Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

FarehamSaintJames

We support the club, for life. This manager? These players? They can fucking do one. Embarrassed us on a global stage repeatedly. If the two 9-0s weren't enough, they turn in the most inept, turgid, uninspired and gutless season I've ever seen from a Saints side. They've taken a collective shit and plunged the fan base into the toilet directly afterwards, holding our heads under for the entire season.

Fuck em.

• Like 26

13 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

We support the club, for life. This manager? These players? They can fucking do one. Embarrassed us on a global stage repeatedly. If the two 9-0s weren't enough, they turn in the most inept, turgid, uninspired and gutless season I've ever seen from a Saints side. They've taken a collective shit and plunged the fan base into the toilet directly afterwards, holding our heads under for the entire season.

Fuck em.

Hear hear

22 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Fuck em.

My thoughts exactly, fuck the lot of them. They don't give a shit about Southampton fc.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Appy said:

Would love to know what goes through the head of fans that clapped the players at full time. 

I did, it was a fantastic effort first half. A couple of our better, but less regularly played players started to tire.  Che probably needed to come on at half time. The subs were disastrous. I don’t know how to clap the players who busted a gut and withhold my applause from the useless ones and our dreadful manager.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Fuck em.

That's the biggest problem. 95% of our players couldn't give a shiny shit about the club or the fans. They know fine well that in today's game someone will take a punt on them and they'll have another club to "play" for. Some might even get an undeserved pay rise. 

Why bust a gut to save the team and fans from relegation, seems like too much fuss. Easier to just post posey photos on Instagram and stroll around in training. Many probably have earbuds in during teamtalks and tactics sessions anyway (even if the tactics are shite).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I did, it was a fantastic effort first half. A couple of our better, but less regularly played players started to tire.  Che probably needed to come on at half time. The subs were disastrous. I don’t know how to clap the players who busted a gut and withhold my applause from the useless ones and our dreadful manager.

“Fantastic effort” in the first half, we still should’ve been 4-1 down if Newcastle’s finishing was better. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Appy said:

“Fantastic effort” in the first half, we still should’ve been 4-1 down if Newcastle’s finishing was better. 

We had the first two shots on target, so could have been 2 - 0 up before we  actually scored 

Played well for 45 mins?....Great.😕

These fuckers owe an apology to Nige, Rickie, Fonte, Lallana, Kelvin etc - the effort that those guys put in to get us back to the Premier League, all pissed down the drain with no fight, just a fucking whimper.

Markus set us back on the right path, but all of that work has been undone by a sideways and backwards total shitshow of a season, they should all be ashamed.

• Like 10

I’m assuming the half time team talk must’ve been something like from RS.

“ok lads, the longer that half went the more comfortable we looked, we started to cause them a few problems going forward and some great link up play saw us get a goal. 

Now what we need to do is forget all about that and all sit back as deep as possible and not look to get forward at all, let’s make sure this entire second half is played in and around our penalty box. I dont want to see Sulemana or Charly making those forward runs that pressure their defence, this half is all about inviting pressure.

I will make sure I make some more subs that will definitely make us play worse, so look out for them.

let’s make sure we have 0 shots and even 0 crosses in the entire half, that will make sure we are under the pump”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Appy said:

Would love to know what goes through the head of fans that clapped the players at full time. 

A really odd bunch are those that ‘support’ this club. The best they could put together was a pathetic chant for Lyanco and Oh When the Saints. 

Pathetic on and off the pitch, in a way relegation and a cleansing of fans and players is a positive thing for us. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, rallyboy said:

These fuckers owe an apology to Nige, Rickie, Fonte, Lallana, Kelvin etc - the effort that those guys put in to get us back to the Premier League, all pissed down the drain with no fight, just a fucking whimper.

Markus set us back on the right path, but all of that work has been undone by a sideways and backwards total shitshow of a season, they should all be ashamed.

Effort?...They were just better players, that's all. Why do people romanticise so much? There was no extra passion...they weren't "playing for the badge". We had a decent manager, good players and absolutely pots of money.It wasn't some sort of golden age. Aside from Nige who has been pretty much a failure everywhere else & Kelvin who was at the end of his career, all those others jumped ship (Lallana & Fonte particularly nastily). All this passion & fight exist only in supporters heads. It's a dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dman said:

A really odd bunch are those that ‘support’ this club. The best they could put together was a pathetic chant for Lyanco and Oh When the Saints. 

Pathetic on and off the pitch, in a way relegation and a cleansing of fans and players is a positive thing for us. 

Pretty sure that anyone who goes all the way to Newcastle for a game we were going to inevitably lose won't be part of the cleanse you are talking about.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rallyboy said:

This shit isn't just down to this season, this has been years in the making. From Kats long pockets and short arms, the Chinese frauds and the muppets now in change and all their failed recruitment policies along the way.

• Like 3

In all seriousness I wonder how we would fare with something like Onuachu up top alongside someone like Mara or Adams 

Thinking the big bloke could knock down the headers and feed the other striker... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dman said:

our fans have been shit for a good few years now, im hoping relegation gets rid of a fair few and we can go back to people who actually know our proper chants not most the noddy bollox most our fans sing now. 

Was talking to someone at the bmouth game he said lots of old chants came back when we last went down to league one with more vocal, local support. probably won’t happen but we can hope. 

We have become so uncompetitive in this league; it’s not even close really despite all the 1-0s. The fact that we are still playing Adam Armstrong says it all. I still think we are better than our points total but the constant pissing around and tinkering with the team means there is no cohesiveness, it’s just slow disjointed football. The subs yesterday were a joke and why he didn’t start with Adams is just baffling. Given how uncompetitive we are next season looks a struggle already to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

This shit isn't just down to this season, this has been years in the making. From Kats long pockets and short arms, 

Yeah, fucking bitch. 4 top 8 finishes, 2 trips into Europe & a cup final under her spell. Fucking woeful for a club like us. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

In all seriousness I wonder how we would fare with something like Onuachu up top alongside someone like Mara or Adams 

Thinking the big bloke could knock down the headers and feed the other striker... 

Yeah it's like our season with Adams and Ings working together scoring goals just doesnt register.

We were playing 4-2-2-2 as well so no excuse to not try 2 actual strikers up front or one slightly deeper.

19 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Misheard, it was talentless cunt

Nope...There were countless calls for him to have the job permanently because he was a highly regarded coach. I still see no evidence of this. Not just in his managerial stint, because some people are just better coaches than managers (Steve McClaren, Sammy Lee etc) but even when he was a number two, we played the same crappy style. He is part of the problem and that's been obvious from the start.

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

our fans have been shit for a good few years now, im hoping relegation gets rid of a fair few and we can go back to people who actually know our proper chants not most the noddy bollox most our fans sing now. 

Was talking to someone at the bmouth game he said lots of old chants came back when we last went down to league one with more vocal, local support. probably won’t happen but we can hope. 

Why does singing support = better support?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

To be honest the away fans this season have been the best i have seen for years ... Newcastle (Cup game), Palace, Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

But agree the home situation needs serious looking at - what club has they vocal support split across 2 stands ??!! The age old problem - the away fans need shifting into one of the corners ... stick them in the chapel corner where there is easy access for their coaches etc

7 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

the away fans need shifting into one of the corners ... stick them in the chapel corner where there is easy access for their coaches etc

Bung another tier on at the Gasworks end and chuck the away fans up there. Probably only cost the equivalent of one Onuachu and it'd make St Mary's less of the welcoming-to-visiting-teams place it currently is.

1 hour ago, warsash saint said:

To be honest the away fans this season have been the best i have seen for years ... Newcastle (Cup game), Palace, Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

But agree the home situation needs serious looking at - what club has they vocal support split across 2 stands ??!! The age old problem - the away fans need shifting into one of the corners ... stick them in the chapel corner where there is easy access for their coaches etc

And no drums.

2 hours ago, warsash saint said:

And cut the away allocation to 2,000 as per EFL rules.

4 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

What's wrong with singing about being the best team on the south coast and having livramento? I mean apart from the fact it's all bollocks..

8 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

Agree it will be good to get rid of some of the plastics and day trippers, 

Trouble with the chants is that very few of the players really stand out to sing about. LI and Championship before we had the likes of Fonte, Lambert etc. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Badger said:

Agree it will be good to get rid of some of the plastics and day trippers, 

Trouble with the chants is that very few of the players really stand out to sing about. LI and Championship before we had the likes of Fonte, Lambert etc. 

Im surprised our Nods haven’t started a Adam Armstrong/Stewart Armstrong chant yet….

27 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Im surprised our Nods haven’t started a Adam Armstrong/Stewart Armstrong chant yet….

There was some effort to get it going when Adam first signed but it didn't last too long thankfully

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Im surprised our Nods haven’t started an Adam Armstrong/Stewart Armstrong chant yet….

A couple of tits tried to get it going in the concourse yesterday. Looked to be way in their 40’s as well, odd blokes. 

Thankfully, it was ignored by most, which like you said, is surprising. 

On 01/05/2023 at 11:13, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yeah, fucking bitch. 4 top 8 finishes, 2 trips into Europe & a cup final under her spell. Fucking woeful for a club like us. 

Typical LD spin. We had a great period under the Liebherrs, but the deinvestment happened under Kats watch when she was looking for a buyer. She then lumbered us with Gao. Net Spend Cup was trending on here. After the exodus of players when Potch left, the next season was saved by Koeman and his transfers.

On 30/04/2023 at 20:38, Appy said:

Youll be asking the same of the fans that stay behind for the customary team lap of (Utter Shit) honour?