Coventry 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

Jack

I get the feeling Martin told them to up the tempo. Ascended up with them not being able to do that, resulting in a lumped ball forward, a run into no where from Charles, prone to error as we struggle to change. Now one down, and offering nothing at present. Coventry happily soaked up our possession all first half. Now, they can afford to not attack, while we wonder what to do.

Subs imminent.

Very odd team selection tonight, I'm not surprised we're losing.

Manning's deficiencies are well-known, his positioning is genuinely shocking but nobody seems to pick him up on this. No idea what Bree did wrong to get dropped (I do, he's not the manager's mate).

I like Charles, I think he's a good player, but I have no idea why he's playing as our marauding box-to-box midfielder, he's not good enough going forward. Smallbone is doing his job, and not very well.

Aribo has shown he's absolutely useless out wide over the last two years, he had 1.5 decent games playing in the centre of midfield, so for some reason he's been out on the left, where he has been actively detrimental.

Adams' best performances for us were when he was playing with Ings, coming short and playing quick passes. We're playing with two strikers again, but for some reason Adams and A.Armstrong are never anywhere near each other.

S.Armstrong and KWP have been our only good players, but they are overcompensating for having to do everything themselves.

The whole team not helped by Bednarek having his worst game all season.

Edited by igsey
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coventry 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D unpinned this topic