 

Sounds like there has been some real movement in the club over the weekend and I'm grateful to be privy to that!

Man, I'm hella jealous.

Just now, OldNick said:

When I had a good source of info I always had to make sure that it was ok to share a bit. That was under RL and NC. Both did not look kindly on leaks and rightly so.

It is a business after all

loose lips sink ships

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Good for us I think, both in terms of Wilcox but also Martin with recent profile at Norwich, Rangers, Swansea and Scotland. Inside info in any workplace context is the best intelligence. 

6 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I can only dream of being a member of the circle of trust. Maybe one day ....

It very much reminds me of the Peppa Pig episode where she sets up a secret club. Only slightly less mature 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I thought KWP looked strangely withdrawn on Saturday. He seemed to get his mojo back after a while and managed a few good movements but he looked a bit funny to me. Wether that means he’s leaving or staying who knows. 

IF Tino and KWP leave this window then it’s odds on we will add another attacking FB.

If Aaron’s is available why not. 

11 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I can only dream of being a member of the circle of trust. Maybe one day ....

Me too. In the meantime I’m consoling myself by leaving the edges of my sandwiches and creating my own triangles of crust 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I always thought the circle of trust thing was a bit of fun, am I missing something more nefarious????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

If you were in the inner circle of trust you wouldn’t have to ask this, which makes me think your occupy some peripheral circle feeding off the inner circles scraps. I’m not sure how I feel about this, just when I was thinking of ways to worm my way into your circle. 

yours confusedly 

Toussaint.