Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, Toussaint said:

If you were in the inner circle of trust you wouldn’t have to ask this, which makes me think your occupy some peripheral circle feeding off the inner circles scraps. I’m not sure how I feel about this, just when I was thinking of ways to worm my way into your circle. 

yours confusedly 

Toussaint. 

perhaps there is more than one circle of trust or perhaps it was a bluff to weed out the false prophets. 

#bewareoffalseprophets

59 minutes ago, Dman said:

That poster could easily charge for his valuable insight, but he doesn't. If you can't be trusted with the power of information that's you're fault. Don't try and ruin it for the rest of us. 

Sounds like there has been some real movement in the club over the weekend and I'm grateful to be privy to that!

I am not trying to ruin it for you. Good luck to you. My point is why say anything to the rest of us deemed not worthy of being included in the sacred circle of trust? He could quite happily message you with his sacred information but feels the need to dangle the carrot in front of the rest of us to make himself look important. Typical narcissistic behaviour and totally unnecessary but enjoy bathing in his reflective glory.

You are all welcome inside the SOG Circle of Trust and at no extra charge. Here’s what I have been told. Some players are coming in. Some players are leaving. The moment the transfer window slams shut you will all know exactly who they are.

Remember, you heard it from me first. 😘

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

It's a bit weird that Tells leaving hasn't been leaked to a journalist if it was imminent.  I hope we are holding out for £20m minimum at least.  He seems happy enough here and was excellent in the same league last season.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

I am not trying to ruin it for you. Good luck to you. My point is why say anything to the rest of us deemed not worthy of being included in the sacred circle of trust? He could quite happily message you with his sacred information but feels the need to dangle the carrot in front of the rest of us to make himself look important. Typical narcissistic behaviour and totally unnecessary but enjoy bathing in his reflective glory 😘

EB4DC405-8646-4593-806B-88D95DF5EFF6.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

We've been linked to Rico Henry thus morning, would not surprise me that KWP is already in the process of leaving, I do wonder also if Tino might be heading out too.

Especially if the club will retain Perraud also.

Who in their right mind is linking us, a championship club, to a PL teams first choice left back? 😂 Genuinely intrigued to know where you’ve seen that? 

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Burnley chairman's daughter posting this and the chairman sharing it too.

Should just tell them to jog on at this point.

Yeah, that's pretty unprofessional.  It would be nice to tell them to fuck right off now and be done with the whole thing but I guess he'll be off soon.  I'd try to whack another 5M on the price for being cunts though.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I am not trying to ruin it for you. Good luck to you. My point is why say anything to the rest of us deemed not worthy of being included in the sacred circle of trust? He could quite happily message you with his sacred information but feels the need to dangle the carrot in front of the rest of us to make himself look important. Typical narcissistic behaviour and totally unnecessary but enjoy bathing in his reflective glory 😘

Maybe I'm a sad old git too, but it does seem a bit pathetic all this circle of trust bollox. Back to the thread, I think it would be a real shame to lose Tella, I was looking forward to seeing him in a Saints shirt this season.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Yeah, after this, I'd be telling them the price has just increased by £5m, now offer us all upfront or simply fuck off. 

Anything over £15m for him is great value anyway, imo. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Winchester Red said:

My understanding is that Perraud isn't seeking to leave.

He's a loyal guy who thinks he was part of the team that got us into this mess and want's to help get us out of it.  Not heard anything on an injury though so not sure why he hasn't played.

Shruggy emoji

Didn't he pick up an injury in the last game of the season, think he is recovering from that. I would like to see Perraud stay, think he would do well for us in the Champ.

Just now, The Kraken said:

Sad to see all those outside the CoT throwing insults at those of us on the inside. Jealousy isn’t a good look fellas 👍

Neither is being as funny as Mrs Browns Boys.  What is it the fourth or fifth season we've had to go through this.  It's tedious and boring.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

What a fucking melt! If Tella wants to be part of that and live in Burnley then fair play.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Neither is being as funny as Mrs Browns Boys.  What is it the fourth or fifth season we've had to go through this.  It's tedious and boring.

and still you are like the young child pressing their nose up at the window watching the cool kids having fun on the inside.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’d take Max Aarons of one of KWP or Tino were to leave, I wouldn’t get him as extra.
I think he’s a bit more flexible in the KWP role and can switch sides.

I’m still surprised that a week before the start of the season we haven’t shifted on Onuachu or Perraud.

And, I’m devastated that Alex McCarthy is still at the club, just as a whole.

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

and still you are like the young child pressing their nose up at the window watching the cool kids having fun on the inside.

We had the posts about Jimmy Hill, I remember rubbing your chin whilst saying "oh yeah, reckon". This circle of trust stuff is like saying "I know something you don't"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I feel more like the hungover parent at a soft play centre watching the feral kids behave like 2 year olds, wishing they’d all shut the f up and let me get to the pub for some hair of the dog an adult conversation.

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Russell Martin couldn't have been clearer in his messaging (listen to his talksport interview this morning) about what will happen but I still think some of our fans will be suprised when it does.

This is my opinion on likeliness of players to move before Sept:

Lavia: 99% - will go to Liverpool shortly

Salisu: 95% - hope he passes his medical

ABK: 90% - not heard of over pre season so unless he has a bad injury assume he will be going

Livramento: 80% - as soon as Newcastle came in strong its extremely likley something gets done. We can replace him and still pocket a load of cash.

DCC, Lyanco, Onuachu: 80% - we would virtually give these guys away assuming someone will take their wages. None are in the plans as proven over pre season

JWP: 70% - proven PL player who 15 of the PL teams could afford. Someone will buy him and not sure Saints will price him out of a move given his service and seemingly great attitude this summer

KWP: 70% - again a proven PL player, relatively cheap and positionally versatile, would be amazed if he is still here. 

Adams: 70% - same as with KWP plus only a year left

Perraud: 70% - Manning brought in as first choice so writing on the wall. Best chance to sell with 2 years left on contract.

Tella: 60% - would be good to keep but if Burnley rate him that highly then likely they will eventually make a fair offer

Kamaldeen: 50% - hard to tell as havent heard much about him. Wouldnt be suprised either way and with him the idea of a year loan somewhere is also a possibility

Stu Armstrong: 50% - not fussed if he goes as he can't get fit and cannot be relied upon

Djenepo: 50% - doesnt seem like Martin rates him, almost whats the point of keeping him, especially if Tella and/or Kamaldeen stay.

Alcaraz: 40% - seems content to stay and has been a key man in pre season but if concrete interest came then can't rule anything out

McCarthy: 40% - would be good to get his wages off the books and sign a no2 keeper so can actually pressure Bazunu and is comfortable on the ball but don't see many suitors given wage/recent level

Aribo: 30% - still think he might work out, suited to the style and does have goals in him which we generally lack.

Assuming the rest pretty likely to stay.

Obviously not all of those listed will go but a large chunk will IMO. Going to be a busy month with probably at least 5 more incomings too (CB, Central Mid and Forward areas pretty bare).

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I'll be disappointed in Saints and in Tella if he leaves - with his goals and experience of the Championship he should be a key player for us this year.  We sent him out on loan so he could get game time and improve - which is what he has done. So to sell him now makes no sense unless Burnley have offered a Gyorekes sized fee for him that was just too good to turn down.

I will still be disappointed though as Tella is a proven goal scorer at this level - and I don't see who we could replace him with that is also a proven goal scorer at this level.

But the Burnley Chairman's 'share' of that video on social media suggests its a done deal.  If not that is very unprofessional on his part.

Perraud was rumoured to be off before he got his injury at the end of last season - I think that has just delayed things. I still think he will leave. 

Also think Sulemana will be off - but probably at a small loss for us. Got the impression he thinks a lot of himself and that he's too good for the Championship.  But if you look at his stats he is all style and no real substance - he has virtually no end product - just a younger version of Djneppo.  So I wouldn't be too upset by that.  

KWP is probably out of sorts as he wants to leave - but I suspect there have not been any offers for him as yet.  He was pretty bad for us least season and that has probably come back to bite him now.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

What kind of retard posts a video of themselves on social media breaking the law?

https://www.mylawyer.co.uk/graffiti-and-fly-posting-a-A76076D35092/

£75 fine incoming for her and up to £2500 for her old man.

Definitely looks like it's going to plan :mcinnes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

That's pretty tragic. The chairman realises they just need to pay the asking price don't they?

46 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Missing the point entirely, of course he isn't free. Pay the money or f**k off.

• Like 2

Not entirely sure what's more embarrassing, grown men in a fake circle of trust or a Football club chairman posting a slogan about a player they don't own! Bring back the Keegan days when we found out when the local paper printed it! Even the janitor at the Potters Heron wouldn't have had the means to get the news out back then.

• Like 7

That's incredibly unprofessional from the Burnley chairman. Even if it is effectively a done deal, shouldn't be putting out stuff like that before an official announcement.

Not too bothered personally whether we keep Tella or not as long as we get a good fee for him. Until Burnley are willing to pay that then they should shut up tbh.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Who in their right mind is linking us, a championship club, to a PL teams first choice left back? 😂 Genuinely intrigued to know where you’ve seen that? 

Was Rico Lewis, not Henry. 

Still unrealistic mind! 

• Like 1