Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I'll be honest. I thought one of the few positives of relegation was the chance to dump some of these players and refresh the squad. I'm sure that will still happen by the end of the window, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that we start on Friday with most of the same squad and presumably some of the same issues including mental fragility that plagued us last season. At best we will have 5 starting who are newish but the rest are hangovers. You can just imagine us struggling to score, someone fecking up and us conceding off someone's arse and losing 1-0, having all of the possession and no killer instinct at all. 

Last time we got relegated it needed the whole organisation to burn down. And out of that rose the Phoenix that was the team containing Ricky, Banana, Spiderman, Fonte etc

Hoping we don't need that this time, but have to agree with you - I was naively thinking a benefit of relegation might be getting rid of the absolute dross shite players and performances we had to suffer last year.

10 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Didn’t Danso make it into the Ligue 1 team of the season? 

The league is such a poor standard. It's not the same intensity as the Premier League. Lens are a well drilled side, with a couple of better players (Openda & Fofana, who have already left for big fees) and Samba was incredible in goal. If he made Ligue 1 team of the season, it says a lot about their league. I'm very surprised to see Transfermrket value him at €22m as well. 

26 minutes ago, Chez said:

It's amazing how quickly fans forget previous signings. Manning and Charles brought in and £10m spent. We only spent £90k last time we were relegated. 

Not forgetten anything and we need senior quality players from back to front and the pish removed.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Last time we got relegated it needed the whole organisation to burn down. And out of that rose the Phoenix that was the team containing Ricky, Banana, Spiderman, Fonte etc

Hoping we don't need that this time, but have to agree with you - I was naively thinking a benefit of relegation might be getting rid of the absolute dross shite players and performances we had to suffer last year.

Exactly. I'm not saying it's necessarily the club's fault. I do think it's really unfortunate that we haven't managed to get an attacker and cb in at least. I really want it to feel like a fresh start and a new team but at the moment I'm worried that we will have some of the same issues from last year. 

On 27/07/2023 at 23:13, Turkish said:

Calvin Bassey to Fulham appears close to being done. Salisu misses out, guess he’ll end up in Ligue 1 now

When the false prophets were saying Fulham and Saudi, the COT knew where Salisu was heading days ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, CB Fry said:

Oh, it's finally been announced on the civilian media channels, has it?

Well the COT knew ages ago but it was exclusively revealed to the forum last thursday. Some chose to believe, others chose to sneer and tell us to grow up

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Good to get an absolute shithouse out of the door, and for decent money.

Agreed. All this injury bollocks at the end of the season when everyone knew he’d down tools when needed. Good job getting that fee 

5 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

How do we get into this Circle of Trust? I hope its not as difficult as getting into the wife's "circle of trust". 

I think it involves some ritual involving removing your trousers, bending over and something about a large aubergine - but not really sure

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Personally I think it make a bit of sense. If he has a good season then his value will increase. We could potentially sell him for more next year or if we go up, he could return with a decent season under his belt.

Alternatively he could totally flop. 

uh... you know, if he is going to have a good season that increases his value, let's have it with the Saints and not some other club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaintTex said:

uh... you know, if he is going to have a good season that increases his value, let's have it with the Saints and not some other club.

Probably the point is he doesn't want to stay and play in the Championship, the manager doesn't fancy him and/or his attitude but absolutely no club on earth is going to pay us what what we paid six months ago.

Edited by CB Fry

If someone had offered us 20 million for Salisu and DCC at the start of the window you would have honestly bitten their hand off. That's probably record amounts of money in for the majority of clubs in this division and it's two players we were desperate to get rid of. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

With one cb definitely gone, and another seemingly on the way out (possibly with another couple following), is it likely that the next incoming player will be a cb too?

which potential players have there been rumours about? The younger ball playing kid (I’ve forgotten his name) sounds like it would be a coup if the club could pull it off…

4 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

With one cb definitely gone, and another seemingly on the way out (possibly with another couple following), is it likely that the next incoming player will be a cb too?

which potential players have there been rumours about? The younger ball playing kid (I’ve forgotten his name) sounds like it would be a coup if the club could pull it off…

Edwards or the bloke from Everton I expect. Or that England youth player Leeds were linked with the other day? 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 minutes ago, SherborneSaint said:

I think we need to lose two more CBs before we bring one in. Rumour is that DCC is on his way to Lyon, Lyanco looks the next most likely.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Has he really been here three years? 

Did anybody notice?

Sort of gramps. 

Don't forget he took around 6 months to show up on the pitch after he initially signed for us. 

He can’t have downed tools the moment he signed, maybe he left his tools behind at the start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Agreed. All this injury bollocks at the end of the season when everyone knew he’d down tools when needed. Good job getting that fee 

From what I hear he won't be missed by many at the club,  strange situation but to get decent fee and move him out of the club its a good deal 

4 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

Im sure i read somewhere that we might of had a look at the young lad from Bristol Rovers, who by all accounts was ripping it up last season........................someone else we bought from them also had a great career SRL...........

Bogarde? From Villa. Or Aaron Collins? Both worth considering. Bogarde is young and has a lot of potential. Collins is a late bloomer that just seemed to click last season. Lovely left foot.

9 hours ago, Saint Troy said:

Right - now he’s gone can anyone explain his weird start to his time at the club? 

He was ill. 

Still need to find buyers for Stephens, Bednarek and Lyanco. Really need a whole reset in that position. 

• Like 1

Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough  or Harwood-Bellis from City are the two obvious ones.

Edwards is too good for L1 again and Harwood-Bellis is a good leader and fresh off his loan at Burnley, won’t get a look in at City but probably will have PL clubs wanting him.