Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

15 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🚨 Sources have stated that Liverpool have now walked away from a deal for Romeo Lavia due to asking price. Sources described Jorg Schmadtke as unprofessional during talks, Andre alternative for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LFC</a> W/ <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JamesPearceLFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheAthleticFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaintsFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SaintsFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CFC</a> <a href="https://t.co/VtLV7ToeWA">https://t.co/VtLV7ToeWA</a></p>&mdash; David Ornstein (@OrnsteinAthl) <a href="https://twitter.com/OrnsteinAthl/status/1686399305337147392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Their DoF was unprofessional? 

8 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Their DoF was unprofessional? 

Wow - that's some statement.  I hope SFC and Lavia's agent ensure Lavia is aware of the mess he would have placed himself in by joining them.  🤣

NB: It'll still probably happen now - in fact it's probably even more likely!

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Wow - that's some statement.  I hope SFC and Lavia's agent ensure Lavia is aware of the mess he would have placed himself in by joining them.  🤣

NB: It'll still probably happen now - in face it's probably even more likely!

Its a fake account 😉

We all know he's going, and it's going to be for a base figure of at least £45M + either add ons or just £50M. We have already signed Charles so we're basically just waiting for Liverpool to do some theatre for their fans whilst they kneel down and prepare to make their payment to saints 🤣

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

“ITK’s” are ruined 

The circle of distrust has been called out 😨

Southampton Football Club will never reach out directly via social media platforms, we’ll never use personal email addresses. We’ll also never ask you to pay us any money or to share your bank details.

Rumbled.

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

The dippers have started sweating now...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354122.33880

mr burns GIF

Also, much like the saintsweb vs twitter wars of early summer, looks like they've found saintsweb - DT has been rumbled for sure.... 😆

I sincerely hope we sell him to anyone but them - would be beautiful. 

Tbf most of them seem pretty reasonable on the situation. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

The circle of distrust has been called out 😨

Southampton Football Club will never reach out directly via social media platforms, we’ll never use personal email addresses. We’ll also never ask you to pay us any money or to share your bank details.

Rumbled.

Nice try but the C-O-T does not use personal email addresses and payments made are for subscriptions for news not personating to the club, the C-O-T is like a the Athletic on steroids, Creatine, BCAA and cocaine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barsiem said:

This also from that journalist.  What happened to the West Ham of old that would spunk loads of money on any old crap??  I miss those days

My sources tell me that Moyes is pushing for this but the WHU board are not so keen to spend big money on what they see as an older player. He wants McTomminey as well.

• Haha 1

Obviously great to hold out for good fees but also comes a point where we need to sell and be able to reinvest. The players RM said have indicated want to move here and are being patient won't stay that way forever.

Hopefully there is some movement out soon, Salisu move should be done shortly and still no DCC training and the Lyon move seemingly being discussed.

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

I wanted to punch him after his display at home v Leicester.

Absolute cunt.

Was that the one where Vardy stamped on VVD's ankle? Which delayed the transfer not sure he cna be blamed for that.

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

My sources tell me that Moyes is pushing for this but the WHU board are not so keen to spend big money on what they see as an older player. He wants McTomminey as well.

You've got what it takes to do this professionally 

I respect us for setting a suitably high transfer fee and also respect Liverpool for trying to get the best deal. Neither club can control the 'noise'.

As we saw with the Mason Mount transfer, clubs can hold firm on the price on top quality players and the buying clubs will simply pay the money if they want the player.

Chelsea to bid £60m. No messing about.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Obviously great to hold out for good fees but also comes a point where we need to sell and be able to reinvest. The players RM said have indicated want to move here and are being patient won't stay that way forever.

Hopefully there is some movement out soon, Salisu move should be done shortly and still no DCC training and the Lyon move seemingly being discussed.

If we get an extra £10m for a player, which is huge amount of money in the championship, it's worth waiting till the last day of the window IMO. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

This also from that journalist.  What happened to the West Ham of old that would spunk loads of money on any old crap??  I miss those days

Is he Moyes' mate? The language and tone used in that tweet seems very hostile to the west ham board. Unsurprisingly, I like what I read though.

32 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Who have we lost out on so far ?

The only players we had competition for were Charles and Manning

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

If we get an extra £10m for a player, which is huge amount of money in the championship, it's worth waiting till the last day of the window IMO. 

Exactly - and we'll be making money from other outgoings anyway. Tino most likely, Salisu, DCC etc - even if we keep Lavia until the last day of the window we would still have money available to bring players in to make sure we're not left light in that position. 

City have a 20% sell on clause. We want £50 million because £10million of it will go to City, meaning we're left with the £40 million that we would have got next season if City had bought him then. (Less if you factor in the sell on clause). It is simple maths - we want £40 million for him so we have to ask for £50 million to cover City's sell on clause. 

There is enough interest in Lavia that I'm not concerned right now. Liverpool will, I'm sure, get their thumbs out their butts and come up with a deal we're happy with. What is noticeable is that, despite Liverpool fans saying that he's stated he really wants to join them. I've heard no moanings from the player about staying.

• Like 2

Just now, Smirking_Saint said:

I’d say Borges who has since done a u-turn on WHU to go to Ajax is one of the only links that we have missed out on. Expect our relegation killed that one though. Would we have been interested in Doyle who went to Leicester had we sold our CBs faster perhaps? No links to him for us I don’t think.

Market has been pretty slow but will heat up a little now the PL is starting next week. As always lots of business will happen late on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

How would we know? For all we know we might have been interested in Coady, Winks and Mavididi for example as have been linked with all three in the past.

The longer we go without selling then it surely becomes a bit of an issue unless we are able to buy before we sell.

I hope the exits speed up a bit as many are inevitable anyway.

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

I’ve no doubt we would use it wisely - we could blow 10m easy. It’s two thirds of a bazanu or half an onachu. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I’d say Borges who has since done a u-turn on WHU to go to Ajax is one of the only links that we have missed out on. Expect our relegation killed that one though. Would we have been interested in Doyle who went to Leicester had we sold our CBs faster perhaps? No links to him for us I don’t think.

Market has been pretty slow but will heat up a little now the PL is starting next week. As always lots of business will happen late on.

West Ham fans are fuming at that one. They haven't signed anyone all summer and the one player they thought was a 'done deal' has gone elsewhere. I can see them panicking and coming back in for JWP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Holgate could be our main CB target and despite him obviously being available, he's gone nowhere. His massive weekly wage will probably be the main reason, but unless he's holding out for a Prem move, I'd of thought he'd be keen to join us and might be one of those patient players (along with Piroe and Grimes???).

• Like 3

Just now, SNSUN said:

West Ham fans are fuming at that one. They haven't signed anyone all summer and the one player they thought was a 'done deal' has gone elsewhere. I can see them panicking and coming back in for JWP.

That record article has Prowsey as Moyes number one signing. Sadly, I expect they will get to an acceptable fee and he’ll go. I don’t know if it’s just because I expect him to leave but he looks more serious than usual in the pics/vids the Saints Twitter account puts up. Bracing myself for the #FreeProwsey campaign…

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Holgate could be our main CB target and despite him obviously being available, he's gone nowhere. His massive weekly wage will probably be the main reason, but unless he's holding out for a Prem move, I'd of thought he'd be keen to join us and might be one of those patient players (along with Piroe and Grimes???).

Holgate has struggled to get into the underperforming Everton team, 8 apps last season. I’m unconvinced if he’s the best option for us but perhaps at this level he would be a decent signing. I’ve not really seen him enough but comments from others on him not being so great on the ball are a tad worrying. CB is a big area of concern, lots of sales going to happen there and Bazunu needs a decent defence in front of him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dusic said:

How would we know? For all we know we might have been interested in Coady, Winks and Mavididi for example as have been linked with all three in the past.

The longer we go without selling then it surely becomes a bit of an issue unless we are able to buy before we sell.

I hope the exits speed up a bit as many are inevitable anyway.

We can only go as fast as the buyers permit.

An alternative way to look at it, is we made many of our signings in January, so we are ahead of the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Holgate has struggled to get into the underperforming Everton team, 8 apps last season. I’m unconvinced if he’s the best option for us but perhaps at this level he would be a decent signing. I’ve not really seen him enough but comments from others on him not being so great on the ball are a tad worrying. CB is a big area of concern, lots of sales going to happen there and Bazunu needs a decent defence in front of him.

Ive not been greatly impressed with Holgate when I've seen him play and if he's not great on the ball then he doesn't seem to fit in with Martin's desire to pass out from the back. It's a pass from me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer Saint said:

Tbf most of them seem pretty reasonable on the situation. 

It's actually a decent thread, they are as bemused as us it would seem.

Saints need this sale and he is definitely worth it. They have to go more than £40m as City have a buy back for that next year. I suspect City are stopping a cut price sale to Liverpool.

I'm sure £45m gets him, Saints get a chunk of  cash and things can start moving. It will be a good club for Lavia, everybody wins. Somehow the Liverpool accountant can't see it.

Such a contrast to when Utd bought Shaw. They wanted him, others were sniffing, so £35m was paid on the nose. Led to good relations between the clubs as well.

It will probably still happen bit what a fiasco.

1 minute ago, macca155 said:

It's actually a decent thread, they are as bemused as us it would seem.

Saints need this sale and he is definitely worth it. They have to go more than £40m as City have a buy back for that next year. I suspect City are stopping a cut price sale to Liverpool.

I'm sure £45m gets him, Saints get a chunk of  cash and things can start moving. It will be a good club for Lavia, everybody wins. Somehow the Liverpool accountant can't see it.

Such a contrast to when Utd bought Shaw. They wanted him, others were sniffing, so £35m was paid on the nose. Led to good relations between the clubs as well.

It will probably still happen bit what a fiasco.

Do we have good relations with Utd?! Have we ever signed a player from them or them done us a favour? That was about 10 years ago and can’t think of anything which would imply we had any sort of relationship with them other than being in the same division 

8 minutes ago, disconnect said:

Do we have good relations with Utd?! Have we ever signed a player from them or them done us a favour? That was about 10 years ago and can’t think of anything which would imply we had any sort of relationship with them other than being in the same division 

they did us a favour not letting Brandon Williams join us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

I think this one gets done. But of a shame really as I thought he could have given us a season but if his heart isn't in it probably best for all parties that he moves on. Presume he will start Friday though which could be his farewell appearance. 

11 minutes ago, lambtiss said:

Ive not been greatly impressed with Holgate when I've seen him play and if he's not great on the ball then he doesn't seem to fit in with Martin's desire to pass out from the back. It's a pass from me.

£72K a week for Everton's worst defender doesn't look like a good deal to me.  Branthwaite would be the one I would go for. Did well on loan at PSV but linked with Man United.

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I'm genuinely surprised that no one on here has been able to have a quiet off the record chat with James this summer to see definitively if he is off or not. I'm assuming he is but surprised it isn't more widely known. 

how do you know they haven't? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Disagree. 

JWP isn’t the type to kick off. Make them sweat / get desperate and they will eventually up their bid. We know they both have loads of money. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yozzman said:

£72K a week for Everton's worst defender doesn't look like a good deal to me.  Branthwaite would be the one I would go for. Did well on loan at PSV but linked with Man United.

If that wage is accurate, and it may be, it's not going to be workable for a championship side. He isn't going to take a pay cut, so someone (Everton) are going to have to give him a big loyalty pay off. 

53 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

That record article has Prowsey as Moyes number one signing. Sadly, I expect they will get to an acceptable fee and he’ll go. I don’t know if it’s just because I expect him to leave but he looks more serious than usual in the pics/vids the Saints Twitter account puts up. Bracing myself for the #FreeProwsey campaign…

I think he has his heart set on staying in the premier league but can't necessarily see him kicking up a fuss. As you say his overall body language seems a little off. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm genuinely surprised that no one on here has been able to have a quiet off the record chat with James this summer to see definitively if he is off or not. I'm assuming he is but surprised it isn't more widely known. 

Not too many people on here come into contact with the players very often. He knows the game. Until a deal is concluded, you keep things pretty close to your chest. I think we all know (well, almost all) he wants a move.