Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

FarehamSaintJames

What the actual fuck is happening?

Im not defending mad nat but apparently, under him,  three at the back doesn’t suit our players and they prefer playing a 4 as they all understand it…

We’ve once again got no consistency in the starting line up and no strikers playing.

Im guessing it’s a 532/352 but who knows after the mid week debacle.

Has Selles decided that what Bournemouth did was clearly so successful that we should try it for the remainder of the season? Just in case?

This will just like the cup. They’ll smash us early doors, game will be gone and we’ll all play out a happy 2-0 defeat.

Im going to do something else. Fuck this! 
*This comment can, of course, be used against me if we win 😆. I’ve been a positives finder for a long time so I feel I’m entitled to give no shits today

• Like 1

And todays lucky dip player selection is…WTF? I see JWP has made a miraculous recovery, bless.  I doubt I’ll be watching…it’s just too painful. Can’t see anything other than a heavy defeat…who cares… let’s say 4-0. Respect to anyone travelling to watch the shit show that’ll be served up.

• Like 1

In Selles world it's all about the system and selles has said time and time again we are great with a good system so he gets 3pt for each good system he creates.

In the real world you need people who can get the ball in the net, by arse, by dick, it doesn't matter, goals make the difference not systems.

Fucking numpty

Edited by Convict Colony

12 minutes ago, SaintZamboni said:

What the actual fuck is happening?

Im not defending mad nat but apparently, under him,  three at the back doesn’t suit our players and they prefer playing a 4 as they all understand it…

We’ve once again got no consistency in the starting line up and no strikers playing.

Im guessing it’s a 532/352 but who knows after the mid week debacle.

Has Selles decided that what Bournemouth did was clearly so successful that we should try it for the remainder of the season? Just in case?

This will just like the cup. They’ll smash us early doors, game will be gone and we’ll all play out a happy 2-0 defeat.

Im going to do something else. Fuck this! 
*This comment can, of course, be used against me if we win 😆. I’ve been a positives finder for a long time so I feel I’m entitled to give no shits today

Selles is clearly expecting a big defeat and has picked a side to limit the damage. Looks to me as though we'll go five at the back and probably have Alcaraz as a lone front man with the rest trying to pack out the midfield and hope for the odd quick break through Sulemana. 5-0 defeat would be a reasonable outcome today.

The plan must be keep it tight for 80 minutes, then throw one of our goalscoring machines, Che or AA on to nick it.

Let’s hope Newcastle don’t score first or Rubén’s plan goes to pot. Wonder if he’s considered that however remote a possibility it might be. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

Feels like Jones kept his breakdown till the press conferences , whereas Selles has his when picking the team.

No striker at all?!

Why the surprise?

Scoring  goals is an overrated part of the game. Especially as league positions don’t matter.

PlanetRasmus#
Semmenstheorynumbertwo#

Annoying to see Shar and Botman line up against us.

Shar was on our radar in 2017 but Les couldn’t complete the deal. Probably not his fault, but presumably letting Fonte go in expectation of it happening was.

Botman - cost Lille less than we payed for Salisu, and they flogged him for £35m after two seasons playing for them. Our scouts clearly scoured Europe for the right one there. 

Dear oh fucking dear!

The board that never learn...

Nah, we don't need to replace Broja!

Let's start the season with Ralph!

LOL let's replace Ralph with someone completely untested and this level and is clearly going to be out of his depth!

Oops...let's just put in that guy who's been around the other 2 failures, surely he'll have learned a lot.

Edited by OttawaSaint

50 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

Not long now to see what the random forward generator spews out this week 

Malfunction obviously.

Glad Camelot don’t use a set of balls called Ruben, it would probably only drop five.

8 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Actually have bet against my own team for the first time. I feel ashamed but will be the easiest money I’ve ever made. Man City/ Newcastle double for 1.6/1. £200 on. Will pay for a high class hooker to get over my football depression.

Should have also included Lyanco to get booked 21/10

I’ve not got that much of a problem with that team up there, the only way we’ll get anything from this game is defending properly & nicking something. It’s the negativity at winnable home games that frustrates me. At the end of the day there’s not one player who can complain about being left out. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic