Matt LeTiss (evening with Matt in Shrewsbury)

bogwoppit

If you live in the West Midlands/ Shropshire, you may or may not be interested in “An evening with Matt” at the Buttermarket in Shrewsbury Thursday 23/11

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=pfbid033b3mNiQJrJuY9Zv2bgS3ucg1cEa7UebuGXoM3Rex3hiHCjHGWhsg2RQTd4K6Eo1Al&id=100064875060676

Edited by bogwoppit
More detail in header

• bogwoppit changed the title to Matt LeTiss (evening with Matt in Shrewsbury)
Just now, once_bitterne said:

I think Matty peaked when he claimed on Twitter that Bill Gates had had the PM of Tanzania assassinated.  You don't get that sort of content from other club's legends tbf.

I don’t know, I’ve heard about a former Bristol Rovers player who reckons water becomes toxic if you say nasty things to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If Matt (and others) were right, and Covid was some massive conspiracy etc. When are they expecting the "results" of said conspiracy to become apparent? I've heard talk of "the great reset" and links to 5G....but its been a few years since the height of the pandemic and (if it was some great conspiracy involving all the worlds governments) I'm yet to see what Bill Gates etc had planned?!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

If Matt (and others) were right, and Covid was some massive conspiracy etc. When are they expecting the "results" of said conspiracy to become apparent? I've heard talk of "the great reset" and links to 5G....but its been a few years since the height of the pandemic and (if it was some great conspiracy involving all the worlds governments) I'm yet to see what Bill Gates etc had planned?!

Matt and co. foiled their great plan, obviously.

Denying he was a paranoid conspiracy theorist on many occasions in recent years, but now (today) outing his view again via sharing a tweet that 9/11 was controlled explosions !  I mean Matt, how do you get all the explosive material inside the buildings without nobody seeing it ! 

Just dont talk to him about 'satanic peados' drinking blood of children, he will burn yer ears off. 

Le tissier's demise has been terrible to watch.  

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

I’ve currently got Covid after avoiding it all this time. If he wants to come round my house spouting his bullshit about it being a conspiracy I’m more than happy to set him straight !

Tough cookies. We've all been there! Hope you've kept up-to-date with the jabs.

Another one coming up for the Over-65's, the rest of you are expendable.

54 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Tough cookies. We've all been there! Hope you've kept up-to-date with the jabs.

Another one coming up for the Over-65's, the rest of you are expendable.

Had the two initial jabs, just to travel really. Not had any since and had covid a couple of times since. Still here. A real condition, just an absolute shit show of a response. Listen, if you were going to die of covid, you were probably going to die of a nasty bout of the flu. 

2 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Had the two initial jabs, just to travel really. Not had any since and had covid a couple of times since. Still here. A real condition, just an absolute shit show of a response. Listen, if you were going to die of covid, you were probably going to die of a nasty bout of the flu. 

You realise they developed a flu vaccine for exactly that reason, right? 

21 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

How after all this time are we still having this debate? You realise that unchecked the first wave of covid would have overwhelmed our health service with those requiring treatment and resulted in thousands of unnecessary deaths both from COVID and other normally survivable conditions as the the NHS crumbled?

Back to MLT his demise has been remarkable he seems to have disappeared so far down the rabbit hole there is no way back.  Those close to him really should intervene for his own good and force him to withdraw from public life and seek help.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

How after all this time are we still having this debate? You realise that unchecked the first wave of covid would have overwhelmed our health service with those requiring treatment and resulted in thousands of unnecessary deaths both from COVID and other normally survivable conditions as the the NHS crumbled?

Back to MLT his demise has been remarkable he seems to have disappeared so far down the rabbit hole there is no way back.  Those close to him really should intervene for his own good and force him to withdraw from public life and seek help.

From or with Covid?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

This seems weird to me.  What sort of help do you think he needs and why should he withdraw from public life?  As far as I'm aware people are allowed to have batshit mental opinions without needing "help".

I'm not on Twitter or whatever it's called these days so can't say I've followed all that MLT has said but it does appear that his opinions are pretty strange. However as long as it's just his opinion then I don't see what the problem is.  People are free to disagree with him and looks like the majority (rightly) do but being a conspiracy nut doesn't mean you need help - it just means you're probably wrong. 

I'm not even sure how you would go about getting help - should I go to the doctor if I think JFK was assassinated by a joint CIA and mafia operation? 

• Like 4

I suspect the long term damage caused by lockdowns on families, kids schooling / education, mental health, cancer treatments (and other serious ailments) for patients not getting appointments or feeling they should to save the NHS and not getting symptoms treated will have a far greater impact than the virus itself.

We'll all be living with the fallout from it for years to come.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

why should he withdraw from public life?  

To be honest he’s withdrawn himself from public life. Before his theory inspired tweets and comments he’d made himself a bit of a mainstream media celeb with appearances on quiz shows etc. Obviously not content with that he burnt all those bridges so his media work has been cut to the conspiracy theory circuit where other people who think nothing is as it seems can massage his ego and give him air time.

He’ll never admit he lost the job on Sky himself, he could easily have carried on like Merson has but he couldn’t keep his trap shut. Shame really.

44 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

This seems weird to me.  What sort of help do you think he needs and why should he withdraw from public life?  As far as I'm aware people are allowed to have batshit mental opinions without needing "help".

I'm not on Twitter or whatever it's called these days so can't say I've followed all that MLT has said but it does appear that his opinions are pretty strange. However as long as it's just his opinion then I don't see what the problem is.  People are free to disagree with him and looks like the majority (rightly) do but being a conspiracy nut doesn't mean you need help - it just means you're probably wrong. 

I'm not even sure how you would go about getting help - should I go to the doctor if I think JFK was assassinated by a joint CIA and mafia operation? 

He literally appears to be spending all day every day mashing his fists into his phone posting tweet after tweet about various conspiracy theories and how the world is being controlled by some form of secret group.  That can't be healthy for him.

The only other thing he seems to do is shilling for the Ganja Gummy company.

19 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

To be honest he’s withdrawn himself from public life. Before his theory inspired tweets and comments he’d made himself a bit of a mainstream media celeb with appearances on quiz shows etc. Obviously not content with that he burnt all those bridges so his media work has been cut to the conspiracy theory circuit where other people who think nothing is as it seems can massage his ego and give him air time.

He’ll never admit he lost the job on Sky himself, he could easily have carried on like Merson has but he couldn’t keep his trap shut. Shame really.

Yeah, of course being in the public eye means that things like this will probably lose him work but that's a bit different to forcing him to withdraw which was the point I was addressing.  

Just now, once_bitterne said:

He literally appears to be spending all day every day mashing his fists into his phone posting tweet after tweet about various conspiracy theories and how the world is being controlled by some form of secret group.  That can't be healthy for him.

The only other thing he seems to do is shilling for the Ganja Gummy company.

TBH there's people on here that do the same - I wouldn't advocate forcing them to withdraw and getting them to seek help though.  They're just wrong (IMO).  Just seems like quite a dangerous (and arrogant) path to go down if we start to suggest that people we profoundly disagree with should seek "help".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I suspect the long term damage caused by lockdowns on families, kids schooling / education, mental health, cancer treatments (and other serious ailments) for patients not getting appointments or feeling they should to save the NHS and not getting symptoms treated will have a far greater impact than the virus itself.

I very much doubt that untreated Covid virus would be better that what we have now. You would need to factor in underfunded NHS and disaster planning as well etc .

2 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Sadly lockdown will probably have impacted on cancer rates, probably neutral on mental health, but there won't be any long term affects of lock down on families, kids or education. 

3 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

But that’s all part of the pandemic and the alternative clearly wouldn’t have been ‘to carry on’ it would have been total carnage with a breakdown in vital infrastructure like food production and delivery, petrol delivery, security compromised, the list goes on

3 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

There is another thread on it elsewhere but its arguments like this that over simplified the situation, it wasn’t really a case of lockdown/cancel appointments vs not.. and the narrative around ‘we’ll live with the cost of lockdowns etc etc’ is flawed because you never really knew or imagined the total impact of the virus if left unchecked

Correct it was highly survivable but the fact it is/was SO contagious and a high(ish) percentage of those affected required hospitalisation, so in essence IF we didn’t have lockdowns the potential long term damage due to an overwhelmed NHS would of potentially exceeded the long term damage done by lockdowns themselves

We’ll be living with the fallout of Covid for years to come because it was a global pandemic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

It was always going be a balancing act but without any sort of lockdown it would have been carnage IMO. I knew two people who died from Covid, one at the start during lockdown and one after it had finished. I also had a friend who's wife was seriously ill at it's peak and if there had not been capacity for her in ICU she wouldn't be here today so limiting the amount of hospitalisations probably saved her life and many others.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, revolution saint said:

If it was a family member of mine who’d gone that far down the rabbit hole I would be suggesting they look at serious mental health treatment and  getting them to withdraw from public life ie twitter etc as it clearly just feeds the addiction.  To me the conspiracy nut is just another addict who needs treating.  I have no problem with people holding different opinions and I’m not advocating I cancel him or that society does I’m advocating that those that know and love him give him the helP and support he clearly needs to come back to the real world.  If he was drinking or gambling all day long you would say he needs help this conspiracy wormhole is basically the same thing just a different addiction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

If it was a family member of mine who’d gone that far down the rabbit hole I would be suggesting they look at serious mental health treatment and  getting them to withdraw from public life ie twitter etc as it clearly just feeds the addiction.  To me the conspiracy nut is just another addict who needs treating.  I have no problem with people holding different opinions and I’m not advocating I cancel him or that society does I’m advocating that those that know and love him give him the helP and support he clearly needs to come back to the real world.  If he was drinking or gambling all day long you would say he needs help this conspiracy wormhole is basically the same thing just a different addiction.

Nah, that's nonsense.  He has a different opinion to you and you don't like it - it's absolutely not the same as gambling or alcoholism.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

From or with Covid?

Ummm plenty of those with COVID would have died from COVID the totally destroyed health service and other critical services would have also killed plenty hence pretty much every country in the world had lockdowns.

5 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Nah, that's nonsense.  He has a different opinion to you and you don't like it - it's absolutely not the same as gambling or alcoholism.

It’s not an opinion though is it it is an addiction to lies and conspiracy and an ongoing quest online for recognition and affirmation of those beliefs his continuing quest for the sky monkeys ruling the world is an addiction hence he gets more ridiculous by the day.  Say what you like from where I’m sat he has a serious mental health condition and his friends and family should help him.

an opinion would be to say pineapple is acceptable on a pizza (it’s not but anyway) not saying something as utterly ridiculous as the twin towers was a controlled demolition.

Some mentally I’ll people hear voices others see conspiracy everywhere they look.

Edited by a1ex2001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Its far from 'opinion', that would be seriously underplaying his behaviour over the last three years.

Hes rotting his brain badly from american internet conspiracy loons and faceless idiots on social media, who wont be there when he becames mentally worse.

At the moment hes 'putting on a face' that pretends everything is ok, when its cleary not.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

It’s not an opinion though is it it is an addiction to lies and conspiracy and an ongoing quest online for recognition and affirmation of those beliefs his continuing quest for the sky monkeys ruling the world is an addiction hence he gets more ridiculous by the day.  Say what you like from where I’m sat he has a serious mental health condition and his friends and family should help him.

an opinion would be to say pineapple is acceptable on a pizza (it’s not but anyway) not saying something as utterly ridiculous as the twin towers was a controlled demolition.

Some mentally I’ll people hear voices others see conspiracy everywhere they look.

Oh come on, these things are opinions whether you like it or not.  You can disagree with him all you like but it doesn't necessarily make him mentally ill.  Reg Presley believed in aliens, Tom Cruise believes everyone can be an immortal being called a Thetan, hell, some people even believe the world was created in seven days and Father Christmas exists.  They're all (depending on your point of view) nuts but it doesn't make them mentally ill.

It does get quite scary when you've got to the point where you disagree with someone strongly enough to suggest they're mentally ill.  Apparently there's help available though.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Reg Presley believed in aliens, Tom Cruise believes everyone can be an immortal being called a Thetan, hell, some people even believe the world was created in seven days and Father Christmas exists.

And on the other side, you have people believing in things that aren't true.

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If you were a family member or friend of mine, I’d stage an intervention to try and stop you being such an asshole. 

One side thinks it's an intervention, the other thinks it's an an alien abduction or proof the pod people have captured their loved ones, because they know the truth, and must be stopped.

14 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Oh come on, these things are opinions whether you like it or not.  You can disagree with him all you like but it doesn't necessarily make him mentally ill.  Reg Presley believed in aliens, Tom Cruise believes everyone can be an immortal being called a Thetan, hell, some people even believe the world was created in seven days and Father Christmas exists.  They're all (depending on your point of view) nuts but it doesn't make them mentally ill.

It does get quite scary when you've got to the point where you disagree with someone strongly enough to suggest they're mentally ill.  Apparently there's help available though.

I’d say Tom Cruise has significant mental health problems as do many professionals who actually know what mental health problems look like.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

The thing about all this is that he doesn’t actually have opinions. What he has is a bog standard anti-opinion to pretty much everything. I could have told you his so called ‘opinion’ on 9/11 a couple of years ago, without him ever having to say, type or retweet a single word himself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

The thing about all this is that he doesn’t actually have opinions. What he has is a bog standard anti-opinion to pretty much everything. I could have told you his so called ‘opinion’ on 9/11 a couple of years ago, without him ever having to say, type or retweet a single word himself.

Possibly - I don't follow him and really don't care what he says but, even if that's true, it still doesn't make him mentally ill.

Edited by revolution saint
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Possibly - I don't follow him and really don't care what he says but, even if that's true, it still doesn't make him mentally ill.

Tbh this, and the guy is very intelligent, he’s just been taken in and overwhelmed  by the conspiracist crew

He doesn’t need to withdraw from public life etc, he just and in fairness probably has, needs people around him to refute his nonsense

unfortunately i think pre covid (exceptions granted) we lived in a time where life was comfortable and people don’t accept a change to that reality, they’d rather believe covid was a control mechanism then accept the reality that life isn’t as under control for the human race as we’ve come to believe 

• Like 1

On 07/09/2023 at 17:49, a1ex2001 said:

Many did die from normally survivable conditions though.