Do the club only care about away fans?

Paul Chuckle

Not only was the performance one of the most pathetic and uninspired I've ever seen, but why are we allowing away fans to have a drum in the stadium to create an atmosphere for them?  It's like we can't do any more for away fans. 

Again there were away fans all over St Mary's. Bring on the Championship and teams who bring about 500 fans down.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Not only was the performance one of the most pathetic and uninspired I've ever seen, but why are we allowing away fans to have a drum in the stadium to create an atmosphere for them?  It's like we can't do any more for away fans. 

Again there were away fans all over St Mary's. Bring on the Championship and teams who bring about 500 fans down.

Said this at half time .

Our biggest game of the season , must win and we let Palace bring a drum in . 

the club is rotten from the top .

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, IFHP said:

Said this at half time .

Yep, agreed. I don't even get sent the survey anymore. So much for being anonymous 

• Like 1

It’s because those in charge (Semmens, Ankersen and the prick from Millwall) are mediocre corporate idiots backed by middle management stooges in positions of authority without any connection to the club or city. The one plus about relegation is that it’s the perfect time to initiate a full cull. 

• Like 21

53 minutes ago, IFHP said:

Said this at half time .

Palace fans giving it the big one next to Northam  , absolutely nothing done , home fan reacts gets ejected by line of stewards that as usual line up on home fans side, as if we don't suffer enough watching that shite on the pitch home game after home game we also have to put up with that. 

I wasn't in the Northam today but was for the Spurs game we had to line up in a queueing system with a sniffer dog, said to the steward this is a bit over the top isn't it, his reply "well if you lot behaved yourselves we wouldn't need to do it" ffs 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Palace fans giving it the big one next to Northam  , absolutely nothing done , home fan reacts gets ejected by line of stewards that as usual line up on home fans side, as if we don't suffer enough watching that shite on the pitch home game after home game we also have to put up with that. 

I wasn't in the Northam today but was for the Spurs game we had to line up in a queueing system with a sniffer dog, said to the steward this is a bit over the top isn't it, his reply "well if you lot behaved yourselves we wouldn't need to do it" ffs 

Never look a gift horse in the mouth...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Why did they allow the drum? Surely we can just say NO

We can. I have a Palace mate who lives in Southampton and goes to a lot of their away games. He said that they ask every time they go away whether they can take a drum and only a few clubs have said yes. He was surprised we allowed it.

• Like 4

According to employees at Saints, directors say if you don’t like it leave when they make shit changes, and that kind of attitude is the same they take with fans. We are nothing but customers to them, which is fine if you treat them well, but not when you take them for granted. Rotten from the top.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I saw the cunt with a big black drum outside the pub on the High St before the game and I thought how the fuck will he get that into the stadium and then he was stood a few yards awake from me in the Northam after my mate had had his bag scrutinised on the way in !!

We are being conned and ripped off by Southampton Nil FC

• Like 12

11 hours ago, JRM said:

It's been like that for pretty much every game starting with the Newcastle League Cup game. 

I've looked over to the away entrance and it us nowhere near the same. 

Thankfully that private security firm will be the first to go when the budget is cut next season. Absolute bunch of cunts. 

• Like 4

We're led to believe that in elite sport fine margins matter, both in preparation and on the day.

So what we do? Hand away fans the impetus by letting them (quite literally) drum up support. 🤷‍♂️

Can only imagine they had a prior arrangement to bring it in? And either way you've got to question the club's decision making.

When the drumming started quite a few in the Northam lost the plot; more Police and stewards moved up into the stands; they were all monitoring that area of Palace fans but did feck all.

Don't think I've ever seen the officials be so heavy-handed with our lot as they've been this season. All whilst letting away support get away with the same or worse.

And why don't we position any stewards in the away end?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ant said:

We're led to believe that in elite sport fine margins matter, both in preparation and on the day.

So what we do? Hand away fans the impetus by letting them (quite literally) drum up support. 🤷‍♂️

Can only imagine they had a prior arrangement to bring it in? And either way you've got to question the club's decision making.

When the drumming started quite a few in the Northam lost the plot; more Police and stewards moved up into the stands; they were all monitoring that area of Palace fans but did feck all.

Don't think I've ever seen the officials be so heavy-handed with our lot as they've been this season. All whilst letting away support get away with the same or worse.

And why don't we position any stewards in the away end?

why is there stewards and police in between our own fans in the IN as well? they don’t do anything all game except get in the way of peoples seats and the stairs. 

And to think that Selles moaned about the fans not getting behind his ‘team’ when ‘nothing was happening’ in the first half - remarkable projection and lack of self-awareness. Saints fans have been punch drunk for years watching every aspect of the club go down the shitter in slow motion.  The learning curve for these JCL cunts in the Championship is going to be huge! 

• Like 4

I've been to five games this season and sit in the same block (34) - at every game I have sat next to away fans with the same seats being sold to them. It's clear there are loads of other away fans in that section too. Last week I had a group of 4 city fans bowing, laughing and taking pictures when haaland scored. Also a group of really p1ssd city fans clambering around the seating looking for space to sit together. 

Stewards nowhere to be seen.

Players demotivated

None of the academy coming through

Numerous behind the scenes departures

The loss of our dedicated scouting network

Terrible manager and player recruitment

Toe curling oompah band (stick to pantomimes)

The half time 'entertainment' yesterday pretty much summed this club up right now.

• Like 5

If like me you really disliked having a bloody drum in the ground and can't understand why it was allowed, please don't just whinge about it on here. Write and complain to

supporterservices@saintsfc.co.uk

Or next they'll be giving the away fans loudspeakers too! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ken Tone said:

If like me you really disliked having a bloody drum in the ground and can't understand why it was allowed, please don't just whinge about it on here. Write and complain to

I've emailed them and had phone calls on numerous occasions this season. 

The long and short of it is "we're trying but it's really difficult to stop away fans in the home ends" 

The club don't even send me the match day survey anymore, think I've been black listed for giving honest feedback. 

Well I've emailed the club again about the drum, shocking half time entertainment and away fans in the home end. Will keep you updated if I get a response.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I've emailed them and had phone calls on numerous occasions this season. 

The long and short of it is "we're trying but it's really difficult to stop away fans in the home ends" 

The club don't even send me the match day survey anymore, think I've been black listed for giving honest feedback. 

Well I've emailed the club again about the drum, shocking half time entertainment and away fans in the home end. Will keep you updated if I get a response.

Seriously, how hard is it to check that Steve from Hedge End only ever attends one game a season, and by some weird coincidence that game is always against the same opposition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken Tone said:

Every email to that address probably gets marked as spam and deleted straight away such is their disdain for us.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Seriously, how hard is it to check that Steve from Hedge End only ever attends one game a season, and by some weird coincidence that game is always against the same opposition.

You would think it wouldn't be that hard, but when I asked why people clearly with Newcastle accents were let into the home end at St Mary's I was told the club can't discriminate against someone because of their accent.

In other words, someone living in Newcastle could easily support Southampton, and when I say someone I mean thousands, like what we saw at the cup game. 

So I finally got a reply to my email, please please nobody contact the club about bringing a drum.....

The main parts are they said they had no reason to prohibit Palace fans bringing a drum into the stadium and would activity encourage our fans to do the same and to contact the club. 

If I can come up with better half time entertainment then I need to let the club know.

and for any future concerns reach out to the Saints Voice panel.

I give up with this club!

Edited by Paul Chuckle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Paul Chuckle said:

So I finally got a reply to my email, please please nobody contact the club about bringing a drum.....

The main parts are they said they had no reason to prohibit Palace fans bringing a drum into the stadium and would activity encourage our fans to do the same and to contact the club. 

If I can come up with better half time entertainment then I need to let the club know.

The Saints Voice Panel.

Lol.

2 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

The Saints Voice Panel.

Lol.

it’s a club full of jokers and wet blankets, all happy to pass the buck to someone else and take no accountability or responsibility - from top to bottom. Has been for years.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

The Saints Voice Panel.

Lol.

it’s a club full of jokers and wet blankets, all happy to pass the buck to someone else and take no accountability or responsibility - from top to bottom. Has been for years.

The saints voice 🤣🤣

that bird that thinks she’s the dogs bollocks always spouting off on Twitter and her little lap dogs. Absolute bunch of clowns 

hilarious that they offload it to that lot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The saints voice 🤣🤣

that bird that thinks she’s the dogs bollocks always spouting off on Twitter and her little lap dogs. Absolute bunch of clowns 

Oh god, really? Fuck this shit. Honestly. I’d rather “Andrew” and his schizo behaviour.

On 21/04/2023 at 19:18, Turkish said:

The saints voice 🤣🤣

But is she fit though?

On 21/04/2023 at 18:51, Paul Chuckle said:

So what is the supporters services email address for if not this kind of issue?

If they have no reason to prohibit Palace fans bringing a drum in then why are so many other grounds able to do it?

• Like 5

Yet another new low tonight. Flare from the away end on to the pitch, nothing done. Half time in the home concourse ID checks on a few teenagers having a pint. ID confiscated, and jobsworth getting the police involved. The match day experience plunges to new depths. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Contact your Saints Voice representative with any concerns about tonight's game!!

going to contract them about starting a ‘saints bandstand’ never tried before on the south coast. one guys on drums, another has a bugle, one fucker is even on the flute. going to be deafening for the players - hopefully then they won’t be able to hear selles spouting his shit tactics. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, whelk said:

Loads of the little cunts in pubs before game. Hopefully a few got filled in

Yep Giddy was packed with em, tried to go to Scholars wasn't allowed in due to being a home fan and told it was an away pub...wtf ..apparently the police told them they had to be an away fans pub

12 hours ago, miltonroad said:

Yet another new low tonight. Flare from the away end on to the pitch, nothing done. Half time in the home concourse ID checks on a few teenagers having a pint. ID confiscated, and jobsworth getting the police involved. The match day experience plunges to new depths. 

The simple solution is to get yourself to the Gas Works bar where you have the opportunity to purchase a burger for £22 and keep away from all the riff raff ruining the match day experience for those of us who want to take advantage of the extensive range of food stuffs in a comfortable environment. For some of us the match day experience has never been better.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, DJ_TOAST said:

Yep Giddy was packed with em, tried to go to Scholars wasn't allowed in due to being a home fan and told it was an away pub...wtf ..apparently the police told them they had to be an away fans pub

Preferred the days when the away fans were forced to go to Yates' and all the other bars in the city centre were home fans only.

Best away day in the country these days. Pathetic. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Preferred the days when the away fans were forced to go to Yates' and all the other bars in the city centre were home fans only.

Best away day in the country these days. Pathetic. 

I’d do what Wolves do and give them the fucking Premier Inn bar in Eastleigh. 

• Like 2