Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

FarehamSaintJames

The inevitable defeat but with an improved performance as the lads will have a chance to be in the shop window. 2-0 loss we won’t threaten much. We will going into the Forest game needing a positive result to avoid going down that night 

36 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

So who makes the squad this week in the tombola? 🤣

Since getting the monkey off his back by scoring his first goal against Man City - sometimes the catalyst for a striker to go on a bit of a run - Mara hasn't played a single minute. That was 4 games of classic man management ago.

So I'd imagine he's due a random start out of nowhere. Probably at left back or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle v Saints - Sunday 2pm
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I think we’ll go with the classic T20 power play formation, every man in a tight midfield circle, except for Perraud at deep square leg and Adams at long off. We’ll catch them by surprise, they won’t be expecting that.

Who’s playing Short Stop?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Since getting the monkey off his back by scoring his first goal against Man City - sometimes the catalyst for a striker to go on a bit of a run - Mara hasn't played a single minute. That was 4 games of classic man management ago.

So I'd imagine he's due a random start out of nowhere. Probably at left back or something.

I didn't think about this. Maybe there was a pass to a centre half on when he scored. Unforgivable. 

• Like 1

We are due our 9-0 at some point.

You know what'll happen though, it's a chance for these charlatans to put on a show to potential suitors against a 'bigger team'. So they'll play well.

They only play well when it suits them for their benefit.

• Like 2

If anyone had scored against Bournemouth you can guarantee that Selles would be dropping them for this game. But nobody did score although Adams did have the ball in the net so presumably he'll be on the bench for this one.

The B team have acquired a winning mentality so some of them should be knocking at the door, although not for this game. Could be a case of PTSD after the expected mauling up at Newcastle.

Could do worse than just picking names from a hat to be honest. Get Jones back to do the honours for a bit of a laugh.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

I’m going, seemed like a good idea at the time!

Predicting nothing, expecting nothing other than a city break to somewhere I’d like to see.

Good attitude! Just seen a good restaurant review for a place called Khai Khai and a good bakery called The Northern Rye..

They will absolutely decimate us and win at a canter, could be very ugly.  I'm hoping that JWP is still out and not able to play, he's given as much as he can to this shitshow and deserves a break.   You don't have to be very old to remember the days when we were more than a match for Newcastle, now though they are light years ahead of us, we really shouldn't be on the same pitch as them. 

What an absolute fucking mess this club is in.  

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

I expect we’ll look to spare Bazunu the embarrassment of a heavy defeat. We’ll play him CF this week instead 

To be honest if he plays Bazunu it will show just how totally clueless Selles is. I'm not a fan but I dont see how he can drop McCarthy after one match where he did nothing wrong. We shall see.

28 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

To be honest if he plays Bazunu it will show just how totally clueless Selles is. I'm not a fan but I dont see how he can drop McCarthy after one match where he did nothing wrong. We shall see.

Really? He let the ball dribble past him.

• Like 2

I’ve got the same level of apathy now that I had in 2009 once administration had been announced and we knew it was all over.

I’m sure Eddie will want to drive some more nails into our coffin and with a top 4 finish in their sights and the form they’re on this has to be a 5 or 6 nil home banker.

Edited by bpsaint

7 hours ago, Micky said:

They will absolutely decimate us and win at a canter, could be very ugly.  I'm hoping that JWP is still out and not able to play, he's given as much as he can to this shitshow and deserves a break.   You don't have to be very old to remember the days when we were more than a match for Newcastle, now though they are light years ahead of us, we really shouldn't be on the same pitch as thsquad of expensive no hopers em. 

Totally agree. We will have a squad of expensive no hopers and freaks. No one will buy them so we can start again. 

Fair play to anyone who’s going! It’s likely to be horrible.

Difficult to know who to pick - I’d probably select our most gutless, useless and/ or can’t be arsed/downed tools players as punishment (except Bazunu who I think we’ve damaged enough).

so I’m hoping for

McCarthy

AMN DCC Salisu KWP

Moi JWP Diallo Aribo

ArnA Mara

Quite frankly the way Selles picks teams there’s a reasonable chance most of them will play anyway. Which pretty much says it all.

Edited by Chewy
Typo

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

We're relegated. You might as well start the developmental 1 over the veteran.

I'd also prefer to see Payne over Arsenal Maitland Niles, for the same reason if Perraud is out

What irritates me the most about the game against Newcastle is that we are playing against a side managed by the man who should be the Saints’ manager. 
I blame Sports Republic for failing to I sack Ralph in the close season when Eddie Howe was available and waiting for the call.  The decision to sack the coaching staff but keep the head coach is why we are where we are.  Best thing for the club will be if the owners put it up for sale. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Professor said:

What irritates me the most about the game against Newcastle is that we are playing against a side managed by the man who should be the Saints’ manager. 
I 

Yep, agree with that but there was a fair few certainly on this forum who didn't want Howe. Wonder if their thoughts have changed now.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Professor said:

I blame Sports Republic for failing to I sack Ralph in the close season when Eddie Howe was available and waiting for the call.  The decision to sack the coaching staff but keep the head coach is why we are where we are.  Best thing for the club will be if the owners put it up for sale. 

What close season are you even talking about?

34 minutes ago, Professor said:

Eddie Howe was Newcastle manager before SR took over

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Deflected 

4 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

I thought the same watching in real time, but replay did show the deflection tbf

Only very slightly and I thought he had enough time to adjust. He seemed to get caught by surprise but that’s what can happen when you don’t play for a while.

However, if the glove had been on the other hand…

Taking all the last dregs of my enthusiasm to post this. Kudos to anyone who goes to Newcastle to watch this rabble.

Think Rasmuses' next book should be titled: 'How to destroy a football club' ...How to make horrendous managerial decisions, spend a fortune and send a classic club spiralling downward to oblivion in one season'

Our issue is not being relegated from the Premier League - it's being not relegated from the Championship next season.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Huge kudos to those that are travelling, I certainly can’t justify the cost on that shite. I won’t be watching, 4 or 5-0 probably. We will be bullied. 

Sold 1700 I understand, surely most making the effort are at least getting a weekend away out of it, anyone going up and back in the day deserves a medal. 

Wonder if we'll follow Spurs example with refunds to fans?! 

15 hours ago, Micky said:

They will absolutely decimate us and win at a canter, could be very ugly.  I'm hoping that JWP is still out and not able to play, he's given as much as he can to this shitshow and deserves a break.   You don't have to be very old to remember the days when we were more than a match for Newcastle, now though they are light years ahead of us, we really shouldn't be on the same pitch as them. 

Without the money they would still be bottom half. Cannot stand them as a club.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic